(Topic ID: 117716)

A blob of solder

By billsfanmd

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

It's amazing what it can do. Added a mod to tz and needed to solder a little Under the pf. Was careful and expected no issues. Turned game on to the pleasant sound of several coils firing and our fav dong sound. Dmd scrolled through 14 switch errors clock broken and two row short messages. I looked closely for about 10 minutes hoping to find a stray wire or bent tab. Nothing. Just as I was giving up I noticed a tiny blob of solder had landed on back side of opto board shorting 3 Legs together. Problem found. Learned a lesson to double check solder drips. I'm sure others have had a little solder cause a big Prob.

#2 9 years ago

I did the same. Soldered a pop bumper then I was having major ghosting issues. Bought a lamp matrix board, tested for weeks...Couldn't fix the ghosting, then I looked down at one of the boards on the bottom and a solder blob was right their, bridging a couple points. Removed and the ghosting was gone. Now I am a lot more careful.

#3 9 years ago

I always place a small towel just inches under where I am soldering for this reason alone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 132.00
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 12.95
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.95
$ 12.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 1,059.00
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-blob-of-solder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.