(Topic ID: 337638)

A canary in the price bubble mine ?

By Mr68

10 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Seinfeld.gif
    Price bubble (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    gary (resized).png
    Screenshot 2023-05-31 at 2.06.04 PM (resized).png
    Levi.gif
    Screenshot 2023-05-31 132933 (resized).png
    blind-kid.gif
    giphy.gif
    Price bubble (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Deadlander.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 10 months ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

I am a collector, have a medium sized collection, and a giant wishlist I intend to pursue.
    I am blessed to say I have "deep pockets" in this regard, and try to treat everyone fairly.
    So...
    I had an agreement to purchase an unmodded HUO Addams for $11,500 two months ago, as part of a five game deal.
    The seller had acquired it for roughly (cant prove but believe) $9,000 and was flipping it. He then sold it out from underneath me for an unspecified amount.
    I reluctantly agreed to that price out of friendship and perceived market value.
    Feeling disgusted by the experience, I have not purchased since. [quoted image]

I've been collecting for over 25 years and have adopted this philosophy when dealing with buyers and sellers. They get the benefit of the doubt at first if they don't honor their word or we have a bad transaction I never do business with them again. So far only 3 people on this list with well over 100 transactions. Honor your commitments even when it cost you a couple hundred bucks. There are a few collectors who I don't hesitate to work with and have and will buy solely on their description of the game with no pics because we have built a good relationship. The bad apples are soon outed in this community don't let one bad experience ruin your love of the hobby. I would look at the guy selling the TAF from under you as a blessing you know if something was wrong with the machine they probably wouldn't have made it right... Cheep lesson move on..
    Oh my TAF was purchased in 1999 and has stayed in the same place in my gameroom since 2003 fantastic game no better integration of theme and call outs IMHO. New pinballers flock to it like moths to a flame even though there is no ball save yet they want more. TZ is close on Pats greatest hits and theme integration but if you want to get folks excited about pinball have a TAF in your lineup. Next to MM its the most requested game at our parties. Amazing game and no wonder it is the best selling of all time. Remake will be next to impossible due to IP and several actors are not willing to sign off on a remake so limited supply and increasing demand equals ridiculous price...
    Keep on flippin,
    Al

#16 10 months ago
    Quoted from Deadlander:

I've been collecting for over 25 years and have adopted this philosophy when dealing with buyers and sellers. They get the benefit of the doubt at first if they don't honor their word or we have a bad transaction I never do business with them again. So far only 3 people on this list with well over 100 transactions. Honor your commitments even when it cost you a couple hundred bucks. There are a few collectors who I don't hesitate to work with and have and will buy solely on their description of the game with no pics because we have built a good relationship. (PS - John from the previous post is one of them! ) The bad apples are soon outed in this community don't let one bad experience ruin your love of the hobby. I would look at the guy selling the TAF from under you as a blessing you know if something was wrong with the machine they probably wouldn't have made it right... Cheep lesson move on..
    Oh my TAF was purchased in 1999 and has stayed in the same place in my gameroom since 2003 fantastic game no better integration of theme and call outs IMHO. New pinballers flock to it like moths to a flame even though there is no ball save yet they want more. TZ is close on Pats greatest hits and theme integration but if you want to get folks excited about pinball have a TAF in your lineup. Next to MM its the most requested game at our parties. Amazing game and no wonder it is the best selling of all time. Remake will be next to impossible due to IP and several actors are not willing to sign off on a remake so limited supply and increasing demand equals ridiculous price...
    Keep on flippin,
    Al

#25 10 months ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Oh man, prices are dropping!!! Better sell my AFM for $25K while the market is still warm!!!!

You can have mine for 15k let the price wars begin!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Deadlander.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-canary-in-the-price-bubble-mine-?tu=Deadlander and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.