69BA21D4-F04D-449E-BEAF-DE28324FBBDD (resized).png
image (resized).jpeg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
25399121_937045336475070_2734934962528468648_n (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
D3572CF8-02D0-4519-BAA1-0BB433FD16CD (resized).jpeg
E8CB3B2A-179A-454B-AC96-BD932A6FA404 (resized).jpeg
homer (resized).jpg
There are 2,022 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 41.
#751 6 years ago

Yeah I vaguely remember someone from JJP going on a under warranty WOZ for sale thread randomly mentioning to perspective buyers that the warranty was only for the original owners and can not be transferred. That did not go well, but they worked it through. The smaller companies have done very well with Pinside presence. Very smart of them to do so and they got rewarded with support and sales. Stern should do it also even if they take it on the chin because it would mean they are trying. JJP should do it too especially because they get a lot of love right now.

On the complaining - I feel a pretty good chunk of the legitimate complaining about Stern is totally getting lost because it is done by folks who don't own any Sterns and will likely never buy a new Stern or used one anyway. Like I have some BW or JJP friends who constantly bad mouth Stern. I never badmouth any of their games I don't really like. It does not make me happy and I feel like I am being rude doing it.

There is some - "well I would buy a new Stern if they do all these things!", but the list seems to go on too long and sorry Stern or anyone else is not dropping their prices $500 or more. If you don't like any of their games made yet like LOTR, TSPP, SM, FG, IM, MET, ACDC, TWD, GB, GOT SW etc then chances are you just will not own a newer Stern and they will not change for you. That's ok. Plenty of other options.

For me, if you complain about BM code, GB ghosted inserts or a cab issue in your game I totally feel for you and hope things get resvolved. If you got burned I get that and you should be annoyed. If you haven't gotten burned, never owned a Stern or just don't like Stern because of their gameplay or attitude and/ or feel you have to complain about them to make yourself feel better about spending a lot of money on a JJP DI or Pirates purchase or think by complaining you are helping save pinball or something that is kind of lame.

#752 6 years ago

Personally I really enjoy some of the Stern games, and have owned several...i.e. Metallica, AC/DC, LOTR are clearly my favorites. Now that being said I purchased these games after they've been out in the market for a while, and have been vetted by many users. They are all really fun pins to play, but clearly their QA, and build quality has suffered recently. I say that because my LOTR LE had essentially zero dimples or play field issues after a few hundred plays, and the newer builds clearly have issues. I completely understand why they would look for ways to decrease costs, and increase profitability....that being said it makes no sense to me why they would do that with the play fields...the lesson I think many have learned is you don't get a lot of value with their LE's...especially when you compare to JJP...

#753 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I have to say, I posted a Bosch dishwasher review a couple of days ago and was shocked to see it get through publishing on their site.
It's an honest review, but negative. I give them a lot of credit. That goes a long way. I expect them to contact me.

If it's under warranty, call the CS line and have a tech come over and check out the heater element. These things are well engineered I doubt something like that got over looked.

#754 6 years ago

You guys should just start calling and emailing Gary with your concerns. I have his number and email addy if you want it.

#755 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Now we're getting somewhere -- what percentage of pinball machines end up on boats? Gary needs to forget this whole barcade fad and focus on the yacht and cruise-ship markets.

I work at a Pinball Bar (nothing other than that) and I'm telling you it's gotten so many people that have never played into the hobby, I think he's on the right track.

#756 6 years ago
Quoted from Cantaffordgames:

I work at a Pinball Bar (nothing other than that) and I'm telling you it's gotten so many people that have never played into the hobby, I think he's on the right track.

sweet user name and first post. legit for sure. Not that I disagree with pinball bars getting people into the hobby, just have to assume you are a duplicate account.

#757 6 years ago

I work at a Pinball Bar (nothing other than that)...

haha..."Subtle."

#758 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You guys should just start calling and emailing Gary with your concerns. I have his number and email addy if you want it.

I already did and he will not respond.

#759 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

sweet user name and first post. legit for sure. Not that I disagree with pinball bars getting people into the hobby, just have to assume you are a duplicate account.

Nope, lurked for years, just thought I didn't have much to offer because I don't own any games, I promise you I'm a legitimate non-alt account. If you like I can verify myself, just feels weird.

#760 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

If it's under warranty, call the CS line and have a tech come over and check out the heater element. These things are well engineered I doubt something like that got over looked.

I owned a Bosch for a short while as well. They use a "no heat" drying system that doesn't use a heating element that saves a lot on energy costs. I forget what they call their drying "system", but that's why they don't dry very well.

Sorry for the derail, please continue bashing whatever..

#761 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

haha..."Subtle."

I meant as far as a "barcade" because most have videogames as well, I can see how that could be confusing.

