Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by DnDPins
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I bought a Metallica Pro a couple of weeks ago and the wife and I are loving it. I have an interesting issue with the left orbit...every once in a while the ball gets stuck between the guide rail and the wall and I need to remove the glass to free it. Other times the ball rolls freely through??? Perhaps the ball nails the rail and causes it to bow out and the then ball gets stuck. Have any of you had that problem?

Also, I just got to crank it up (been there about 6 times before) and only two of the four modes could be selected?

Thanks,
Dave

#2 5 years ago

A friend of mine had the same issue with his left orbit right out of the box. Must be they didn't assemble the guides or rails properly. I'm pretty sure he loosened the screws holding the outside guide and adjusted or slightly bent the inside rail.

The CIU selections I have no idea what would be going on there...

#3 5 years ago

Yes, happens to a number of them ...just loosen mounting screws, move it over ever so slightly and tighten them back up and you should be good to go.

#4 5 years ago

Mine was the same way as well as the ball guide on the right side so that the ball launch a lot of time would bounce and then drop down the right orbit. I just bent the wire ball guid in with my hands just a little bit on both. Works great now.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I'm pretty sure he loosened the screws holding the outside guide and adjusted or slightly bent the inside rail.

How much of the top of playfield had to come off for that? I hate having to disassemble a new machine!

Thanks,
Dave

#6 5 years ago

there have been problems with NIB machines forever. Just because it's new doesn't mean your not going to have to fix or adjust things. all the parts involved with pinball, you know issues will come up during manufacturing.

#7 5 years ago

I had the left orbit issue as well - I just pushed a little on the left guide and it's been fine ever since.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

there have been problems with NIB machines forever. Just because it's new doesn't mean your not going to have to fix or adjust things. all the parts involved with pinball, you know issues will come up during manufacturing.

Yeah...I know. I have been lucky so far...this is my 5th NIB, had some issues with others but only mechanical issues under the playfield. Guess I have been lucky that until now I have not had to strip the top of playfield to fix the issues. No big deal...I hope their QC gets better as I have a MMR coming.

Thanks,
Dave

#9 5 years ago

You can always try that pushing in thing and see if that's enough. Otherwise, invite some pin friends over and make it a project. Sometimes it helps when you have a to take a bunch of stuff off, because some remember things when it comes to putting it back together.

Truthfully, it shouldn't be that hard. once the ramp is off, should be a piece of cake. Ramps are usually just 2 or 3 screws on posts around the top somewhere, and 2 in the playfield where the flap is. Don't know if this is 100% since I don't own a metallica and never took the ramp off before, but that's the way it usually goes for B/W and DE stuff.

#10 5 years ago

Same case on mine. There are no switches or anything difficult to deal with to remove the ramp. You don't even have to remove the entrance part of the ramp, just the habitrail. Remove one plastic, and you'll have access to the screws that hold the ball guide. Loosen the screws, the press the ball guide over a bit while re-tightening the screws.

#11 5 years ago

Thanks Herg and CaptainNemo! I will tackle this over the weekend when I replace the display...I had a bad dot and got a warranty replacement.

~Dave

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bay Village, OH

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside