(Topic ID: 191588)

City o'Turds to playable Gold: Shouda-burned-it El Dorado: Gameplay video!

By goingincirclez

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 170 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mark532011
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190325_213554 (resized).jpg
20190324_235703 (resized).jpg
Flipper (resized).jpg
IMG_2522 (resized).JPG
20190320_223939 (resized).jpg
20190321_084745 (resized).jpg
20190321_084753 (resized).jpg
20190319_233933 (resized).jpg
20190319_233949 (resized).jpg
20190319_233801 (resized).jpg
20190319_233853 (resized).jpg
20190319_233840 (resized).jpg
20190319_233832 (resized).jpg
Engineering (resized).png
20190319_084635 (resized).jpg
20190319_084716 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 6 years ago

You will be able to find guidance from another ED owner regarding your jones plug alignment.

And with the repop ED playfields i bet there is a decent original out there to replace your mouse damaged pf. Yes you will have to totally strip your existing playfield and apply the existing harness tomthe replacement pf. It's not that difficult.

#24 6 years ago

I don't have the patience or skill set to restore a playfield, much less this one. So, with your skill set, I would look for a restorable original pf.

This is all based on your comfort with working on a mouse exposed game. I assume you would need to disinfect everything, assuming that is possible, and then go on from there.

So if you can get comfortable with it, my vote is restore it.

#31 6 years ago

You will also have to unplug from each coil lug the knocker unit and the chime unit. And you will have to unscrew the cover/power switch.

Be careful when removing the connectors from the coil lugs. On this era when the coil bobbins are nylon you can pull the lug right out of the bobbin. Nothing sucks more than making it easy to work on by taking it out and screwing up a $10 coil.

I use a pair of needle nose plyers and clamp on the bobbin end of the lug and then pull the connector from the lug. Haven't pulled a lug out since I've used this method.

#34 6 years ago

Making the main relay board easily removable from the games was one thing that Williams and Bally clearly did worlds better than Gottlieb. But you can still get it out without having to desolder anything with Gottlieb so it works.

1 week later
#39 6 years ago

For the female side of the jones plugs just compare to the male side of the connector. Gottlieb would have carried the wire color across the connector.

#42 6 years ago

If you want to divide and conquer as you start powering it up you should be able to get the game to power up and reset without the playfield plugged in. That would be my recommendation to isolate any issues the playfield might contribute.

It is a game worthy of the effort you are putting into it and I, personally, am glad you are moving forward with it.

#55 6 years ago

With all the ED repro playfields that have gone or are going to go into games there has to be a used one out there that is worlds better than yours and it would be worth swapping them. The playfield wiring harness is the critical part of this. Move it to another playfield and the remaining journey will be pretty stable.

#58 6 years ago

That's a very respectable cabinet.

#65 6 years ago

When you buy switch leafs be sure to mic the ones on your game and buy the correct thickness leafs. There are at least three thickness switch blades.

11 months later
#83 5 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Link takes me to a "Spirit of '76" knocker. Don't see the card tray.

If you look closely there is a hyperlink for the word "listing" to the actual auction Todd is pointing you to. eBay is screwing with their link references now when you go to a completed auction.

8 months later
#132 5 years ago

It's time to put it back together and get playing it.

#134 5 years ago

Good luck putting the rest back together.

Here’s hoping it goes smoother than the playfield.

#140 5 years ago

I learned a long time ago to not push the timeline if I'm going to thoroughly go through a game. There is no reason to apply more pressure as it only gets in the way.

To commiserate with you, I'm working on a Gottlieb Jumping Jack to sell. I've been going through everything for the last two months. I put it back together and started it up and it cycled through a one player or two player game like it is supposed to. Hooray!! All that is left now is to fine tune lamps and switches and alignment. All of a sudden it won't end a game and continuously resets the drop targets after the last ball is scored without ending a game. Then it starts giving credits at start up coinciding with a partial revolution of the score motor earning 3 free games before the game settles for first ball. After that, because I have a second keeper working JJ, I put my known good JJ playfield into the second game to see if I can isolate where my problem resides. With the good playfield the ball won't eject to the outhole and still has all of the other problems. This is one I need to walk away from for a few days and then come back to it. I'm sure I have a stray solder blob or a stray screw or nut in a bad place that I need to find.

So what I'm saying is, it could be worse. Patience will get you there.

Keep up the good work.

#148 5 years ago

I neglected to mention in my self deprecating post a few posts up that I also did the same thing on the Jumping Jack I'm working on. Smack dab in the middle. Although I just neglected to remove the ball. doh

Anyway, I have a decent used replacement cactus target if you want. PM me and I'll send it to you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucca Valley, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Placerville, CA
$ 12.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-275-el-doh-rah-no?tu=mikeo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.