1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 128 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by rotordave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 42 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D0E3D952-7373-416F-B24D-869A49C1E043 (resized).jpeg
    DSCN5965 (resized).JPG
    A3AF4A2F-6CEC-4231-902E-7DAF7171359D (resized).jpeg
    F3576B60-73B3-4ED6-B949-BC2E0D4B6DA6 (resized).jpeg
    0B54179F-B613-40D0-9D6C-FEEA0947ED2D (resized).jpeg
    6CEBF2A8-C84A-41F5-9FDC-D46FEEA1C053 (resized).jpeg
    A58D23F2-A46C-48CF-B914-DBC54D103AD2 (resized).jpeg
    DSCN5892 (resized).JPG
    FDA9D82C-8E0C-4313-BAA3-5944691A03F1 (resized).jpeg
    AA1E1E87-FA18-4B36-B9A0-6AF5010D7661 (resized).jpeg
    EA7B0D5A-CB94-4E4E-B878-E3256A427168 (resized).jpeg
    5C6C04E7-700F-4A10-84D5-856F8297B53D (resized).jpeg
    DSCN5808 (resized).JPG
    DSCN5807 (resized).JPG
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    DSCN5804 (resized).JPG

There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 1 year ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

As someone said previously, humans evolved big brains and intelligence because of a diet high in animal protein and fat. It's pretty obvious when you look at nature, the carnivores on average are far more intelligent than the herbivores. If humans move to a vegan diet, it would be interesting to see if over many many years we started losing intelligence as a species.

Enjoy!

bacon (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago

A carnivore doesn't cook meals

#3 1 year ago

I take this as a natural progression from the Apu thread, as in "Why do Vegans think they deserve their own thread, when if carnivores had THEIR own thread, the media would get upset?!" or somesuch?

Either way, cute! Let's see more pictures of meat!

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I take this as a natural progression from the Apu thread, as in "Why do Vegans think they deserve their own thread, when if carnivores had THEIR own thread, the media would get upset?!" or somesuch?

It was either this or start a thread about pinsiders not being the only ones whose wives have their balls in a vice after reading about Gisele giving Tom Brady "permission" to play two more years. lol.

This should be a meatier thread than that anyway.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It was either this or start a thread about pinsiders not being the only ones whose wives have their balls in a vice after reading about Gisele giving Tom Brady "permission" to play two more years. lol.
    This should be a meatier thread than that anyway.

This Tom Brady thing will end in embarrassment. I predict next season is the one where he looks mortal, just like every other 41-year old QB to ever play the game.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Let's see more pictures of meat!

Be careful what you ask for.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Be careful what you ask for.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This Tom Brady thing will end in embarrassment. I predict next season is the one where he looks mortal, just like every other 41-year old QB to ever play the game.

As if this isn't embarrassing enough as it is.

Some men must be so whipped, they don't even realize when a public statement makes them look like a fool.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tom-brady-says-he-negotiated-with-his-wife-to-play-at-least-two-more-years/

#9 1 year ago

Trust old mate ODIN to start this thread.

I’m mostly salads and chicken these days ... but every week we have a steak night. I get the meat from the company that supplies Auckland best restaurants with their meats. Fiona is such a good cook, we rarely eat out any more.

Here’s a rib from a few weeks back. It looked so spectacular, I took a picture and sent it to my buddy who was having beans for dinner.

rd

6B4D7D2C-50B2-4A6B-AEF2-10EF38723C52 (resized).jpeg

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

As if this isn't embarrassing enough as it is.
    Some men must be so whipped, they don't even realize when a public statement makes them look like a fool.
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tom-brady-says-he-negotiated-with-his-wife-to-play-at-least-two-more-years/

Real talk-

You think Tom Brady really gives a shit? He's rich and banging a supermodel.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If humans move to a vegan diet, it would be interesting to see if over many many years we started losing intelligence as a species.

Television is already taking care of that!

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You think Tom Brady really gives a shit? He's rich and banging a supermodel.

Lesson to be learned-
    "Don't argue with your wife, dicker!"

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I've upvoted Levi twice in the last two days. What's wrong with me?!!!

#14 1 year ago

Best beef I ever had was... in Japan. T-bone steak cooked to the perfection. Japanese don't eat meat very often, and it's horribly expensive... but can be worth it.

