11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 1,844 posts
  • 283 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 64 days ago by jfh
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 55 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpeg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
25399121_937045336475070_2734934962528468648_n (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
D3572CF8-02D0-4519-BAA1-0BB433FD16CD (resized).jpeg
E8CB3B2A-179A-454B-AC96-BD932A6FA404 (resized).jpeg
homer (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2017-11-21-10-33-21 (resized).png
IMG_3481 (resized).JPG
b1ced76e_blacknikeoneblack (resized).jpeg
20171118_230457 (resized).jpg
20171118_231923 (resized).jpg
FBA57E2D-558E-4FC2-A159-FEAECE1C08C6 (resized).png
H5OUkNR.gif
12362080_1107684859253730_2031685482_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1186 (resized).JPG (© https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8b/TOYOTA_MARK_X_G%27s_01.JPG/1280px-TOYOTA_MARK_X_G%27s_01.JPG)

There are 1846 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 37.
#1401 10 months ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

How many machines do you think Stern are going to produce this year, that that would be beyond the realms of possibility, i.e. "hilarious"? Do you really think they'll make 10,000 machines this year, or close to it? As previously stated, it seems very unlikely that they sell more machines than last year. Supposedly they weren't even close to capacity in 2016. Capacity at the new facility was supposed to be 11-12k a year.

Let's not forget it isn't just the new releases that count. Stern is still running Metallica, GoT, TWD and ACDC. Heck, didn't they do a run of ST early this year too?

I have no idea of the numbers, but it's a safe bet Stern has sold far more machines than its competitors combined this year.

#1402 10 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I have no idea of the numbers, but it's a safe bet Stern has sold far more machines than its competitors combined this year.

Yup and Walmart probably sells a lot more Halloween candy than a mom and pop candy store. Doesn't mean it's better

#1403 10 months ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Yup and Walmart probably sells a lot more Halloween candy than a mom and pop candy store. Doesn't mean it's better

Wow that's brilliant.

#1404 10 months ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Wow that's brilliant.

H5OUkNR.gif

#1405 10 months ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Wow that's brilliant.

Lol.....this guy is amazing isn’t he? I mean seriously how does anyone come up with something like that?

#1406 10 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Let's not forget it isn't just the new releases that count. Stern is still running Metallica, GoT, TWD and ACDC. Heck, didn't they do a run of ST early this year too?

Without a doubt Stern sells machines that fill the void at the lowest price range, they just need to remember that and stay there.

#1407 10 months ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Wow that's brilliant.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Lol.....this guy is amazing isn’t he? I mean seriously how does anyone come up with something like that?

All I'm saying is that just because you sell more of something doesn't make it better.

#1408 10 months ago

Thumbs up for Stern - a second "Stern of the Union" post and a set monthly schedule for them. A small step, but any improvement in communication is a good one.

#1409 10 months ago

Even if the software updates like for KISS and GB take longer than people want, at least they've confirmed they'll be coming. For the longest time we could only guess than they might come back to a game.

#1410 10 months ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

All I'm saying is that just because you sell more of something doesn't make it better.

Thanks for the explanation professor. just kidding. It depends on how you look at that, not to get too literal but actually it kinda does make it better from a business point of view, of course the quality isn't the same but that's all relative to the individual, here my brilliant take on this. I just bought a $30 Walmart winter jacket, plain black, very warm and more than adequate, my brother just bought a goose brand something or other jacket for $500 and yeah its built better, might last longer, looks a bit nicer with the crest and all but neither of us are going freeze, which one is better? I would rather use that 570 I saved to put a color DMD in my soon to be here TWD, see what I'm saying, what am I saying, I don't know?

#1411 10 months ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

All we are saying is what you said was really stupid. lol

#1412 10 months ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

True, but no one was saying that until you goaded Hazoff into telling us about his Walmart coat.

We were talking production numbers and sales because rubberducks has made some astounding claims on that topic in this thread, in support of his argument that Stern’s business is plummeting as a result of competition (plus quality issues and pricing decisions in the EU). He may be right, of course, even if much of his “data” appears to be invented.

#1413 10 months ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I just bought a $30 Walmart winter jacket, plain black, very warm and more than adequate, my brother just bought a goose brand something or other jacket for $500 and yeah its built better, might last longer, looks a bit nicer with the crest and all but neither of us are going freeze, which one is better? I would rather use that 570 I saved to put a color DMD in my soon to be here TWD, see what I'm saying, what am I saying, I don't know?

Ummm 500-30 is 470 last time I checked professor

#1414 10 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Quoted from Mfsrc791:

FBA57E2D-558E-4FC2-A159-FEAECE1C08C6 (resized).png

#1415 10 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Last time I checked you have said your fair share of stupid thing too. (And yes I admit it was a bad comparison)

#1416 10 months ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Last time I checked you have said your fair share of stupid thing too. (And yes I admit it was a bad comparison)

I’ve never said anything that stupid in my life .......not even joking! At least you made me laugh so that’s good.

#1417 10 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I’ve never said anything that stupid in my life

#1418 10 months ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

I think you need to get urself a calculator my friend.

#1419 10 months ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Quoted from Hazoff:

I think you need to get urself a calculator my friend.

Remember now, he's working with Canadian dollars. Or maybe just a Canadian calculator.

#1420 10 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Remember now, he's working with Canadian dollars. Or maybe just a Canadian calculator.

exactly, here 500 - 30 is always 570.

#1421 10 months ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

exactly, here 500 - 30 is always 570.

On account of the metric system, naturally.

#1422 10 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

On account of the metric system, naturally.

more due to taxes but the metric system doesn't help either.

#1423 10 months ago

Summarize Thread:

Stern quality going down while price keeps going up...but they still (likely) outsell everyone else combined by 3-4 to 1.

And if you want a sub 6k machine NIB they are still your only option.

#1424 10 months ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Summarize Thread:
Stern quality going down while price keeps going up...but they still (likely) outsell everyone else combined by 3-4 to 1.
And if you want a sub 6k machine NIB they are still your only option.

https://www.thepinballcompany.com/product/jetsons-pinball-machine/

#1425 10 months ago

Please tell me that you aren't trying to compare The Jetson to ANY new Stern game. That's not the point of your post I hope.

#1426 10 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Please tell me that you aren't trying to compare The Jetson to ANY new Stern game. That's not the point of your post I hope.

Nope. Just replying to: "if you want a sub 6k machine NIB they are still your only option."

#1427 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Nope. Just replying to: "if you want a sub 6k machine NIB they are still your only option."

Oh ok. Well I still agree that they are pretty much your only option. That isn't even in the same class as a Stern Pro.

#1428 10 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Oh ok. Well I still agree that they are pretty much your only option. That isn't even in the same class as a Stern Pro.

Very correct as the Jetson's cabinet doesn't fall apart like a Stern one. Also no Q/A issues. Code is complete.

#1429 10 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well a JJP isnt in the same class as a stern pro either I guess...But I understand the point that was being made.

#1430 10 months ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Very correct as the Jetson's cabinet doesn't fall apart like a Stern one. Also no Q/A issues. Code is complete.

Yeah and The Jetson game is selling so well isn't it? They are selling so many that they just can't keep them in stock. I'm not gonna get into an argument and bash that game or the company who makes it but The Jetson isn't even in the same league as any Stern Pro out there.

#1431 10 months ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Is your Metallica cabinet falling apart? Any Q/A issues? How about the code on MET, is it incomplete?

#1432 10 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Is your Metallica cabinet falling apart? Any Q/A issues? How about the code on MET, is it incomplete?

No, Two which I corrected/fixed, Mostly Complete.

#1433 10 months ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

No, Two which I corrected/fixed, Mostly Complete.

Well let's hear how bad the Q/A issues were for you out of the box. You did buy it new right?

#1434 10 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well let's hear how bad the Q/A issues were for you out of the box. You did buy it new right?

Both of my Mets (Pro and Premium) are perfect, such awesome games.

However, there are two GBs right on my street with cracking cabinets. I fixed one of them.