#762 6 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

I owned a Bosch for a short while as well. They use a "no heat" drying system that doesn't use a heating element that saves a lot on energy costs. I forget what they call their drying "system", but that's why they don't dry very well.
Sorry for the derail, please continue bashing whatever..

Superior German Technology. You vill buy our schtuff, und, you will luff it.....

#763 6 years ago

Nope, lurked for years, just thought I didn't have much to offer because I don't own any games, I promise you I'm a legitimate non-alt account. If you like I can verify myself, just feels weird.

To think your opinion only matters if you own games is absurd! Welcome to Pinside, I Hope you enjoy your stay on the pinside ride

#764 6 years ago

I agree. Barcades kill it if run correctly. Just not sure how many folks who may open a barcade or own a bar hear Gary make his speeches about this? Also at at a pinball shows Gary always talks about how location games are the future of pinball, but everyone on the audience already own games and / or support location anyway.

Talking about the right things to the wrong audience Gary is.

#765 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

According to the home page, there are 43,369 registered pinside members. Id say that's significantly more than a large chunk of the pinball market.

That number is probably 10 percent of the total number of individuals who make up the pinball market, but likely also accounts for more than 50% of the $ spent on pinball. If you sought out and have joined Pinside, collectively you flex a lot of muscle. For instance, if collectors are 70% of Stern's sales that Gary claims, Pinside might touch 35% of the active $ pinball market. Cool. For all the new people that bought their first and only nib pin and don't know about Pinside, they will join the stream of people that make up the market.

#767 6 years ago

My Bosch dishwasher doesn't dry worth a shit either!

#768 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

My Bosch dishwasher doesn't dry worth a shit either!

I purchased the most expensive dishwasher in the store about 2 years ago. It is a kitchen aid and it is a giant piece of crap. I've fixed it constantly, all the plastics have broken inside, plastics on the racks, plastics on the bottom assembly. Nothing holds up. All the Kitchen Aid, Kenmore, Whirlpool, Maytag all use the same parts, wouldn't of mattered what I bought. Bosch is different though, they do their own thing. My dishwasher doesn't dry worth a crap either. I'm glad this came up, I feel better getting to vent! Oh, and I paid like $1,200 for mine, what a rip off.

#769 6 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I purchased the most expensive dishwasher in the store about 2 years ago. It is a kitchen aid and it is a giant piece of crap. I've fixed it constantly, all the plastics have broken inside, plastics on the racks, plastics on the bottom assembly. Nothing holds up. All the Kitchen Aid, Kenmore, Whirlpool, Maytag all use the same parts, wouldn't of mattered what I bought. Bosch is different though, they do their own thing. My dishwasher doesn't dry worth a crap either. I'm glad this came up, I feel better getting to vent! Oh, and I paid like $1,200 for mine, what a rip off.

Always had Miele, never had a problem.

#770 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Always had Miele, never had a problem.

Quoted for truth!

#771 6 years ago

My cheap ass Norg dryer gave up the ghost after about 10 years. I thought would be nice to my wife and buy a top of the line Washer and dryer. I paid $1000 each plus $800 for the warranty from Conns as I have bought from them in the past and they have been pretty good to deal with. Talk about a steaming pile of crap these things are OMG. The washer doesn't get the clothes clean because there is no agitator and it never spins all the water out and God forbid you put a blanket in the thing. The dryer takes forever to dry and both of them have to sing a freaking song all day long till you turn the power off. The washer rattles and shakes like it is going to blow up and what looked like stainless around the top is vinyl coated metal and the vinyl is coming off and of course that is not under warranty. I have bitched and screamed at these people and they don't give a rats ass because they have their money already. I told them I would never set foot in their store again and they don't care either. The next time I need a appliance I will buy the cheapest I can find because the Supposed good stuff doesn't last till the box is at the dump.

#772 6 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Bosch dishwashers are different, they don’t have internal heaters to dry dishes, which is one reason they are so dependable and more energy efficient. Plus, They are made in Canada and are super quiet. You can’t open the dishwasher when the load is done or they will be wet. We run ours overnight, they are dry in the morning. Have ours about 8 years after dealing with crap from whirlpool. Love the Bosch.

#773 6 years ago

Can you guys just start a new "dishwasher only" thread?

#774 6 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

Ive used my dishwasher to clean pinball parts a number of times. That's kind of relevant.

#775 6 years ago

Well after Stern wasn't put out of business after the now epic "Unveiling of 2017" this thread is no longer holy

Quoted from cooked71:

Ive used my dishwasher to clean pinball parts a number of times. That's kind of relevant.

Melted my TZ Subway that way but I SWEAR the heat wasn't on. Sure it was after all those beers but I 'm pretty sure maybe.
And see, if this goddamn thread existed then I would have bought a Bosch and never had that problem again!

#776 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well after Stern wasn't put out of business after the now epic "Unveiling of 2017" this thread is no longer holy

This thread was never holy, its always been as ridiculous as the title
entertaining though, I'll give it that.