Best lamb chops I ever had were in New Orleans. Can't remember the name of the restaurant though!

Best pork: Alsace, with Choucroute

Best chicken: tie between in a gourmet restaurant in Bordeaux, chicken breast cooked at low temperature, and a marinated safran chicken bones BBQ, persian style

Best duck: too many to count

#15 1 year ago

NY strip steak with mushroom cream gravy and pork chop with Yukon gold potatoes, lightly salted and Kerrygold butter.

LTG : )

DSC00527 (resized).JPG
    DSC00528 (resized).JPG

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

NY strip steak with mushroom cream gravy and pork chop with Yukon gold potatoes, lightly slated and Kerrygold butter.

Just doesn’t belong on a paper plate Lloyd!!!

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If humans move to a vegan diet, it would be interesting to see if over many many years we started losing intelligence as a species.

I'd say look no further than the hipster-doofus generation that is up an coming and it could already be happening. I know they are not all bad but they sure are. . . . different.

I used to think I was just a normal, average guy. The more I interact with dumb people I think I am the abnormal one.

I like a good steak now and again -- I go for the filet. Most of the meat consumed is from cows on the family farm -- there really is a difference.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

I'd say look no further than the hipster-doofus generation that is up an coming and it could already be happening. I know they are not all bad but they sure are. . . . different.

Or those the ones that make their vegan foods look like hamburgers and hot dogs?

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Or those the ones that make their vegan foods look like hamburgers and hot dogs?

Probably. I always wondered that about flavored chips. If you want something that tastes like a dill pickle or biscuits and gravy, why not just eat a dill pickle or biscuits and gravy?

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

Just doesn’t belong on a paper plate Lloyd!!!

I agree.

Unfortunately cooking all of this at work does present limitations. And my Lenox Autumn pattern china is in storage. Best thing I have here is my Corelle Spaghetti'Os dish. Which I save for special occasions.

DSC00532 (resized).JPG

#21 1 year ago

For sure there is no way I'm going to waste 5 - 8 hours or more trying to make tofu taste like pork shoulder on my new Traeger smoker.

maxresdefault (resized).jpg

#22 1 year ago

I've found a mixture of ground chuck and round steak makes an excellent veggie patty substitute!

#23 1 year ago

And on the pro side, if you got 3hrs to kill...(or listen to it at 1.5x)

#24 1 year ago

Tri tip from the other night

IMG_2562 (resized).JPG

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

I'd say look no further than the hipster-doofus generation that is up an coming and it could already be happening.

F8742843-688D-4AEB-9DB3-B1F2375C6832 (resized).jpeg

#26 1 year ago

7F31FA52-C3B1-4345-8D9A-C974FAD35B05 (resized).jpeg

#27 1 year ago
    Quoted from Philk:

A carnivore doesn't cook meals

Eat it as rare as you like. But I've found it good practice to add at least some heat.

#28 1 year ago

My dad used to cook a mean steak on the grill. If that's all I had to eat for the rest of my life I would be OK with that.

#29 1 year ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

My dad used to cook a mean steak on the grill. If that's all I had to eat for the rest of my life I would be OK with that.

Same with my dad. And since when I was little, the steak was about all I'd eat at those meals, I always claimed dibs on the "juice plate", which was the one he would use to remove all the steaks from the grill.

A couple slices of Wonder bread to sop up those juices, and I was in heaven.

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Same with my dad. And since when I was little, the steak was about all I'd eat at those meals, I always claimed dibs on the "juice plate", which was the one he would use to remove all the steaks from the grill.
    A couple slices of Wonder bread to sop up those juices, and I was in heaven.

Good to see that I was not the only one who would do something like that. I did not have to claim dibs. No one else in my family wanted that, so I had it all to myself. Now I am in the mood for Wonder bread and steak juice. LOL.

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

No one else in my family wanted that, so I had it all to myself.

It was kind of the same way at our house, but I always felt the need to steak my claim just in case, if you know what I mean.

I still use a slice of bread to sop up the juices, but have moved onto slightly better bread.

#32 1 year ago

My Mom knew I liked it so much that even if she cooked steaks in a frying pan, she would put a couple of slices of bread on a plate, and pour the juices over it as if she were making pancakes with maple syrup.

#33 1 year ago

There are plenty of good restaurants in the area to get your carnivore fix without too much filler.

