69BA21D4-F04D-449E-BEAF-DE28324FBBDD (resized).png
image (resized).jpeg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
25399121_937045336475070_2734934962528468648_n (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
D3572CF8-02D0-4519-BAA1-0BB433FD16CD (resized).jpeg
E8CB3B2A-179A-454B-AC96-BD932A6FA404 (resized).jpeg
homer (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Manic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#354 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

It’s not him. Black Knight said he left pinside because it was a toxic waste dump, so there’s no way he would come back. Plus having another identity is against the rules and subject to permanent banning.
Plus, it’s a woman.

Black Knight is the guy that told everybody to completely remove "all the clear" before attempting to re-clear. lol

"I followed his advice and it removed all the paint off my PF... now what do I do?"

You guys sure love your self-appointed experts.

Nothing personal against the guy but I like people that have the confidence to say "I don't know" when they don't know the answer. These "expert" types loudly proclaim everything they say as "fact" even when they are out of their depth on certain subjects. They don't seem to realize that makes *all* their opinions suspect.

#396 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Answers in ranges or magnitudes would be good enough to provide perspective, which is the point. Stern has provided some of that info in the past and they obviously didn't go out of business. And building pinball machines isn't your typical industry. Even if you had that information you aren't going to "beat them right out of the industry" unless you are willing to spend a massive fortune with no guarantee you will ever make a dollar.
The point is that Stern should have addressed specific market segments, not thrown out a single "gee whiz" figure with no context in a beer and barcades is the future of pinball pitch.

"Hmmm ... we sold 40% more GB's and SW's than WWE. Let's use this figure for the presentation! That's growth!"

#433 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Don't forget when he said "HEP restoration" was around before HEP.
Huh?

C'mon dude... he explained it was a "well recognized term" back then.... that nobody had ever heard. Ever.

Quoted from Manic:

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

black knight is not a professional playfield restorer. All advice and things I state about playfield restoration are indeed fact, because i've been doing it for 11 years and have done close to 400 fields. So I do consider myself an expert when it comes to playfields.

And that's why I didn't mention you as I consider you one of the "do'ers" and not the "talkers".
Though come to think of it you DO talk a whole damn lot...

#583 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I can't remember what show it was at but Gary Stern said 70% of games sold go to home buyers in the USA. This was Last year.

Yeah I remember that quote also. I was surprised he finally said it but it's obvious as pins are gone from virtually every spot near me.

It may have been said at the BM66 "party".

#744 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Until someone shows me numbers to back that up I call total BS on the entire notion that we're a sliver. Stern can pretend they don't care what Pinside thinks, but I know for a fact that plenty of them read everything that's posted here.
I once said something dickish about Lonnie on like page 30 of some random thread and I got an email or a call (forget which now) from Jody asking if I would apologize to him. (I did.) They're reading it all!!
WOZ has sold something like 3000 games. 958 people have it listed in their collection here, and we already know people don't always list their games. That's a third of the JJP market. Not a sliver.
Pinside isn't the be all end all, the center of the pinball universe, but the numbers here damn well count as far as I'm concerned. We shouldn't sell ourselves short.

yeah I once said something a little snarky about a Steve Richie design and promptly found a PM from the King gently lambasting me for my comments. Kinda cool actually.

So yeah of course all those guys read PS...it directly relates to what they do so why wouldn't they?

Now getting them to ADMIT it is another matter

1 week later
#1156 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Well if what makes you macho around here is feeling that Mario Odyssey is for children then this place is far more frightening that I had previously thought. I've tried to get into the last couple nintendo consoles but it never works out, just not feeling those games anymore, playing Fall Out 4 on my PC its great and looking forward to God Of War on the PS4 this coming year, if you like to play Mario then all the power to ya, does it mean ur not as Macho as me, you bet ur ass it does.

If you can beat the last few hidden bonus stages on MO... THEN you're "macho"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 28.00
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Manic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-dark-night-for-stern?tu=Manic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.