(Topic ID: 129747)

A capacitor, diode, and resistor walk into a bar...

By NicoVolta

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Top Score - Bonus Delay Relay Unit.pdf (PDF preview)
image-104.jpg
image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Found this in the guts of my Snow Derby. I don't have a schematic so I'm not sure what it is supposed to do. I also have one in my Top Score and Buccaneer also has it. Must have become standard issue for some Gottlieb EM's after 1970... (though my '71 Playball didn't).

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 8 years ago

It basically serves as a delay/hesitation on a scoring feature on games it is installed on. For Top Score I believe it is part of the random score value for the yellow kick out hole.

I'm not familiar with snow derby so don't know if it has a delay function.

#3 8 years ago

I don't see this documented anywhere online. I'll compare it with the one in Top Score to see if it is any different. Would be good to document this here in case someone else needs to rebuild one.

#4 8 years ago

I wish there was actually a punchline. I was all set to copy/paste this into my Facebook.

#5 8 years ago

A neutron goes into a bar and orders a beer.

The bartender says, "For you, no charge"

#6 8 years ago

Why did the capacitor kiss the diode ?

He couldn't resistor.

LTG : )™

#7 8 years ago

A Higgs-boson walks into a church.
The priest looks up and says, "We do not allow Higgs-bosons in our church".
The Higgs-boson replies, "without me, you can't have mass".

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

It basically serves as a delay/hesitation on a scoring feature on games it is installed on. For Top Score I believe it is part of the random score value for the yellow kick out hole.
I'm not familiar with snow derby so don't know if it has a delay function.

Yes that is a time delay module. If I remember correctly, the individual capacitor and resistpor are shown on the schematic, but not the plug/jack. There should be a female Jones connector located somewhere on the bottom relay/score motor panel that this plugs into.

It *is* needed.

#9 8 years ago

Keep the bad puns coming

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Keep the bad puns coming

When you have a wine hangover. It's called a grape depression.

LTG : )™

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

I don't see this documented anywhere online. I'll compare it with the one in Top Score to see if it is any different. Would be good to document this here in case someone else needs to rebuild one.

I put this together a little while back for reference purposes. This is drawn from a Gottlieb 'Top Score' Add bonus delay unit. I trust it will help someone else in the future.

Top Score - Bonus Delay Relay Unit.pdfTop Score - Bonus Delay Relay Unit.pdf
#12 8 years ago

The common feature is a spinner that only scores on the point it stops at. This is also on a Funland etc. This contraption keeps the spinner from scoring each dot. It only scores where it stops.

#13 8 years ago

Q: how do you keep a capacitor from charging? A: take away its credit cards. a diode goes into a bar and is approached by a guy and a girl that ask him on a date. the diode says sorry i dont go both ways.

#14 8 years ago

A cop pulls over Werner Heisenberg. He comes up to the window and says, "Sir, do you know how fast you were going?" Heisenberg replies, "No officer, but I can tell you where I am."

#15 8 years ago

Two hydrogen atoms walk into a bar.
One says, “I think I’ve lost an electron.”
The other says, “Are you sure?”
The first replies, “Yes, I’m positive…”

Bonus:

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don’t.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Two hydrogen atoms walk into a bar.
One says, “I think I’ve lost an electron.”
The other says, “Are you sure?”
The first replies, “Yes, I’m positive…”

Never trust atoms; they make up everything.

#17 8 years ago

#18 8 years ago

Have you heard that entropy isn't what it used to be?
Waaahh-waaaaaahhh

#19 8 years ago

This is the worst one I saw recently:
I asked the guy sitting next to me if he had any Sodium Hypobromite…
He said NaBrO

#20 8 years ago

Thank you all for a great Monday Wake up!

Coffee, has once again, on my screen!

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballdaveh:

a diode goes into a bar and is approached by a guy and a girl that ask him on a date. the diode says sorry i dont go both ways.

nice

2 weeks later
#22 8 years ago

Q: what do you call your 2000 pound spouse? A: darlington

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-capacitor-diode-and-resistor-walk-into-a-bar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.