(Topic ID: 68014)

$9,500 for a Medieval Madness in southeast Pa.

By TaTa

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 189 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TheFamilyArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

19.jpg
image-501.jpg
image-867.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

$9,500 for a nice Medieval Madness unshopped in southeast Pa. No errors. Leave me a PM for more info.

Is this a reverse auction?

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Well, it's not for sale or anything so I'm just answering the question. But my MM is original + brand new cabinet decals, brand new playfield, all mechs rebuilt, all plastics are perfect, all boards are cleaned etc. Then there are several enhancements on it. If you take a good look at it, it looks like a brand new game that was just opened. I'd say this is close. Further, it has all the game play tweaked and all the little nuances worked out. When you open a NiB game, any manufacturer, you will have to often tweak all those things yourself before it's in tip top shape.

Original? With non original playfield, non original decals...rebuilt mechs. So the wooden box and pc boards and some nuts and bolts are "original"? It's all relative isn't it? And how much do you have into it?

You're fortunate to have a well playing MM. Calling it original is subjective.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Did u see in the backbox there's only one little broad lol that's looks not right some how ,not the same at all ?

It used to tAke entire rooms of mainframes to equal the current computing power of an iPhone. Something wrong with that?

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Let the guy try to sell his pin in peace! Go talk about the refakes somewhere else!

TeeKee, the market place is a very peaceful place to sell a pin. Pinside thread not so much. Selling an MM now without commentary? Be serious.

#42 6 years ago

Oh, and bump for seller and great game. MM is one of the best ever. Should sell quick if priced right!

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Gees someone has some hatred built up

You talking to me?

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Commentary about what? About a refake that we know very little about? Can't compare it to anything yet and all the speculation sucks in the middle of a guys FS thread...
We know what we get with an original. With a refake who knows.

Some guys even like fake titties. on younger women.

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Curious here, what makes you think the new one will be a cheap piece of trash exactly? The new electronics? The high res decals? The identical top of playfield, artwork and software?
Not trolling in, but super curious what makes you think that

That makes one of us.

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Remember "New Coke"? We were told it was gonna be everything the original wasn't and they were right. Anytime someone comes out with "new and improved", you've got to be a little skeptical. BTW,OP, GLWS.

new coke actually won all the taste tests. it was the market's fear of change and irrational grip on nostalgia that doomed new coke. Thank god PPS and the buyers of MMr don't fall prey to any of that regressive, stultifying BS.

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I didn't think so. I thought it tasted like Pepsi.

Well Guess what? That's what they wanted it to taste like! Because Pepsi was winning taste tests and gaining market share. The "taste of a new generation" and all. And them the uproar. People boycotting new coke because it was new, not because it wasn't better.

And yes, when eating or drinking I routinely disregard what's currently in my mouth and base my decision on whether it tastes good or not based on a memory of what it tasted like last time...or last month...or when I was seven.

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

New Coke did win taste tests over Coke Classic but the tests were flawed just as the "Pepsi Challenge" tests were flawed. The taste tests involved tiny cups of each (maybe 2 or 3 ounces). The sweeter New Coke and Pepsi tested better in these small doses however people drink 12ounces or more at a time. And with that much soda Pepsi and New Coke are too sweet and tested poorly over the smooth toned down taste of Classic Coke. As a cola affectionado I agree with this. Same reason sodas with corn syrup are not as good or smooth tasting as those with sugar plus they have a funky aftertaste. Funny thing is that when Classic Coke came back it came back with corn syrup and not sugar. I will only drink Mexican coke.

This I won't dispute. And I recall very well Coke Classic not being the same recipe as the "old" Coke.

#100 6 years ago

I just read an article in the NY Times that cited medical diagnoses from the early part of the 20th century indicating that ones sense of "nostalgia" or fixation on it can result in depression. Often severe. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

And I tried New a Coke the day it was released. Had it with the just released "McDLT" at McDonalds. Really enjoyed both iirc.

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Well I'll give you one thing, you have one hell of a memory. I can't remember what I ate yesterday.

You had a bowl of savory tomato soup and a roast leg of lamb with mint jelly, and a 40oz Colt45 to wash it down. 3 Oreo cookies for dessert, double stuff.

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

It matters...

Only to the types of people that spend $6,300 on late model NIB Stern Pros. Not normal people.

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Exactly.

The quote above is overflowing with irony.

Irony is a river in Africa!

Oops. That's de-Nile!

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

What about the normal stalkers like yourself? Make sure you clean my windows while your peeping...

Omg, no way! You live in a glass house! That'll take too long. Stop talkin' and start Stalkin'!

2 weeks later
#189 6 years ago

I guess MMR is an "aftermarket" MM. Fine with me.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside