(Topic ID: 95901)

A $15K plus collection? I don't think so.....

By vdojaq

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hipster-guy-fashion-1.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

indianapolis.craigslist.org link

Someone has been looking at buy it now Ebay prices.

#2 9 years ago

That seems to be the case with many Craigslist listings I see. They seem to be based more off the eBay prices no one is paying, and then the sad thing is that instead of the listings sitting until the seller lowers it to a more reasonable price, someone will typically end up buying it at the outrageous amount the seller is asking.

#3 9 years ago

Surprised the ad doesn't say. Everything works... Turns on and lights come on.

#4 9 years ago

At those prices, the collection will stay for awhile.....

#5 9 years ago

I wouldn't play them either....
    [ducks].... lol!

#6 9 years ago

I wouldn't give 1/2 that.

#7 9 years ago

I wonder if he's affiliated with Doc Pinball out here. His prices sure seem in line with what he would charge!

#8 9 years ago

It only takes 1 sucker... You have no idea how many machines I have contemplated buying on Craigslist Albany, just to see them pop up the next state over "fully shopped and warrantied". Usually around $750-$1500 more of course at "bargain prices".

#9 9 years ago

Any ad that says "Man Cave" is an automatic pass for me.

#10 9 years ago

I made an offer on Baywatch. I regret selling mine. Doubt it will be responded to but offered fair value just not his value. On that note anyone have a bay watch they want to sell?

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

For real

#12 9 years ago

Looks like the price police are out in full force tonight.

#13 9 years ago

The way prices are climbing, it won't be long before $15K gets you nothing but a bank of B-list games.

#14 9 years ago

Wish I was closer. I'd be all over a 3500 dollar freddy.

#15 9 years ago

Solid B list titles

175% markup = GLWS

#16 9 years ago

all bottom of the barrel games. $700-1500 games. but that Batman looks better than average, but it's the playfields you need to see. Maybe if they are all mint they might be two 2k games with baywatch, batman and freddy being $1500 games if mint.

#17 9 years ago

Makes me laugh....He destroys his integrity in the last phrase..

"These prices reflect current market value on these machines. I will consider reasonable cash offers and trades. I like newer Stern pinball machines trade 2 or 3 of mine for your 1. I like boats, fast cars, hot tub, sauna, motorcycles, man toys."

At 2 for 1 this seller stipulates that one stern is worth over $6200 (fine but there is no way two of your machines are worth that). Even worse...At 3 for 1 this seller stipulates that one stern is worth $15K LOL

Entire lot is worth less than $8500.

#18 9 years ago

I wonder if travis is including his neon sign with the lot (since his "arcade" will be no more if he sells all his toys)

maybe he did something bad and his parents are making him sell all of his "man toys" as punishment

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I wonder if travis

Wait. Are you saying that you know who the CL seller is? Pinsider?

#20 9 years ago

I sent him a text...He realizes the games are listed at eBay prices and is willing to entertain reasonable offers. Take that as you will.

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

I'm more interested about

Quoted from j_m_:

maybe he did something bad and his parents are making him sell all of his "man toys" as punishment

So this guy with a "man cave" still lives with his parents?

#22 9 years ago

Definitely overpriced, i don't see any LEDs in those games, other than the under cab lights....

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from nicoga3000:

I sent him a text...He realizes the games are listed at eBay prices and is willing to entertain reasonable offers. Take that as you will.

If he's looking for reasonable offers, don't start with unreasonable prices LOL. Just saying....

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from nicoga3000:

I have often found it to be a better strategy to start a little high and sell cheaper then to start too cheap and ..................................blah blah blah..

Anyway if someone is interested in one or more of his games, tell him what you would give him and see what happens. gl

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Calm down, hipsters. We all realize how cool you are for not referring to your basement as a Man Cave.

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Calm down, hipsters. We all realize how cool you are for not referring to your basement as a Man Cave.

I just spit coffee all over my monitor.

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

no, one of those bigfoot photos (eg. blurry as all get out) had a wall sign that read "travis's game room"

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

If he's looking for reasonable offers, don't start with unreasonable prices LOL. Just saying....

I'm not disagreeing with you! His prices are painfully high, but we'll see. I'm going to shoot him an offer and see how he responds.

#29 9 years ago

2k minimum on BAywatch, cited the current listings on ebay as his price references including his which is listed even higher on there. I explained completed auction prices and boston pinball but he wasn't having it. So my $1400 offer on BAywatch was a no go.

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

2k minimum on Baywatch, cited the current listings on ebay as his price references including his which is listed even higher on there. I explained completed auction prices and boston pinball but he wasn't having it. So my $1400 offer on Baywatch was a no go.

Probably won't even bother contacting him.

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from Ed209:

Looks like the price police are out in full force tonight.

It's not price policing when the ask is 3-5x the standard market value. It's more pointing out the obvious, as it is "policing"

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Uh, it's not a basement. It's a terrace level.

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

all bottom of the barrel games.....

T2 is a great game!

#34 9 years ago

These are local to me and I won't even waste my time going to look at them with seller expectations like this.

#35 9 years ago
    Quoted from altan:

T2 is a great game!

So is DM, but doesn't mean your going to get big money for it, regardless how nice it is.

#36 9 years ago

Have to take into consideration all mods like powder coating, leds and custom artwork on top of condition of playfield and cab for price range. I would pay more for a powder coated pin as I know that aint cheap to get done.

#37 9 years ago

mods don't increase the value of a game that much. Usually you lose your ass with the mods on it. Same with LED's.

#38 9 years ago

You think those prices are crazy you should stop by Modern Pinball here in NYC sometime and see the prices. $11,995 for their T2!

Love to go and play and just laugh laugh laugh at the prices.

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

all bottom of the barrel games...

Quoted from altan:

T2 is a great game!

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

So is DM, but doesn't mean your going to get big money for it, regardless how nice it is.

Was responding to your post that I read as saying T2 was a bottom of the barrel game.

#40 9 years ago

I'd offer $10k for the entire collection!!!

#41 9 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Uh, it's not a basement. It's a terrace level.

LOL!

I crown you their god. King of hipsters!

hipster-guy-fashion-1.jpghipster-guy-fashion-1.jpg
    #43 9 years ago
    Quoted from nicoga3000:

I wonder if he's affiliated with Doc Pinball out here. His prices sure seem in line with what he would charge!

A search of the number on the CL ad links back to an arcade business on the south side of Indy.

See link below--

http://www.arcaderescue911.com/

#44 9 years ago

Who came with the term "man cave" anyway. It sounds like something a chick would say.... Or a guy who has grown a vagina.

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from kklank:

Who came with the term "man cave" anyway. It sounds like something a chick would say.... Or a guy who has grown a vagina.

Okay...okay. That was a little harsh but I really cant stand "man cave".

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from Robotoes:

You think those prices are crazy you should stop by Modern Pinball here in NYC sometime and see the prices. $11,995 for their T2!
    Love to go and play and just laugh laugh laugh at the prices.

Good point but as someone that has been on both ends, I wonder who is smarter. A guy like me who sells for market price or a guy who only has to shop and sell one game to make what I have to shop and sell four for to make the same net profit! As I get older I think the $12K guy is the genius. He only needs one guy that didn't do his homework. Amazing how many business models there are in this business!

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from kklank:

Okay...okay. That was a little harsh but I really cant stand "man cave".

I'm 53, so I think its my generation that is guilty of that phrase, and I now find it cheesy as all get go! Agree with the other poster that mentioned how that phrase is synonymous with "high price". I would never use that in any marketing material.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-15k-plus-collection-i-dont-think-so and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.