69BA21D4-F04D-449E-BEAF-DE28324FBBDD (resized).png
image (resized).jpeg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
25399121_937045336475070_2734934962528468648_n (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
D3572CF8-02D0-4519-BAA1-0BB433FD16CD (resized).jpeg
E8CB3B2A-179A-454B-AC96-BD932A6FA404 (resized).jpeg
homer (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#580 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That is foolish...mediocre is too kind for that list.
GOT = Sub-Mediocre
SW = A mess
AS = Mediocre
BM = BM
GB = Box of vomit
The SPIKE era has been massively disappointing. Most of the SAM games were really great...and if not great, really damn good. Whitestar had some gems, too.

BM = Bowel Movement?

Sounds about right.

#701 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Stern
If you're reading this
Hire back Keefer

LOL, good luck with that!

#742 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yep same thing happened to me a long time ago when I said RZ sucked. You would have thought I killed someone's kid or something with how mad people got at me over saying that lmao.

You were right. RZ is the worst game I can remember in quite some time...WWE is even leagues better than that game.

#900 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Yah but...we don’t all know. Yes TWD has developed a cult following - definitely among the owners, and maybe others, but it’s very unclear to the masses how “great” it is. It’s only #20 on Pinside, and everyone knows how “newb centric”Pinside is. If TWD was so universally admired it would be in the Top 10 of Pinside.
I have no idea how great or deep the code is, because in the first year or so, when I had the most opportunities to play it, the code was very incomplete. Frankly, I don’t really care for the layout or most of the shots, but I’ll be the first to admit that great code solves a lot of problems.
TWD also shipped with ridiculous call outs by “BBH redneck guy”. So, again, no, I haven’t heard Clelands remix or anyone else’s.
To me TWD is ok. I’ll play it when I see it on route, but will I ever get to most of the code you owners rave about it? Maybe, but doubt it. And I sure as shit won’t hear what’s happening in a bar or whatever.
Ice, I need an invite. About 48 hours of straight beer and pinball in your crib to figure out if you’re right about TWD, BM66, GB etc. whaddaya say?

“Only #20”...LOL, that’s pretty damn good. It’s right there with MET for best Stern post IM in my opinion. Does IM suck because it’s not top 10?

#905 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

You’re probably proving my point. If IM ratings started today, for the first time, I’ll bet it would be ranked a lot higher, but the poison pill had already been digested before people finally figured out how rad IM is.
TWDs rating level was ordained when it shipped with crappy code and non- show (and random redneck) call outs. It could be the best game evah(!) and never crack top 10 at this point. Are TWDs selling for a premium on secondary market?
BM may suffer a similar fate, regardless of the Lyman factor.
Full disclosure, BM66 was my favorite game at Allentown, and I played them all. But there is a decent chance no one even notices - except hard core players - once the code is finally complete.

I think I misunderstood you earler...point taken.

#1133 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Speaking of pure greatness....gonna fire up some Super Mario Odyssey! No more pinball lol byeeeeeeeee

At only $60, that’s a hell of a deal for hours and hours of entertainment. Better than a $15 two hour movie or a $15,000 pinball machine.

#1144 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

For kids I’d say it is.

LOL, you can count on Who-Dey and Hazoff to be “macho”.

2 months later
#1688 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Iron Maiden got delayed alright.
They are still trying to figure out how to work "Bring your Daughter to the Slaughter" into the mix without Trudeau.

LOL!

2 months later
#1749 6 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

The new IM pin has been revealed. The artwork looks amazing, it has a kick-ass song list, the playfield looks awesome, and the Pro model looks like it will come with a bunch of great features included.
So what are we seeing on the Stern Iron Maiden thread? Is it multiple pages of eager buyers? Or is it page after page of people vowing not to buy the pin because of the teaser video the other day?

It’s not IM! That’s Ironman!

1 week later
#1775 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im really confused. You say that Stern is kicking ass with the Iron Maiden pin but they're doing it all wrong "again". After you say that Stern is selling more games than all the other companies combined and its a great time to be a pinball fan.

He was sarcastic...the Stern white knight can’t see the forest through the trees.

#1779 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Oh ok, i couldnt figure out what you was trying to say lol.

I would probably take offense to that but coming from a guy that has WOZ ranked #1, your idiotic comments are understable.

WOZ is my favorite game of all time, just ahead of MM and SM. It’s MY opinion. Not sure what that has to do with anything, but apparently you think it’s an indicator of intelligence. Ironic?

#1784 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Well that would explain why you tend to call Stern fans “white knights”.
To each their own.
It’s actually pretty funny how one man’s trash is another man’s treasure in this hobby.

LOL.
Did I call Stern fans white knights? No. I called one individual that who happens to incessantly defend any halfway critical comment of Stern games. He even jumps on sarcastic comments that are actually praising Stern! That was the funny part!! LOL.
My top three favorite games are JJP, Williams, and STERN! I’m a Stern fan. In your definition I’m a Stern white knight too I guess.
*shrug*

Quoted from Who-Dey:

It’s probably a fun game but i couldn’t own it because of the theme alone. Its also nowhere near a #1 ranked pin unless you’re a 10 year old girl maybe.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
6,495 (Firm)
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pimp77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-dark-night-for-stern?tu=Pimp77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.