69BA21D4-F04D-449E-BEAF-DE28324FBBDD (resized).png
image (resized).jpeg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
25399121_937045336475070_2734934962528468648_n (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
D3572CF8-02D0-4519-BAA1-0BB433FD16CD (resized).jpeg
E8CB3B2A-179A-454B-AC96-BD932A6FA404 (resized).jpeg
homer (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AAAV8R.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1738 6 years ago

Geez......tough crowd.

I’m guessing rumors of Stern Pinball’s imminent demise are a bit pre-mature.

The IM fans that were planning on buying it are still going to buy it. If it turns out to be a great all-around pin then others that aren’t really fans may want to buy.

I highly doubt initial marketing hype - or lack therof - will make or break this pin’s sales numbers.

#1748 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Totally, like what product or company bothers with stupid thing like marketing these days. Oh wait... all of them and it’s proven to have a massive impact on sales. Stern continues to enjoy kicking themselves in the balls.

The new IM pin has been revealed. The artwork looks amazing, it has a kick-ass song list, the playfield looks awesome, and the Pro model looks like it will come with a bunch of great features included.

So what are we seeing on the Stern Iron Maiden thread? Is it multiple pages of eager buyers? Or is it page after page of people vowing not to buy the pin because of the teaser video the other day?

#1760 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

That is great marketing when you have millions of grown up kids and your asking them for $20 and offering to let them relieve a moment of childhood. When you asking for $8000 and offering a band that they may not even remember, you need a whole lot more.

There really isn't a whole lot of people that can drop $5,500 - $12,000.....multiple times.....on toys. Outside of this dedicated community, there aren't a lot of people that would have a pin even in their top 10 list of "stuff to buy" if they had a spare $10k sitting around.

The market for pins is pretty small. All of us "older guys" grew up with pinball. Trying to get Gen Y, and especially Millennials interested has proven to be tough. I have a 12 and 15 year old at home. I keep trying, but they are much more interested in having their faces buried in their phones or iPads. Now Fortnite is the latest rage. I can't blame them, as I loved playing video games as well.

But, bottom line is, you need to go where the money is. Who can ACTUALLY afford these games? That leaves out A LOT of people, and also explains why Stern is making pins dedicated to "geezer bands" as they are called on here. I don't think Stern would sell a whole lot of Justin Bieber themed pins.

Along that line of affordability, I would also point out that there is hardly any competition for Stern on the entry level pins. Around $5500 nets a guy a nice Pro from Stern. The same guy would be saving another $3000 just to get a JJ entry level model. That is a HUGE disparity.

2 weeks later
#1793 5 years ago

All of these companies are going to step on their schwantz at some point or another. Looks like JJP is now dealing with a serious revolt from loyal fans. See “Who is second guessing their jjp potc preorder” thread.

“Pizza of the Caribbean”

Ouch.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 26.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vernon Hills, IL
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 38.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Vernon, BC
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 28.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AAAV8R.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-dark-night-for-stern?tu=AAAV8R and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.