Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 213 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Rusty_Frozen_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    erik-not-looking-for-1_(resized).jpg
    10455692_638257716305550_3452862393146162550_n_(resized).jpg
    10455692_638257716305550_3452862393146162550_n_(resized).jpg
    Screen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_1.04.50_PM_(resized).png
    IP_Check_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_11.18.39_AM_(resized).png
    2016-01-03-07-17-14--769155709_(resized).jpg
    Screen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_3.57.41_AM_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_3.57.41_AM_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_3.45.25_AM_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_3.45.25_AM_(resized).png
    image_(resized).jpg
    2016-01-03_02_43_21-eBay_Feedback_Profile_for_pin-protector_(resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 213 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 8 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

So wait.....this guy sells knock-off Cliffy protectors?

& knock off Mantis protectors

#102 8 years ago

Funny no-one mentioned mike from mad-amusements yet..... oopsss...

#103 8 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

I'm not defending the guy, but anyone can cut and shape protectors. Cliffy's are nice, but they are kinda expensive for what you get. Couple small pieces of metal... $50+

Sorry, just not true. Metal stretches when bent. It takes a lot of skill and specific machinery to cut a flat pattern out of metal, bend it, then have it fit accurately after bending. I wouldn't charge less than $150, not worth my time.

#104 8 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

Time for another perma ban if the evidence proves out.

IP_Check_(resized).pngIP_Check_(resized).png

#105 8 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

too late, there is no coming back from this....those responses to the buyers concerns point to an instability that would keep most people from doing business with him.

Bingo. I don't care who's right or wrong now. Those replies.. have turned me off completely. Funny, too, since, as of yesterday I NEED one of those switch protectors. Instead of saving a few $ and going with this guy, I just contacted Cliffy. I don't care. I'll PAY more for good service. Always.

#106 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jigs:

You would think he could. Seeing as how he's charging $2500.00 for one. Or is it $25?
    Looks like we are all capable of a mistake.

So if he sells it, and marks the ad as sold, does Robyn get his percentage/pinside sales fee of the $2,500 listing price? He should.

#107 8 years ago

Thanks for the heads up. Never bought from them and now I never will.

#108 8 years ago

Why wouldn't someone have just paid the asking price if it is a 'good' deal anyways? Idk... Just sounds like a lot of grief for both parties over $5 originally?

#109 8 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

The system isn't design for low IQ buyers like you!!

Best Quote of 2016 so far for me.

#110 8 years ago
    Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

I'd say OP's names says it all. This is another revenge move. I don't have my glasses on so my typing skills do suck. Bottom line is the OP in full spin mode. Don't you think mrgone now days most people's phones ping when emails come in. The buyer leave false feedback now heas got people asking about a $25 deal at 0300! That sucks. I'd go with the 200 to 1 rule. Who's the problem? You or the other 200 happy buyers? I've ordered for other here that quote don't ship the product, for some unknown reason everytime I order I get my parts ASAP. Guys bitch about Marco's shipping costs.

Who are you? Are you the seller?

#111 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Who are you? Are you the seller?

Of course, he tipped his hand when he posted screen shots of the ebay auction showing the accepted price. Only the seller would have that access the public wouldn't see it. Well here is another blocked member on Pinside and ebay, thanks for sharing.

#112 8 years ago

Thank you for posting OP. I'm sorry this happened, I can't believe the response you received from the seller. I was going to give him benefit of a doubt at first before forming an opinion, but after he tried justify knowingly overcharging the op for different reasons and insulting him, his posts seem like a walking contradiction. On one hand he wants the op to take responsibility for the mistake and not blame others and the other hand he admittedly overcharged the op and is laughing about it taking advantage of the op and his mistake and pocketing his money

#113 8 years ago

If this is exejet, well, nuf said.

Throw the bum out. Exejet brought nothing positive here. He seemed to be a very unhappy person.
    How can anyone be unhappy with
    Pinball?

#114 8 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

FYI, the eBay seller is banned pinsider exejet:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/exejet
    I can't remember specifically what got him banned, but I do know that he used to pose like a pin-up girl on his machines.

Ha! Boring Sunday. I found this in his profile pics.

Screen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_1.04.50_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_1.04.50_PM_(resized).png

#115 8 years ago

Time to rename this thread to something like, "...and why I buy from Cliffy "

#116 8 years ago

What a contrast to the level of personal attention you do get from Cliffy. New purchaser, and he treats you like an old friend. This thread demonstrates the difference between price and value.

#117 8 years ago

1. Dude tries to buy 2 items listed for $15 each. Makes an offer of $25 for them both.

2. Apparently makes a mistake and instead offers $25 for a single $15 item.

3. Contacts 2RustyBalls says "hey I meant to put two in the cart, not one, not sure what happened." It should be obvious he is telling the truth, since nobody would intentionally offer $25 for an item listed for $15. Additionally, 2RustyBalls' own screenshot shows he would have accepted the $25 offer for both. (Screenshot 2RustyBalls posted shows he accepted another $12 offer)

4. Was the mistake the buyer's fault? Technically probably, but who cares? at this point I'm pretty sure 99.9% of people in the pinball business would be like "oh yeah no worries I see what you meant to do, I'll make it right" but for whatever reason 2RustyBalls wanted to keep this guy's money, and be an unmitigated d-bag about it to boot.

Also, it is beyond hilarious that he was infuriated at recieving email at 3am. Like, I can't even imagine whining about something so completely normal and commonplace. That's what email is for.

#118 8 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Also, it is beyond hilarious that he was infuriated at recieving email at 3am. Like, I can't even imagine whining about something so completely normal and commonplace.

Yeah, it's bizarre. It's easy enough to silence your phone. I don't like any audio notifications on my phone for texts or email, even during the daytime. Only phone calls.

#119 8 years ago
    Quoted from msj2222:

Now "Rusty" seems to be selling them here, on Pinside!... https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/29232 I am sure these will sell out quick with the great customer service. Get in line please

Ha, it's Erick(sp?) He use to be execjet. Banned a long time ago. Should have known from the email. This guy is really a piece of work. There are some tales of shenanigans around pinball sales with this one.

#120 8 years ago

Thought that thread would have been locked early - would have been a pity because of the added developments, fine detective work and drama.
    Good read, thanks OP for sharing!

My favorite quote so far:

''Hey D-bag it's 2am and your emailing me!

How about "it's 2am here and you are posting on my pinside thread!"

#121 8 years ago

Keep checking back to see the developments. I'm waiting to see Kaneda throw out a $20 bet whether or not this guy is exejet or will get banned, and waiting to see if a moderator will do an IP check. Quick, someone post a picture of boobs, butts, or make some comment about the JJP wait time or Predator rip off situation so we can get a moderator over here......(j/k mods)

#122 8 years ago
    Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

... 200 with no neg and one false claim, guys wake up. OP should be a shamed!!

Someone needs a remedial spelling class (or at least a spell-checker).

#123 8 years ago

This thread would be so much funnier if rustyballs decided to post again.... Or is he ejected already?

#124 8 years ago
    Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Total refund was offer to shacklersrevenge, the guy wanted free protectors for his mistake. Come on show all the emails you sent. Pin-protector said he'd forward them later. When it's not 0300! Better be careful coming on here making stuff up. Your claims are all documented via ebay emails. shacklersrevenge better come clean. You were offered a total refund correct?? You actually TOLD the seller he needed to send you more protectors for free, when in fact you made the mistake and didn't handle it correctly. It got ugly only after your false post on ebay. So you actually started this mess by attacking the seller when they tried to help you. Bottom line is you screwed up and then wanted the seller to a bail you out. This isn't what Pinside is for. Guy makes false claims and ebay sides the correct way and then the buyer spins the truth so you guys feel bad for him, REALLY!

Rustyballs,

Here is a real simple question that will show us how you really feel/think. Do you think the OP was really trying to buy 1 protector for $10 OVER the asking price of $15?

#125 8 years ago

Here's what I don't understand. If the single item was $15 BIN, OBO, then how could Ebay's system possibly have accepted an OBO higher than the BIN price ($25)? Seems pretty obvious to me that either the seller should have sent another instead of being a complete douchenozzle, or sent back $10. Some great hobby community we've got here folks. Is it about the almighty "I'm right, anything to make a buck?" or about helping others? SMH.

#126 8 years ago

I'm sorry this happened to the OP, but glad this shitstorm exposed 2RustyBalls for the trolling douchebag he's been since I've been on Pinside. Karma's a bitch, eh?

#127 8 years ago

Hmmmm. Erik Hohler. Worked with him 15 years ago at Executive Jet Aviation. Hence the original Exejet screen name. I was brand new at the company and forced to fly with this clown. To me, a true d bag. One of the worst guys I ever flew with. Kept overspeeding the airplane due to stupidity and lack of skill. (Yes, that is a bad thing). I remember him talking about buying a pinball machine at the time and thought "I should look into that." Unfortunately, spent the next 10 years not doing that and got into it late.

Anyway, I'm on OP's side. This guy was an ass then and seems to still be.

And yes, I realize I am somewhat new here. Take it for what it's worth.

#128 8 years ago
    Quoted from John_F:

Hmmmm. Erik Hohler. Worked with him 15 years ago at Executive Jet Aviation. Hence the original Exejet screen name. I was brand new at the company and forced to fly with this clown. To me, a true d bag. One of the worst guys I ever flew with. Kept overspeeding the airplane due to stupidity and lack of skill. (Yes, that is a bad thing). I remember him talking about buying a pinball machine at the time and thought "I should look into that."

Holy shit, no kidding? My dad flew for them (ex-Eastern pilot) in the past..!

#130 8 years ago

For the record, I'm not the dbag Erik you're looking for

#131 8 years ago

Interesting read on this thread start to finish.

As I am planning on purchasing some protectors and many other items for my pins, I just created an Excel file that lists who to buy from and who to avoid like the plague. Is such a list available/allowed on Pinside?

Looks like Exejet / 2RustyBalls / Pin-protectors / Eric H. / Kickasspinball.com / and any other alias' he may create in the future are to be avoided. Type "A" (for a$$hole) personality rings clear in his replies to the OP. Looks like this guy wears out his welcome wherever he goes then creates new identities to continue his business.

OP - thanks for the heads up and warning, can't stand jerks like this.

#132 8 years ago
    Quoted from John_F:

Erik Hohler. Worked with him 15 years ago at Executive Jet Aviation.

That's the scary thing. This guy is a pilot and is responsible for people's lives. The way he conducts himself makes you question not only his ethics, but also his mental stability. For further entertainment, or if you want to frighten yourself further, go to RGP and search his other username: Jacked Up Pinball!

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!profile/rec.games.pinball/APn2wQfAlgw5T47ws02qraEV9wNW5GOUAB_WV_XQpqBJ7wt_o234fqTttd37F9GR3nQ3L_Eh_As7

Other names he's used:
    Exejet (as previously mentioned)
    EZ SLEEZE E
    Pinball Jimmy

Search them all. You'll find the same pattern of douchebaggery and trolling.

#133 8 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Hey, when are you gunna ship those protectors I ordered

#134 8 years ago

This thread is awesome ! I'm a user of many forums, and this one is the best I've had the pleasure of being on. I love the dirt that has been dug up on this clown, all over the fact he wanted to pocket $10 from a fellow hobbyist- I bet he wishes he would have just refunded it now!

I'm going to keep checking back on this one, I'm expecting an ex-wife of this guy Eric to pop up and tell us some more details LOL

#135 8 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

Yeah, it's bizarre. It's easy enough to silence your phone. I don't like any audio notifications on my phone for texts or email, even during the daytime. Only phone calls.

On any Android phone you just set your sleeping schedule and (for instance) it will not ring/ding/buzz from midnight to 8am, unless someone enters the emergency interrupt code.

You would go crazy if you left it on all night because Harbor Freight sends out the coupons each night at 3am......

#136 8 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

For the record, I'm also an Erik. And not the douchebag you are looking for.

#137 8 years ago
    Quoted from John_F:

Hmmmm. Erik Hohler. Worked with him 15 years ago at Executive Jet Aviation. Hence the original Exejet screen name. I was brand new at the company and forced to fly with this clown. To me, a true d bag. One of the worst guys I ever flew with. Kept overspeeding the airplane due to stupidity and lack of skill. (Yes, that is a bad thing). I remember him talking about buying a pinball machine at the time and thought "I should look into that." Unfortunately, spent the next 10 years not doing that and got into it late.
    Anyway, I'm on OP's side. This guy was an ass then and seems to still be.
    And yes, I realize I am somewhat new here. Take it for what it's worth.

Wow, for your first post this was my initial reaction:

#138 8 years ago

I can't say how deeply proud I am of all you guys throwing around the Dbag word.