One that does it up right that I haven't been to in a while but really need to get back to is Burrell's BBQ in Santa Ana.

http://www.burrellsbbq.com/

burrells-bbq (resized).jpg

#34 1 year ago

That looks really good!!! If I was set up with a quadrate bone I could take that sandwhich without utensils.

#35 1 year ago

Thinking back to the 60s when my dad used to grill up those steaks, I remember he had a deep freezer in the garage along with a fridge where he kept a keg of beer. He was always money conscious and would buy things in bulk to save a few bucks.

So he didn't just go to the market and buy steaks for the BBQ, he would buy a whole side of beef which he would have cut up and packaged and then store in that deep freezer. The steaks and burgers always seemed tasty and very fresh.

side_of_beef_ribs_flatback_75r295s_66__96620_grande (resized).jpeg

#36 1 year ago

Looks like this healthy eating and other lifestyle choices have been paying off.

When I went to my annual dermatologist appointment last week (he is the only Dr. I go to because of a small melanoma incident five years ago), they told me I have the blood pressure of a teenager and could find no more dangerous spots.

Apparently 114 over 72 is very good for anybody let alone someone in their mid 50s. So I asked "should I continue smoking, drinking, and eating red meat?" They said "of course you should, but try to wear a hat when you're mowing the lawn".

We'll see about that "hat" thing.

#37 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I agree.
    Unfortunately cooking all of this at work does present limitations. And my Lenox Autumn pattern china is in storage. Best thing I have here is my Corelle Spaghetti'Os dish. Which I save for special occasions.

Forget the mug at expo, I want that bowl!

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

Forget the mug at expo, I want that bowl!

No way. I had to eat too many cans of Spaghetti'Os to get the labels to mail in to get it.

#39 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I had to eat too many cans of Spaghetti'Os to get the labels to mail in to get it.

I wouldn't eat the stuff, but always saved the labels off the Green Giant frozen vegetables my mom made so I could send in and get that near free kite.

It was way better and flew much higher than those paper ones.

cd51c702755bcdcb61bb86dfebdc1321--kites-newspaper (1) (resized).jpg

#40 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

No way. I had to eat too many cans of Spaghetti'Os to get the labels to mail in to get it.

I'm gonna have to troll fleabay...

#42 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

So he didn't just go to the market and buy steaks for the BBQ, he would buy a whole side of beef which he would have cut up and packaged and then store in that deep freezer. The steaks and burgers always seemed tasty and very fresh.

We do just that. Even take it a bit further and raise our own. This way you know what you are eating -- no excessive drugs, artificial hormones, etc. There are a few folks in the family that have sensitivity issues with meat purchased at the supermarket but have no problems with the farm raised cow. Makes you think a little. . . I can definitely notice an improved taste as well. Same with the chicken eggs. Much better fresh.

#43 1 year ago

Are your kids "range free" too?

#44 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Are your kids "range free" too?

Kids? Mentally I am still too much of an adolescent to have kids. I suppose I am too selfish too. . . too many things I want to spend my time doing.

Closest things we have to kids are dogs (but they are still dogs, not children), and they go for walks on leashes.

#45 1 year ago

Sounds like you are the "range free" one.

#46 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Sounds like you are the "range free" one.

Usually.
    Every now and again the Mrs. gets out the leash for me if I misbehave.

That does not exactly sound right, does it??

#47 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

When I went to my annual dermatologist appointment last week (he is the only Dr. I go to because of a small melanoma incident five years ago), they told me I have the blood pressure of a teenager and could find no more dangerous spots.

Sure, sure, but how’s your acne working out?

#48 1 year ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Sure, sure, but how’s your acne working out?

The clearasil crap don't work.

I have been advised if I use vegetable oil instead of lard in my deep fryer, my acne may go away by the time I'm 65.

#49 1 year ago

This past weekends creation. I eat my fair share of vegetables but could never go vegetarian.

IMG_1141 (resized).JPG

#50 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

The clearasil crap don't work. I have been advised if I use vegetable oil instead of lard in my deep fryer, my acne may go away by the time I'm 65.

Time to step up your exfoliation game. I hear this stuff works wonders.

Steel (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 52.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 244.99
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 229.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 1,000.00
    $ 25.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 7.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 58.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Deadpool Premium Out of stock
    Flip N Out Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside