Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 213 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Rusty_Frozen_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    erik-not-looking-for-1_(resized).jpg
    10455692_638257716305550_3452862393146162550_n_(resized).jpg
    10455692_638257716305550_3452862393146162550_n_(resized).jpg
    Screen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_1.04.50_PM_(resized).png
    IP_Check_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_11.18.39_AM_(resized).png
    2016-01-03-07-17-14--769155709_(resized).jpg
    Screen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_3.57.41_AM_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_3.45.25_AM_(resized).png
    image_(resized).jpg
    2016-01-03_02_43_21-eBay_Feedback_Profile_for_pin-protector_(resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 213 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 8 years ago

Okay, I'm a little reluctant to post this, just because it is basically over and done with, except for the fact that the seller not only wronged me, but then rubbed it in.

I'll try to keep this short and to the point. If I steer one person away from a sale, this is a victory. The guy screwed me out of $10 bucks. Now, is $10 the end of the world? No, but it's $10 that he took advantage of, so you be the judge over who needs it more...In fact, if the $10 comes back, it can be donated to Pinside.

I went to buy an inlane protector from ebayer ''Pin-protectors''. I needed two for my RBION, one for the kickback and one for the inlane drop. Seller had multiple quantities, so I put 2 in. He also offered ''best offer'' so I offered $25. ( a single would be $15 or best offer) I then proceeded to check out, and the seller accepted the $25 offer...

In the mail came one protector. I was a little puzzled, but no big deal to me, just email the seller and explain the confusion. I must have pressed back to check shipping charges and it defaulted back to one? I'm honestly not sure. All I do know is, a mistake was made in the checkout process. Ebay wanted me to send the product back for a refund. I just wanted the difference refunded or the product- I expected NOTHING for free, just fair.
    I felt that the conversation getting heated prematurely, and by sending it back he could just claim it wasn't received or damaged or whatever.

Is this a seller you want to give business to?

And for the record, I'm okay with him putting up the e-mail exchanges between us. I didn't feel the need to exchange blows to his level.

''Hey D-bag it's 2am and your emailing me! Fuck spelling! Go run for RGP and pinside! No one cares! The feedback is proof! You're the only one in over 200 sales! Idiot! Go cry on pinside!!! CRY!!! Be sure to them them you couldn't enter the correct numbers!! Get the whole story out there! I'll make sure all your emails are post to show both sides!! I should pay for YOUR dumb ass mistake! It's on you jack ass! I've got enough buyers that will come in and blast you for being a dumb ass cry baby!! Make sure you suck your thumb when you post!! CRY!!! thanks for the extra $10 jack ass!! Make sure you tell them my parts are on Marco! Don't buy from them too!! Your the kind of buyer NO one wants!! If you would have said hey "I screwed up can you send me a protector and I'll pick up shipping?". I would have. That's not what you did. You blamed us for your mistake! It's on you and ebay agree's! The system isn't design for low IQ buyers like you!! Sorry life lesson again for the dumb ass buyer!! Go cry!! That $10 must have really hurt ya!!! LOL! BUM!''

1) He spelled ''your'' wrong, after saying ''your an idiot'' and I called him out on it.

2) Ebay didn't agree with the seller. They instantly said ''send it back and you'll get a full refund'' I chose not to, because of the risk and process. I didn't need to be out even more money.

3) It was a first for me too, in over 200 ebay transactions.

4) He remained steadfast the whole time that it was my fault. Used a lot of exclamation points and strong tone..(lol)

5) I did in fact try a simpler resolution approach, I sent him this message below weeks before, when he started to get defensive. He kept insisting it was my mistake, to contact ebay about it and also said ''not my problem, deal with it''

Here it is:

''Look, here is how this could have been handled better. You simply refund the difference. You claim to say ''it could have been quantity 10'', so that's you not believing in my honesty. You keep saying it's my mistake- Okay, so refund the difference and we move on. YOU'RE the seller, I am the customer, and you are the one that has these marked with a ''best offer'' why do that then? Further more, you knew of the mistake and took advantage of it? By knowing you have them listed for $15 and accepting a $25 offer? Is that safe to assume? Truth of the matter is, I had click quantity two, but must have pressed back to check shipping charges. Things like this happen. This is simple really, and not worth getting all twisted out of shape on either end. Just refund the $10 difference. Nothing gets sent back, I keep the protector, and we treat this as a single transaction. The quality of the product is great, so good feedback can be left, we move on. I think it's more of a misunderstood sale than anything else. Lmk Thanks, Jim''

The bottom of the story is, he knew I overbid for one. Nobody would offer $10 more than his asking price for an item. It was a mistake, he acknowledged it as such, but said it was ''my problem, deal with it''
    If it was reversed, I know what I would have done, I don't roll like that.

I guess the morale of the story is, buy from Cliffy.

#2 8 years ago

Wow that person has some issues lol. This is y I just buy from cliffy .

#3 8 years ago

Was about to order from him, decided not to after reading this. Wow. That guy needs help.

#4 8 years ago

Wow. Very poor business skills. Even if the seller didn't wont to resolve the problem in your favor by refunding the $10 he could still have been civil. I deal direct with Cliff for such items so thankfully I will never have to risk it with this person - Cliff is a top notch seller.

#5 8 years ago

Link for posterity: ebay.com/usr/pin-protector

Also, it looks like he had the negative comment removed

2016-01-03_02_43_21-eBay_Feedback_Profile_for_pin-protector_(resized).jpg2016-01-03_02_43_21-eBay_Feedback_Profile_for_pin-protector_(resized).jpg

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from Guy_with_a_Pin:

Wow. Very poor business skills. Even if the seller didn't wont to resolve the problem in your favor by refunding the $10 he could still have been civil. I deal direct with Cliff for such items so thankfully I will never have to risk it with this person - Cliff is a top notch seller.

Thing was, he was a contradiction. He told me it ''wasn't his problem, deal with it!'' and to go through ebay, so I did. When a case was opened, he started to get hostile.

I consider myself pretty laid back, easy going. I wanted nothing free, just fair. Frustrating just to respond to someone like that.

Life goes on. Shrugs.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Link for posterity: ebay.com link

Yeah, he did. That's alright. That's what started this late night conversation, he wrote to me out of nowhere to say ''ebay is removing the feedback! in your face!''

okayyy dude...

#8 8 years ago

This spot reserved for 2rustyballs thumbs down.

#9 8 years ago

I ordered 20 of them off ebay and they work great with no issues. I asked the seller what happened and he told me you made an offer and after the sale claimed it was for more protectors than you paid for. So how he the bad guy? You claimed the offer was for more than one? Told to return the items for a full refund and didn't? Seller offered you a full refund! Guy's he's the 1% of buyers that no one wants to deal with. So to sum up the story here, the buyer made a mistake on his offer, blames paypal, ebay and the seller for his mistake and then is told to return the items for a full refund but doesn't. Runs to Pinside to spin his story and omit the emails that tell the whole story. Ebay is removing the false claim from the buyer, not the seller. Guys realize the OP is playing you guys and using Pinside in the worst way. 200 with no neg and one false claim, guys wake up. OP should be a shamed!!

#10 8 years ago

Ebay suxs. I use to buy from them... then realized Amazon general has all the stuff I need.
    I'm SO glad the spun Paypal back out to it's own company.

This Seller... yeap bad news.

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

I ordered 20 of them off ebay and they work great. I just email the seller and he told me you made an offer and after the sale claimed it was for more protectors than you paid for. So how he the bad guy? You claimed the offer was for more than one? Told to return the items for a full refund and didn't? He offer you a full refund! Guy's he's the 1% of buyers that no one wants to deal with. So to sum up the story here, the buyer made a mistake on his offer, blames paypal, ebay and the seller for his mistake and then is told to return the items for a full refund but doesn't. Runs to Pinside to spin his story and omit the emails that tell the whole story. Ebay is removing the false claim from the buyer is what the post on ebay says. Guys realize the OP is playing you guys and using Pinside in the worst way. 200 with no neg and one false claim, guys wake up. OP should be a shamed!!

Your english is so broken, you should be shamed.

I'm pleased you bought 20 from your best friend and that they work great. Nobody said anything about the quality?

but if I am wrong about it all, then answer this:

Where is the $10?

''thanks for the extra $10 jack ass!!''

There it is.

#12 8 years ago

Shackler... I agree Rusty may have gone too far... and your emotional about this... but you are starting to give me an impressions that the seller wasn't the only one in the wrong.

I see your side... and I see the seller's side. I think you may be the "better" party in this transaction... but keep in mind responding in this manner is not helping your case.

#13 8 years ago

Total refund was offer to shacklersrevenge, the guy wanted free protectors for his mistake. Come on show all the emails you sent. Pin-protector said he'd forward them later. When it's not 0300! Better be careful coming on here making stuff up. Your claims are all documented via ebay emails. shacklersrevenge better come clean. You were offered a total refund correct?? You actually TOLD the seller he needed to send you more protectors for free, when in fact you made the mistake and didn't handle it correctly. It got ugly only after your false post on ebay. So you actually started this mess by attacking the seller when they tried to help you. Bottom line is you screwed up and then wanted the seller to a bail you out. This isn't what Pinside is for. Guy makes false claims and ebay sides the correct way and then the buyer spins the truth so you guys feel bad for him, REALLY!

#14 8 years ago

Ok, I have to ask.
    The seller is angry that you emailed him at 2am? because you emailed he had to get out of bed to read it?

#15 8 years ago

I think I have enough for everyone...

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Total refund was offer to shacklersrevenge, the guy wanted free protectors for his mistake. Come on show all the emails you sent. Pin-protector said he'd forward them later. When it's not 0300! Better be careful coming on here making stuff up. Your claims are all documented via ebay emails. shacklersrevenge better come clean. You were offered a total refund correct?? You actually TOLD the seller he needed to send you more protectors for free, when in fact you made the mistake and didn't handle it correctly. It got ugly only after your false post on ebay. So you actually started this mess by attacking the seller when they tried to help you. Bottom line is you screwed up and then wanted the seller to a bail you out. This isn't what Pinside is for. Guy makes false claims and ebay sides the correct way and then the buyer spins the truth so you guys feel bad for him, REALLY!

As stated above, I did not request or demand anything free. I simply requested that another be sent, which was my original intended offer. How is offering and paying $25 on a best offer item asking for anything FREE? Makes no sense whatsoever.
    I was told ''learn from it, deal with it'' When I was told to go through ebay I did. I did not find their resolution safe, or worth it. I then asked for the difference to be refunded. This is all settled and corrected with a refund of $10, as per the agreement to the sale of one, which is what I have.

Let the emails roll, I have nothing to hide. No reason to ''come clean'' Really.

#18 8 years ago

I'd say OP's names says it all. This is another revenge move. I don't have my glasses on so my typing skills do suck. Bottom line is the OP in full spin mode. Don't you think mrgone now days most people's phones ping when emails come in. The buyer leave false feedback now heas got people asking about a $25 deal at 0300! That sucks. I'd go with the 200 to 1 rule. Who's the problem? You or the other 200 happy buyers? I've ordered for other here that quote don't ship the product, for some unknown reason everytime I order I get my parts ASAP. Guys bitch about Marco's shipping costs.

#19 8 years ago

Guys go look at the sale before ebay deletes it. It' not for 2, the offer is for one! It's right there on ebay! He's newyorkmetsbaseball is his ebay name. Jerry over at pin-protection just emailed me your emails. Funny, the ebay offer is for one item! Do you want to continue here? Go look at ebay. Their is the proof.

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

I've got the original offer here, your not telling the truth. It's for one! Guys go look at the sale before ebay deletes it. It' not for 2, the offer is for one! It's right there on ebay! I'll copy and paste! 1 sec!!

You're not listening and or paying attention.

I CLEARLY stated that it was a mistake, and the seller acknowledged it as such. READ

You're trying my patience 2rustyballs. Don't make assumptions about names, or transactions for that matter that do not pertain to you.

#21 8 years ago

Oh so you don't like the truth? The seller offered you a 100% refund correct? Bottom line is you wanted something for nothing? Correct.

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Oh so you don't like the truth? The seller offered you a 100% refund correct? Bottom line is you wanted something for nothing? Correct.

Incorrect. Read. Read. Read. READ ABOVE. You're strangely as irrational and insensible as the seller.

#23 8 years ago

Here's the proof!

Screen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_3.45.25_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_3.45.25_AM_(resized).png

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Guys go look at the sale before ebay deletes it. It' not for 2, the offer is for one! It's right there on ebay! He's newyorkmetsbaseball is his ebay name. Jerry over at pin-protection just emailed me your emails. Funny, the ebay offer is for one item! Do you want to continue here? Go look at ebay. Their is the proof.

Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Here's the proof!

Proof of what? The OP has clearly stated that it was a mistake, and given that one would be accepted at $12 lends to $25 for two looking rather fair. This only proves his side. The response he got was incredible.

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Here's the proof!

Well done Perry Mason. You've proved exactly what I've already said and made clear above. Try reading the original post next time.

#26 8 years ago

Funny, the emails you sent to the seller claim they made a mistake, the spin here on Pinside is you made the mistake. That's not what your email says to the seller. It's says the seller needs to send more protectors because the SELLER made the mistake not you. Stop while you're behind. If I post these emails and you'll be changing or closing your pinside account. Shame on you!!

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Funny, the emails you sent to the seller claim they made a mistake, the spin here on Pinside is you made the mistake. That's not what your email says to the seller. It's says the seller needs to send more protectors because the SELLER made the mistake not you. Stop while you're behind. If I post these emails and you'll be changing or closing your pinside account. Shame on you!!

No. I stand behind everything I said. You can read between the lines all you want, it doesn't make anything you're saying factual. As stated above, I was confused as to one upon receiving, thinking it was a seller mistake, but then I figured it to be mine. As a buyer and seller we both agreed it was a mistake. The handling of it on the sellers parts is where I took issue. Which is why I wrote this:

''Look, here is how this could have been handled better. You simply refund the difference. You claim to say ''it could have been quantity 10'', so that's you not believing in my honesty. You keep saying it's my mistake- Okay, so refund the difference and we move on. YOU'RE the seller, I am the customer, and you are the one that has these marked with a ''best offer'' why do that then? Further more, you knew of the mistake and took advantage of it? By knowing you have them listed for $15 and accepting a $25 offer? Is that safe to assume? Truth of the matter is, I had click quantity two, but must have pressed back to check shipping charges. Things like this happen. This is simple really, and not worth getting all twisted out of shape on either end. Just refund the $10 difference. Nothing gets sent back, I keep the protector, and we treat this as a single transaction. The quality of the product is great, so good feedback can be left, we move on. I think it's more of a misunderstood sale than anything else. Lmk Thanks, Jim''

#28 8 years ago

Read this.

Screen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_3.45.25_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_3.45.25_AM_(resized).png

Screen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_3.57.41_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_3.57.41_AM_(resized).png

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Funny, the emails you sent to the seller claim they made a mistake, the spin here on Pinside is you made the mistake.

Sounds to me like the OP is saying that both parties made a mistake. That there was an error on the buyer side as the incorrect amount was entered in the offer, then the seller made a mistake by accepting an offer that was very clearly an error (again, your screenshot lends to the truth in that without leaving pinside).

Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Read this.

Screen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_3.45.25_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_3.57.41_AM_(resized).png

This keeps repeating what the OP has said all along. Seems to be a huge communication gap here.

#30 8 years ago

Have to tell the complete story. At first it was the sellers fault. then ebay system. Then wants a partial refund. Ebay doesn't work that way. They charge fee's on the sale. It's not walmart. Bottomline is learn how to bid and save us all the 0300 reading. The system should have changed your bid also.

Screen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_3.57.41_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_3.57.41_AM_(resized).png

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Read this.

Screen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_3.45.25_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_3.57.41_AM_(resized).png

Again, this is all explained pretty well above.

This was to open an ebay case. The seller said that it was ''not his problem- deal with it!'' and to contact ebay. I did. What other course of action do I have when a seller says that?

And?

I believed it was seller error upon receiving, I was surprised. Not a big deal, I thought. Then I dug in a little bit, traced back and it wasn't the sellers fault, it was in fact for one item. It was the sellers fault for acknowledging that a mistake was made in the bidding, accepting $25 and not returning the overpay.

That is all. I'm reasonable.

#32 8 years ago

Because you claim the "SYSTEM" changed the bid and offer. And????

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Have to tell the complete story. At first it was the sellers fault. then ebay system. Then wants a partial refund. Ebay doesn't work that way. They charge fee's on the sale. It's not walmart. Bottomline is learn how to bid and save us all the 0300 reading.

I believe the point is that no product should have been shipped at all by the seller without first contacting the buyer about the clear error in the offer.

#34 8 years ago

Show the email where you tell the seller it's his mistake! Your claims is for 2, the buyer bid on 2. that's your original claim you forget to mention. And...

#35 8 years ago

Guys he's forgetting to tell you this all happens after the shipment. First emails are the seller made the mistake then it changed to the system made the mistake. Their are more emails. I'm letting him dig.

#36 8 years ago

Funny, you never returned the item. Guys email me with all your ebay issues. LOL!

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Guys he's forgetting to tell you this all happens after the shipment. First emails are the seller made the mistake then it changed to the system made the mistake. Their are more emails. I'm letting him dig.

He has mentioned everything you keep claiming he hasn't. You're not making any sense, which is exactly why this thread is currently entertaining me

#38 8 years ago

It's the system, It keeps changing my posts. OMG! It changes bids and pinside posts. It's the sellers fault!

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from Medisinyl:

He has mentioned everything you keep claiming he hasn't. You're not making any sense, which is exactly why this thread is currently entertaining me

Lol, he can dig to china if he wants. I know how I handled myself, I know what was said and I know the story. He doesn't have a grasp on it until he takes off the pin-protector sunglasses.

#40 8 years ago

Work on your bidding next time and save us all. PLEASE!

#41 8 years ago
    Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Work on your bidding next time and save us all. PLEASE!

That's the best thing you've said all night. Will do. Now tell the seller to work on his social skills. (and to just give my ten bucks backs. please)

#42 8 years ago

Hee hee, $10...

#43 8 years ago

Why does 2RustyBalls write very similar to the eBay seller and has so much interest to reply to this thread? It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to crack this case.

OP, I wouldn't even reply to this clown at this point. Your original post said it all, and this guy clearly has a vested interest in this thread.

#45 8 years ago

I think I would have just took the refund and bought from someone else. *shrugs*

#46 8 years ago

I agree, $10 should have been refunded or another protector sent. He obviously overpaid for a single protector by accident. A full return and refund is a hassle neither party should want.

I've made mistakes on eBay and so has my wife, but I've never not had a seller work it out reasonably with me.

#47 8 years ago
    Quoted from kpg:

Why does 2RustyBalls write very similar to the eBay seller and has so much interest to reply to this thread? It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to crack this case.
    OP, I wouldn't even reply to this clown at this point. Your original post said it all, and this guy clearly has a vested interest in this thread.

THIS

#48 8 years ago

If I was the seller. I would have happily offered a $10 refund. I would not have been as eager to send you an additional protector, although I might have depending on the way the buyer approached me.

#49 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Link for posterity: ebay.com/usr/pin-protector

They would have never removed the feedback if he would have never called him a DBag. E-bay will not allow name calling...lol
    If you just read his e-bay post closely most of the lies are in the titles of his posting.

#50 8 years ago

FYI, the eBay seller is banned pinsider exejet:

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/exejet

I can't remember specifically what got him banned, but I do know that he used to pose like a pin-up girl on his machines.

Also, I'd be curious if Rusty's IP location is actually Charleston, WV or if it might be Pickerington, OH....

There are 213 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-bad-seller-on-ebay-pin-protectors and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.