• Latest reply 4 years ago by Gcoco35
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190613_204237 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

I am having a couple of issues with rescue 911. One is the helicopter is spinning slow and not reaching the ball in time. The other is the left saucer where the ball stops for he helicopter. It works during 912 modes and reads the ball then lifts for the chopper. But here is a moment in the game where the same saucer seems to lock a ball. But it sits in the saucer while another ball is shot to the plunger. If I shoot another ball in the same saucer lane they both sit there until the balls are searched for. I am not sure what it should do here. Any ideas?

#2 6 years ago

Download The Pinball Arcade for Android or iPhone. R911 is in there as well, you can play it for free until the first high score.

This gives you a nice idea on how the game should behave normally.

#3 6 years ago

Sounds like you need to replace the rubber wheel on the helicopter drive arm. That wheel gets flat spots and starts to slow down the motion. Pinball Resource sells those.
On certain multiball modes, a ball can be locker in the helicopter lane. I believe there is an opro in there. The opto may be flaking out. I'd reflow solder on the optos or replace If that doesn't work.

#4 6 years ago

I've already replaced the rubber wheel. So not sure why it's turning slow still. I'll check that opto. Weird thing is when the ball goes in there it registers a lock too but doesn't do anything else with it. Not sure what it should do there since it works properly on 911 modes and lifts the ball.

#5 6 years ago

Is the kick out solenoid working properly? The ball can be lifted or ejected if the helicopter isn't lit.

#6 6 years ago

There is a yellow rubber coupling under the playfield that connects the helicopter to the motor, this has teeth on the inside that wear over time. Also check that the wiring harness is not too stiff that connects the helicopter electronics to the machine, if it has gotten too stiff, it will cause extra friction on the friction wheel and it will wear prematurely and slow it down. If it's too stiff, you will need to re-wire it, take care to find really flexible wire that has the correct gauge (thicker for ball hold solenoid, thinner for blade spinner).
For the ball stuck problem, yah check that the kickout solenoid is working.

#7 6 years ago

I had replaced that coupling as well. I will go through it and see what happens. Also to the saucer questions yes the rod lifts the ball on help modes and after going through ball search it kicks the balls out as well.

1 week later
#8 6 years ago

I have figured out the saucer issue. The ball does lock there. The issue was actually the opto on the shooter ramp. I reflowed solder on it and when I plunge the new ball the original in the saucer is triggered to be picked up by the heli.

I am still having helicopter issues. I have replaced the friction wheel and the heli rotates fine. I have replaced the cog gear under the play field as well, but the heli still seems to be having a hard time moving. It makes it to the ball now but pauses a on the way back and sometimes drops the ball early and then moves back an forth a couple of times before resting in place up top. It sounds like it has a lot of friction moving smoothly. Is there something in the build of it that could cause friction where it cant freely turn?

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

I have figured out the saucer issue. The ball does lock there. The issue was actually the opto on the shooter ramp. I reflowed solder on it and when I plunge the new ball the original in the saucer is triggered to be picked up by the heli.
I am still having helicopter issues. I have replaced the friction wheel and the heli rotates fine. I have replaced the cog gear under the play field as well, but the heli still seems to be having a hard time moving. It makes it to the ball now but pauses a on the way back and sometimes drops the ball early and then moves back an forth a couple of times before resting in place up top. It sounds like it has a lot of friction moving smoothly. Is there something in the build of it that could cause friction where it cant freely turn?

It's the blinker fluid.

I'd venture to say the actual motor is having issues and needs to be replaced. Can you pull the motor out and run it separate? Does it tend to slow down and speed up?

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

It's the blinker fluid.

ROFL!

8 months later
#11 6 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Is the kick out solenoid working properly? The ball can be lifted or ejected if the helicopter isn't lit.

I know this is an older thread, but im having exact problem. My kickup that shoots the ball up keeps firing once in a while for no reason. My chopper will not pickup the ball either. I did the test on the solenoid but seems ok. What could this be?

1 year later
#12 4 years ago

Bumping an old thread but just fixed mine. Chopper was groaning and moving slow. Took the motor out, cleaned gears with brake cleaner and a toothbrush and q tips. There is a hole on either side of the armature that has a felt type wicking material. Put a drop of 3 in 1 oil in either hole. Also put a drop on each gear bearing. So far so good. Just wanted to post in case others have issues

20190613_204237 (resized).jpg20190613_204237 (resized).jpg
9 months later
#13 4 years ago

Does anyone have any quad optic boards available?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-couple-of-rescue-912-ossues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.