(Topic ID: 68014)

$9,500 for a Medieval Madness in southeast Pa.

By TaTa

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

19.jpg
image-501.jpg
image-867.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider replayryan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#186 10 years ago
Quoted from ChevelleSSguy:

I find it completey halarious that every nay sayer on the new MM's are trying to come up with every reason and excuse to discount a reproduction of a previous game as being something that will be inferior to the original when its not even close to coming out yet.

I don't consider myself a "MM remake naysayer", as I think it's great for anyone who just wants the play the game. It is the overall design, rules, and especially sounds (IMO) after all that make the game so popular.

But to say that a remake is the same or even better as an original is silly. A remake is a copy. All of the original game-specific parts are copies. Ramps, plastics, cabinet artwork, playfield, etc. The only thing that could be made "better" than the original IMO is the ramps, but they're not using the upgraded (thicker) ramps on the remake. Maybe the dragon wings too. WPC-95 boards were never much of a problem so I don't think there's much room for improvement there.

I've seen repro MM playfields, repro castle parts, repro translites, repro cab decals...never have I seen any of these look better than the original. And how could they? They're scanned/molded/copied from the original.

Many repro parts are very different from the original. Look at these WH20 canyon plastics below for example. Make a whole machine like this (which MMR will not be to this degree, I'm sure) and you get something quite different from the original, but it will still play the same and look nicer than a really beat original game.

To get back on topic to this thread, I haven't seen the machine for sale so I don't know whether it's worth buying over a remake or not GLWS either way, OP.

19.jpg19.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider replayryan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/9500-for-a-medieval-madness-in-southeast-pa?tu=replayryan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.