IMG_2193_(resized).JPG
IMG_2185_(resized).JPG
IMG_2246_(resized).JPG
IMG_2245_(resized).JPG
IMG_2247_(resized).JPG
IMG_2161_(resized).JPG
IMG_2160_(resized).JPG
IMG_2158_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinterest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I also spent a few hours yesterday driving up to Pinball Resource in Poughkeepsie to get a bunch of parts from Steve Young and pick his brain on a few things.

Seriously? You came here and didn't call me? WTF Boobie? ???

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Nothing but constructive criticism over here.

Why? ???

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I didn't know you lived up that way. Everything in New York is just ... New York. I'm jealous that you live so close to PBR...you should probably get into EMs more.

Steve has everything there electronic and em. He's always my first stop for parts.

Did he tell you "you know... ...we really don't do walk ins" or did he give you a tour?? Most important - were you prepared with part numbers on your shopping list or was your visit to PBR brief and you ended up outside and part less while asking yourself "what just happened"? (No parts for you!)

Kidding aside Steve's a wealth of knowledge and information. On the occasions I've happened to catch him in a good (talkative) mood - as one might expect from a guy listed in the pinball hall of fame - he has shared some amazing stories, history of the industry, and game development history with me. Definitely makes for some interesting conversations!

I also want to do an EM but need to finish up the slowest T2 restoration in history first (cause ya can't rush things ya know).

#63 7 years ago

Yeah, your getting better at this - good job!

1 month later
#109 7 years ago

Quick update:
You can get the rust out and buff all you want, but without a rechrome, it'll never look new. And I ain't paying for chrome on a $400 machine. Smaller parts were in the tumbler overnight, and larger parts were buffed with my new bench buffer (and I still have my fingers, thank God!).
The back panel had some significant corrosion as well, and even after sanding, there is still discoloration. I might just get a whole new panel from PBR on my next order.

Boobie - unless you are going for the "purist" approach on your $400 machine -- I'd recommend you invest in a glass bead cabinet. They are MUCH cheaper than your Festool equipment. (Speaking of which please check out this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/request-festool-ro-150-ro-90-video-of-cab-strip#post-3346010)

Anyway - why not consider glass beading all of your nasty metal parts and having 'em powder coated? Before you buy a new back door - see what glass beading or soda blasting will do for it - you will be amazed how easy it is and how nice it looks cleaned up. Power coat looks really nice and is very cheap in comparison to chrome -- just a thought. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-off-your-powder-coated-machines-here

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinterest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-boob-job-a-jacks-open-restoration-wiki?tu=pinterest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.