10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by shirkle
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shirkle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I was playing Black Hole tonight and noticed a couple issues. The game is pretty bulletproof at this point between doing the ground mods, new connectors, and even a couple new boards.

Here are the oddities I noticed:

1. Ball hits the glass right off of the flipper. Do Gottlieb flippers need a certain type/size of rubber? Or, is my machine too steep?

2. Really fast shots to the cellar don't register. I can predict which shots won't register...it's only the ones that are fast clean shots. Is there a way to mod that switch to register those short contacts, or is this just a manual adjustment? Slower shots have no problem at all. When it doesn't register, it's an instant drain on the bottom playfield.

3. On the main playfield, the capture ball hole always takes two attempts to kick it out. Not sure why.

That's about it. Only #2 affects gameplay....and it's really frustrating when it does.

#5 10 years ago

Thanks for the replies.
I'll try cleaning the switch, though I have done that a few times already. If it doesn't help, I'll put in a new one. Out of curiosity, what kind of capacitor would I put across that switch to make the signal slower?

I'll try some narrower flipper rubber and see if that helps. That glass smack sound is awful!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Bellefonte, PA
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shirkle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-couple-black-hole-questionsissues?tu=shirkle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.