7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobnatlanta.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Installed new batteries, but memory is not holding when the game is powered off. Old batteries were lightly corroded, and I cleaned the contacts in the battery holder with vinegar. Game then booted and everything works fine, with a couple of exceptions. Unless you guys have a better idea, I think a new, remote battery holder is in order, and that should correct this problem.

I have one wonky switch, the roulette switch right up next to the diverter, #48. Not working in game play or in switch test. Pulled the ramp and switch, and once I got my hands on it, it worked just fine. Bent the actuator and tested it again - working - replaced everything and started a game. Works fine. Played a couple more games, tested the switch with a ball a dozen times, and it worked fine. Went on to address some other issues, and the next time I played a test ball, the switch quit again. OK, time to replace the switch. My replacement switch doesn't have a diode, and I cannot find the spec in the manual. So, what kind of diode and, just to be sure, what is it's orientation?

Thanks!!
Bob

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 15.00
Electronics
Mod Magic!

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
$ 20.00
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobnatlanta.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-couple-of-riverboat-gambler-tech-problemsquestions?tu=bobnatlanta and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.