#777 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Bosch dishwashers are different, they don’t have internal heaters to dry dishes, which is one reason they are so dependable and more energy efficient. Plus, They are made in Canada and are super quiet. You can’t open the dishwasher when the load is done or they will be wet. We run ours overnight, they are dry in the morning. Have ours about 8 years after dealing with crap from whirlpool. Love the Bosch.

Still have the basic Whirlpool builder's model (that probably cost them $150.00) when my house was built 23 years ago. After a year of loud noise when in use, I pulled it out and wrapped the exterior with cork from Home Despot. While not as quiet as a Bosch or Fisher-Paykel, It still runs great. Had to clean out the vent system in the door about three years ago as it was starting to leak water due to slow draining.

I've wanted a Bosch for many years but figured why spend the money.

#778 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I have to say, I posted a Bosch dishwasher review a couple of days ago and was shocked to see it get through publishing on their site.
It's an honest review, but negative. I give them a lot of credit. That goes a long way. I expect them to contact me.

Same issue with our two Miele washers.

My wife now runs them at night and empties them in the morning.

#779 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What about those a**holes from Dutch Pinball calling Stern dead three years ago?

#780 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

What about those assholes from Dutch Pinball calling Stern dead three years ago?

Uff luckily I had forgot aboot them dudes.

#781 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

This is correct. They depend on the hot water heating up the metal insert around the tub during the rinse cycle to heat the metal, then the latent warm metal is meant to dry the dishes over a period of time. Leaving it overnight is a good idea. Checking your household hot water temp. and turning it up a notch if possible will also help. Of course, drying by evaporation will take longer/forever or shorter depending on your local climate and humidity as well.

We got our fairly basic white fronted model on a pre-xmas sale for <$400 cdn. It has exactly the same components, etc. as the high end models, just not as fancy looking, and minus a couple of wash modes we'd never use anyway. Also has slightly less sound insulation as the higher end models, but it's quiet enough and anyone could add more if they were so inclined.

Been a solid unit thus far, if you remember to clean out the debris trap once in awhile.

Edit: oh, and I used it to wash the wiring harness for my IJ once and it worked great.

#782 6 years ago

Who's gonna be the 1st thread eject (possibly in history) for relentlessly dishwasher posting?
Ours came with the house. It's not really "saving energy" if I have to add mine. Dries as great as my goddamn car wash...

#783 6 years ago

And to think I got ejected from this thread for discussing burritos.

And I have the best dishwasher of all. My own two hands.

#784 6 years ago

Quoted from TheLaw:

Melted my TZ Subway that way but I SWEAR the heat wasn't on. Sure it was after all those beers but I 'm pretty sure maybe.
And see, if this goddamn thread existed then I would have bought a Bosch and never had that problem again!

#785 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Same issue with our two Miele washers.
My wife now runs them at night and empties them in the morning.

Yeah, it seems the Bosch hot water system is pretty good with regular dishware just not plastics. If you ever buy another look for direct drive and of course full stainless steel tub.

#786 6 years ago

The fact that you dudes even know what brand you have is a bit weird

Who gives a shit about a dishwasher! Wtf

How about underwear? Tried Stance brand, will never wear anything else again. Awesome feel!

#787 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How about underwear? Tried Stance brand, will never wear anything else again. Awesome feel!

The best feeling is to go nintendo, oh I love it.

#788 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Do you mean commando?

#789 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How about underwear?

Underwear? What is this the 80s?

#790 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That's good too. I'll do that after a workout at the gym

#791 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Ok, shark jumped.

#792 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Do you mean commando?

Yeah, a girl I use to know called it nintendo once and it still makes smile, she made me smile

#793 6 years ago

A motor burning is not a pleasant olfactory experience

#794 6 years ago

A Dark Night for Doing the Dishes

#795 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The fact that you dudes even know what brand you have is a bit weird
Who gives a shit about a dishwasher! Wtf

I know what I have because I spent a lot of time researching before purchasing. Couldn't give you the model # though, but could have up to almost a year after.

#796 6 years ago

My dishwasher is currently running, lets talk detergent.

#797 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And to think I got ejected from this thread for discussing burritos.
And I have the best dishwasher of all. My own two hands.

Reminds me of an old joke. What does o-din do when his dishwasher quits working? Feeds him a burrito!

Another vote for Bosch here, BTW. It may not be as affordable as o-din, but it's quieter after a few drinks.

#799 6 years ago

I guess we have run out of things to complain about and now dishwashers and underwear are more interesting.

#800 6 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I guess we have run out of things to complain about and now dishwashers and underwear are more interesting.

Well, it is Friday night.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

6,495 (Firm)
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,022 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 41.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-dark-night-for-stern/page/16?hl=timewellspent and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.