IMG_2193_(resized).JPG
IMG_2185_(resized).JPG
IMG_2246_(resized).JPG
IMG_2245_(resized).JPG
IMG_2247_(resized).JPG
IMG_2161_(resized).JPG
IMG_2160_(resized).JPG
IMG_2158_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nicovolta.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 7 years ago

Looking good Boobster! It's pretty cool how well that Sealcoat stuff works. After running your finger across it, it's so smooooooooth. Though beware you'll still need to Bondo any micro-cracks/splits in the wood which are easy to miss sometimes.

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That's a good idea, but I won't have that option when stenciling. You have to remove the stencils within 10 minutes of spraying, so there's no chance of a second coat.
I'll look into the Montana colors, although I don't think I can get them around by me. I might have to look into Rustoleum or just go with the Krylon.

If you use Montana rattle cans, stick with the Montana White line.

Montana Black is too matte and is like flat latex paint in terms of dirt resistance. Which is basically none.

Don't overlook Liquitex cans. They're good too. Only limitation is the lack of whites... couldn't find a close enough match for a base white.

1 week later
#87 7 years ago

No worries... VECTOR already has a space set aside for ya.

For cleaning wires I just go over them with an alcohol-soaked toothbrush. Switch contacts get swabbed with Q-tip and alcohol, polished with Dremel 443 brush, and Q-tip swab w/alcohol again as a final cleaning step.

I always remove the screws & switch stacks from relays before cleaning and polishing them. Makes it easier to inspect every solder joint and check for loose contacts. Also avoids bending switches & easier to ensure everything is polished and cleaned in there. Perhaps not technically necessary but a good peace of mind thing.

#90 7 years ago

Nope. For relays I just remove the screws so I can move the switch blades out of the ladder and get between the contacts more easily.

2 weeks later
#107 7 years ago

Looking very nice Boob... BTW regarding HSA have you decided which finish to go with? Although he offers a matte clear finish, I personally prefer the pop and reflectivity of regular gloss finish... even for EM's. Once you get a game repainted, metals polished, etc. it just looks fantastic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nicovolta.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-boob-job-a-jacks-open-restoration-wiki?tu=nicovolta and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.