#1435 10 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Dude we get it. you're a stern fanboy lol. Lighten up, jeez.

#1436 10 months ago

Dude we get it. you're a stern fanboy lol. Lighten up, jeez.

No see that's where you are wrong and you really don't get it. Im far from a Stern fan boy but I give them credit when it's due and I can't stand all of the unnecessary bashing. Stern has their problems and I'll be the first to admit it, but their quality is no where near as bad as what some people want to act like it is. They make a shit load of games so of course there is going to be some problems here and there. Every pinball company has their problems.

#1437 10 months ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Both of my Mets (Pro and Premium) are perfect, such awesome games.
However, there are two GBs right on my street with cracking cabinets. I fixed one of them.

I don't doubt that a bit because there were some cabinet issues there for awhile. Shit happens for sure sometimes.

#1438 10 months ago

Well a JJP isnt in the same class as a stern pro either I guess...But I understand the point that was being made.

Exactly, and JJP is much much more expensive and they have never had any playfield problems and they always have complete code when their games ship don't they? Oh wait....maybe not!

#1439 10 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Exactly, and JJP is much much more expensive and they have never had any playfield problems and they always have complete code when their games ship don't they? Oh wait....maybe not!

The cabinets and parts they use are much nicer, but you sure as hell pay for it.

#1440 10 months ago

This is getting old, of the 32 Sterns downstairs, none of the issues everyone bitches about have appeared.

#1441 10 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No see that's where you are wrong and you really don't get it. Im far from a Stern fan boy but I give them credit when it's due and I can't stand all of the unnecessary bashing. Stern has their problems and I'll be the first to admit it, but their quality is no where near as bad as what some people want to act like it is. They make a shit load of games so of course there is going to be some problems here and there. Every pinball company has their problems.

If you’re far from a fanboy (gameroom loaded with pins exclusively from stern and rabidly panicking when people point out there issues) then I’d hate to see what a REAL fanboy looks like...

Facial tattoos?

#1442 10 months ago

If you’re far from a fanboy (gameroom loaded with pins exclusively from stern and rabidly panicking when people point out there issues) then I’d hate to see what a REAL fanboy looks like...
Facial tattoos?

I like Stern games what can I say? That doesn't mean I like their ghosted playfield's when it happens or when someone gets a bad cabinet. You would probably see a JJP POTC game in my basement if they wasn't so expensive. Im not brand loyal when it comes to Pinball, although I do think Stern makes the funnest games personally.

#1443 10 months ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

The cabinets and parts they use are much nicer, but you sure as hell pay for it.

I don't doubt that either, and I'm personally not willing to pay for it. More power to those that are though.

#1444 10 months ago

Absolutely like both of my JJP LEs , but experienced more issues with them than my Sterns.

#1445 10 months ago
Quoted from Banker:

Absolutely like both of my JJP LEs , but experienced more issues with them than my Sterns.

Well that's certainly interesting. I was always under the impression that they were totally flawless.

#1446 10 months ago

JJP pins are super quality, but far from flawless. Service issues were resolved quickly, as were issues with Stern.

#1447 10 months ago

I like pinball

#1448 10 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well that's certainly interesting. I was always under the impression that they were totally flawless.

I’ve heard they are much much higher quality (and ship with complete code etc etc) but have issues that may slip past QC like any handbuilt mechanically complex good.

#1449 10 months ago

I’ve heard they are much much higher quality (and ship with complete code etc etc) but have issues that may slip past QC like any handbuilt mechanically complex good.

Yeah I've been in the manufacturing business 34 years and that happens sometimes. It happens to every company on earth, maybe that's why I understand it better than most people do.

#1450 10 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah I've been in the manufacturing business 34 years and that happens sometimes. It happens to every company on earth, maybe that's why I understand it better than most people do.

Flukes happen to the best of them. Stern has perfected the art of driving quality out of their builds though. Good for driving up margins and those ‘flukes’.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hauppauge, NY
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 27.95
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 26.50
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 8,699.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 19.99
Playfield - Plastics
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 239.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 26.95
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 27.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1846 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 37.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside