69BA21D4-F04D-449E-BEAF-DE28324FBBDD (resized).png
image (resized).jpeg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
25399121_937045336475070_2734934962528468648_n (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
D3572CF8-02D0-4519-BAA1-0BB433FD16CD (resized).jpeg
E8CB3B2A-179A-454B-AC96-BD932A6FA404 (resized).jpeg
homer (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BC_Gambit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#925 6 years ago
Quoted from jzdziarski:

I haven't yet played a stern table I actually like, and we have several nearby. It feels more like they're depending on game code and effects rather than good pinball play, good target placement, and a game with a predictable, skill-based objective (that's not a video game). I get that they hired a lot of the old staff from defunct pin companies, but compared with anything I ever played back in the 80s/90s, it just doesn't compare... and as they seem to be banking so much on code, from what I've read in this forum it sounds as though they don't have nearly the coding talent that modern day game manufacturers have on staff, so you're likely to buy a game that is riddled with bugs and end up with something abandoned in a few years... versus the 25yo pins sitting in my home today that are timeless.
Maybe Stern is just for a younger generation. I don't think I would ever buy one. It feels more like they've ruined pinball.

Wow, I'm not all roses and Sunshine when it comes to Stern, but it sounds like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed!

1 month later
#1609 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

He can say whatever he wants, doesn't make it true. Just believe whatever you want to believe I guess. My belief is the camera makes it look worse that what it really is and I also believe that it will get better the more that it's played. I believe that because I have personally experiencd what he is looking at with 2 of my games and they look good now. I'm not saying that is normal or ok or anything like that, just telling you what my experience was.

1700 plays is nothing for a route game, geez... I just don't know what to say at this point. That looks like a garbage playfield. End of story.

You can defend it all you want, but honestly you sound more like someone clinging to a view of a geocentric universe at this point rather than a rational human being. Stern ships some crap, its no secret...

3 years later
#1868 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If you're gonna be a dumb thread, might as well be top 5 dumb

Yeah, not sure if this is dumb thread as if I remember the points discussed were valid then and valid now. But this is a memorable thread!

In the Led Zep vs GNR camp I am in the GNR camp for now. It is not perfect by any means, but certainly has a next level wow factor, whereas zep pro looks like it came out of the dark days at Stern, not at peak pinball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BC_Gambit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-dark-night-for-stern?tu=BC_Gambit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.