The party I was at last night, many people mentioned douchey to describe some situations.

#139 8 years ago

Lol......That eBay seller is a classic Fucktard (I figured Douchebag was used enough). Why would anyone screw someone over $10 is beyond me. The seller made a foolish mistake that he will regret. Mr 2 Rusty balls should just be a man and own up to treating a customer poorly. The "best offer" error was an honest mistake, the seller keeping the money and acting like a D'bag was not. We all lose our cool every now and again, we are men and we can forgive, but if you want to be a Fucktard about it, we will toucher you.

#140 8 years ago

Okay, I'm a little reluctant to post this, just because it is basically over and done with, except for the fact that the seller not only wronged me, but then rubbed it in.
    I'll try to keep this short and to the point. If I steer one person away from a sale, this is a victory. The guy screwed me out of $10 bucks. Now, is $10 the end of the world? No, but it's $10 that he took advantage of, so you be the judge over who needs it more...In fact, if the $10 comes back, it can be donated to Pinside.
    I went to buy an inlane protector from ebayer ''Pin-protectors''. I needed two for my RBION, one for the kickback and one for the inlane drop. Seller had multiple quantities, so I put 2 in. He also offered ''best offer'' so I offered $25. ( a single would be $15 or best offer) I then proceeded to check out, and the seller accepted the $25 offer...
    In the mail came one protector. I was a little puzzled, but no big deal to me, just email the seller and explain the confusion. I must have pressed back to check shipping charges and it defaulted back to one? I'm honestly not sure. All I do know is, a mistake was made in the checkout process. Ebay wanted me to send the product back for a refund. I just wanted the difference refunded or the product- I expected NOTHING for free, just fair.
    I felt that the conversation getting heated prematurely, and by sending it back he could just claim it wasn't received or damaged or whatever.
    Is this a seller you want to give business to?
    And for the record, I'm okay with him putting up the e-mail exchanges between us. I didn't feel the need to exchange blows to his level.
    ''Hey D-bag it's 2am and your emailing me! Fuck spelling! Go run for RGP and pinside! No one cares! The feedback is proof! You're the only one in over 200 sales! Idiot! Go cry on pinside!!! CRY!!! Be sure to them them you couldn't enter the correct numbers!! Get the whole story out there! I'll make sure all your emails are post to show both sides!! I should pay for YOUR dumb ass mistake! It's on you jack ass! I've got enough buyers that will come in and blast you for being a dumb ass cry baby!! Make sure you suck your thumb when you post!! CRY!!! thanks for the extra $10 jack ass!! Make sure you tell them my parts are on Marco! Don't buy from them too!! Your the kind of buyer NO one wants!! If you would have said hey "I screwed up can you send me a protector and I'll pick up shipping?". I would have. That's not what you did. You blamed us for your mistake! It's on you and ebay agree's! The system isn't design for low IQ buyers like you!! Sorry life lesson again for the dumb ass buyer!! Go cry!! That $10 must have really hurt ya!!! LOL! BUM!''
    1) He spelled ''your'' wrong, after saying ''your an idiot'' and I called him out on it.
    2) Ebay didn't agree with the seller. They instantly said ''send it back and you'll get a full refund'' I chose not to, because of the risk and process. I didn't need to be out even more money.
    3) It was a first for me too, in over 200 ebay transactions.
    4) He remained steadfast the whole time that it was my fault. Used a lot of exclamation points and strong tone..(lol)
    5) I did in fact try a simpler resolution approach, I sent him this message below weeks before, when he started to get defensive. He kept insisting it was my mistake, to contact ebay about it and also said ''not my problem, deal with it''
    Here it is:
    ''Look, here is how this could have been handled better. You simply refund the difference. You claim to say ''it could have been quantity 10'', so that's you not believing in my honesty. You keep saying it's my mistake- Okay, so refund the difference and we move on. YOU'RE the seller, I am the customer, and you are the one that has these marked with a ''best offer'' why do that then? Further more, you knew of the mistake and took advantage of it? By knowing you have them listed for $15 and accepting a $25 offer? Is that safe to assume? Truth of the matter is, I had click quantity two, but must have pressed back to check shipping charges. Things like this happen. This is simple really, and not worth getting all twisted out of shape on either end. Just refund the $10 difference. Nothing gets sent back, I keep the protector, and we treat this as a single transaction. The quality of the product is great, so good feedback can be left, we move on. I think it's more of a misunderstood sale than anything else. Lmk Thanks, Jim''
    The bottom of the story is, he knew I overbid for one. Nobody would offer $10 more than his asking price for an item. It was a mistake, he acknowledged it as such, but said it was ''my problem, deal with it''
    If it was reversed, I know what I would have done, I don't roll like that.
    I guess the morale of the story is, buy from Cliffy.

FYI, next time your offer would be $12.50 ea at a Qty of 2 !!!

#141 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I can't say how deeply proud I am of all you guys throwing around the Dbag word.
    The party I was at last night, many people mentioned douchey to describe some situations.

You were a douchebag before there ever WERE any douchebags. It's good to be king.

#142 8 years ago

NPO,

I will admit that it is a harsh first post. It's not my goal in life to trash talk anyone. It's just that I have known this guy from a setting that few here will ever know. I remember how he behaved and even how he talked to his wife. Yes, I met her. It was my first experience at a new job and afterward I was questioning my decision to work there. My post probably was not necessary but as this shakes out, I think everyone will be better off knowing who to deal/not deal with.

#143 8 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

For the record, I'm also an Erik. And not the douchebag you are looking for.

erik-not-looking-for-1_(resized).jpgerik-not-looking-for-1_(resized).jpg

#144 8 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

erik-not-looking-for-1_(resized).jpg

SOMEBODY is bored today!

Funny as shit, but you're killing me with the punctuation.

#145 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

SOMEBODY is bored today!

we have guests...

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Funny as shit, but you're killing me with the punctuation.

oops... fixed

#146 8 years ago
    Quoted from wxforecaster:

Here's what I don't understand. If the single item was $15 BIN, OBO, then how could Ebay's system possibly have accepted an OBO higher than the BIN price ($25)? Seems pretty obvious to me that either the seller should have sent another instead of being a complete douchenozzle, or sent back $10. Some great hobby community we've got here folks. Is it about the almighty "I'm right, anything to make a buck?" or about helping others? SMH.

Usually with best offer you could offer higher than the buy it now and ask for free shipping in the conditions. Items $50 buy it now with $30 shipping you offer $55 with free shipping. That's usually the only instance I've seen where someone would offer more.

I can't believe anyone could act that way to a buyer on any site especially eBay. It sounds like the seller has some deep issues. Also isn't against Pinside rules to make a 2nd account? In any case $10 probably just cost him hundreds.

#147 8 years ago

It is absolutely against Pinside rules to have a duplicate account. I see something coming......

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#148 8 years ago
    Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

I ordered 20 of them off ebay and they work great with no issues. I asked the seller what happened and he told me you made an offer and after the sale claimed it was for more protectors than you paid for. So how he the bad guy? You claimed the offer was for more than one? Told to return the items for a full refund and didn't? Seller offered you a full refund! Guy's he's the 1% of buyers that no one wants to deal with. So to sum up the story here, the buyer made a mistake on his offer, blames paypal, ebay and the seller for his mistake and then is told to return the items for a full refund but doesn't. Runs to Pinside to spin his story and omit the emails that tell the whole story. Ebay is removing the false claim from the buyer, not the seller. Guys realize the OP is playing you guys and using Pinside in the worst way. 200 with no neg and one false claim, guys wake up. OP should be a shamed!!

Am I reading this right? He bought 20 off himself and they work great?

#149 8 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

Am I reading this right? He bought 20 off himself and they work great?

They work so great that he is offering them up for sale on pinside for $11 a piece. Just check his Fs threads.

Bargain...

#150 8 years ago
    Quoted from John_F:

NPO,
    I will admit that it is a harsh first post. It's not my goal in life to trash talk anyone. It's just that I have known this guy from a setting that few here will ever know. I remember how he behaved and even how he talked to his wife. Yes, I met her. It was my first experience at a new job and afterward I was questioning my decision to work there. My post probably was not necessary but as this shakes out, I think everyone will be better off knowing who to deal/not deal with.

Just to be clear, I 100% agree with you posting it, and I do believe it is for the betterment of our community as a whole.

It was just like "Wow, damn, that's a bomb that he just dropped...!" when I first read it. I am totally supportive of you doing it and your reasoning as to why .

There are 213 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-bad-seller-on-ebay-pin-protectors/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.