(Topic ID: 68014)

$9,500 for a Medieval Madness in southeast Pa.

By TaTa

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 189 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TheFamilyArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

19.jpg
image-501.jpg
image-867.jpg

There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

And I tried New a Coke the day it was released. Had it with the just released "McDLT" at McDonalds. Really enjoyed both iirc.

Well I'll give you one thing, you have one hell of a memory. I can't remember what I ate yesterday.

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Well I'll give you one thing, you have one hell of a memory. I can't remember what I ate yesterday.

Where AM I?

#103 5 years ago

Good point. Definitely got way off topic. Back to selling a MM.

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

You had a bowl of savory tomato soup and a roast leg of lamb with mint jelly, and a 40oz Colt45 to wash it down. 3 Oreo cookies for dessert, double stuff.

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Where do you see hatred? Classic dude. You are who you are. Pointing out how you pump and dump is hatred?
Ok. You never say a game is going to be a keeper forever and then have some clever reason to sell it besides the game sucks.
Good luck with MM.

ohh well to each their own; just saying what up with all the negativity that is all.

#106 5 years ago

And just asking that question?

The few who have held a lot of bitterness for not being able to buy in to a top end pinball machine. Now an obtainable substitute comes within reach and the bitterness is set free.

Be patient and you will see some of that hostility turn to the "remake" when it doesn't meet the full expectations.

Quoted from musketd:

ohh well to each their own; just saying what up with all the negativity that is all.

#107 5 years ago

You hope and pray but probably won't happen. It will be a hit and we will all move on.

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

You hope and pray but probably won't happen. It will be a hit and we will all move on.

And then all the cronies get to bitch and wine about the Adams family remake! Ha! Ha! I love it! Ed

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Be patient and you will see some of that hostility turn to the "remake" when it doesn't meet the full expectations.

Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Can't wait to see which one of you is right. I think the bigger issue will be that the time frame for repros will be pushed back much past the 2 quarter of next year.

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

And then all the cronies get to bitch and wine about the Adams family remake!

Cronies??? BTW, TAF remake is very unlikely. They are already available in spades.

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

mustangs: i have owned many mustangs from boss 302's/boss 351 to 428 SCJ's and shelbys i currently have a 67 GT500 and not a one compairs to my 2012 GT/CS! so if are you buying a MM for investment or FUN!

Interesting. I have a 1970 vette and was looking to "upgrade" a couple of years back to the 2012. Though the technology advancements were indeed cool, I much preferred driving the '70 so I kept it.

Having said that, pinballs are a different animal. As an original MM owner, i would have preferred a new MM based on what I have been reading. On the otherhand, i like restoring pins so if i could get a legacy pin of CC, MB, or AFM (likely next remake candidates) for $5-7.5k to restore I would do that over buying a remake.

Anyone want to sell their CC for $7,500?

#112 5 years ago

Bump for Friday

#113 5 years ago

As nice as this pin looks, I think it is going to be a hard sell at $9500... a month ago it would have flown off the shelf

#114 5 years ago

I can see someone who has the LE on order, like me , tempted into a great example of the original

#115 5 years ago

Is this link working for some of you? Observed some say it's not working, others say it is.

I keep getting a "Google 500 Internal Server Error".

I have tried the useless canned-suggestion provided by Google to no avail.

Free bump.

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Is this link working for some of you?

Works fine.

#117 5 years ago

Hmm (maybe more a question for the OP/because he might be losing potential prospects having my same problem; wondering if this is one of those cases where you have to have an account to see the pics (Picasa in this case)...because I'm getting this error message):

"500 internal server error

If you're seeing a '500 INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR - Unable to process request' when trying to access Picasa Web Albums, it means that your online album is temporarily unavailable. Refreshing the page may help to resolve this. If not, these errors generally resolve themselves within a few minutes, so please wait a bit before trying to sign in again. If you continue to see this error over an extended period of time, please use the Picasa Help Forum to let us know so we can look into the issue. Please provide the following information:

• What were you doing when you experienced the 500 error? For example, were you logging in, viewing albums, sharing, uploading, adding name tags?

• When did you start experiencing the issue?

• Are you signed in to your Google Account when the problem occurs?
Should this error be part of a wider-spread issue, we'll use the help forum to post regular updates."

Yes I'm signed into my Google account.

Free bump again for the OP

#118 5 years ago

Looks nice, but like everyone is saying very tough when you can get a NIB for only 8k

#119 5 years ago

Figured it out (for anyone else having the same problem):

You've got to be using Google Chrome as your browser vs. IE 10 (at least on my pc).

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Figured it out (for anyone else having the same problem):
You've got to be using Google Chrome as your browser vs. IE 10 (at least on my pc).

I'm using Firefox on the Mac with zero issues.

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Remember "New Coke"?

Quoted from vicjw66:

New Coke did win taste tests over Coke

New Coke tasted like crap, as does the newer Coke that's made in the USA.

Quoted from vicjw66:

I will only drink Mexican coke.

+1

+2

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Hmm...FWIW, my issue occurred on a new Samsung Series 5 lap with an Intel 3rd Gen I7 chip (running IE 10).

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I'm using Firefox on WinXP and also no issues here.

#124 5 years ago

sorry for all the problems to you guys out there. if you're still having issues send me a PM. I'll directly send them to you

#126 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Looks nice, but like everyone is saying very tough when you can get a NIB for only 8k

BUT... his is an original and to many that matters. Plus we have no idea what we will get as far as the refake goes.

An original will always be an original. A refake will always be a refake.

GLWS!

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

BUT... his is an original and to many that matters. Plus we have no idea what we will get as far as the refake goes.
GLWS!

Teek, if he didn't want discussion he should have started a fs in marketplace itself. That's one thing this site is good for. Don't want a debate, just post it there.

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Teek, if he didn't want discussion he should have started a fs in marketplace itself. That's one thing this site is good for. Don't want a debate, just post it there.

Ok, sooo that's what I'm doing... debating. What's the problem?

#129 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Old and new take your pic... (Both are awesome!)

image-867.jpg 22 KB

image-501.jpg 23 KB

Looks like 2 '68 (?) mustangs to me. The black on looks to be nicely resto-modded. Both nice though.

#130 5 years ago

If it truly matters that it's an original...it would have sold x10 by now at this price.

The market has spoken...

Quoted from teekee:

GLWS!

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

If it truly matters that it's an original...it would have sold x10 by now at this price.
The market has spoken...

It matters...

#132 5 years ago

Everyone is talking about this Mexican coke. How does a guy in South Dakota get his hands on some?

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Everyone is talking about this Mexican coke. How does a guy in South Dakota get his hands on some?

I think SAMs club sells it. You can also order from amazon

#134 5 years ago

All I know is that $hit smells funny

#135 5 years ago

I get it at Costco along with large bottles of Jack Daniels.

I have looked over the pics of this MM, and if I was in the market for one, at that price I would take this over the remake any day. That one we still don't have any pictures of, and don't have a clue of the construction quality. Buying a remake is still a gamble at this point .IMO.

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

GLWS!

I'll remember that when you put up a BBB refake up for sale. Hell I'll offer you $8K now for that crappy refake because that is all its worth.

You are the only person on this entire forum that everyone hates. Why don't you go back to RGP. Get lost loser.

#137 5 years ago
Quoted from SDTM:

You are the only person on this entire forum that everyone hates. Why don't you go back to RGP. Get lost loser.

I am loved by most... I think even you love me.

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from SDTM:

I'll remember that when you put up a BBB refake up for sale. Hell I'll offer you $8K now for that crappy refake because that is all its worth.

I don't like the name "refake", but you kind of proved his point of original being more valuable than the later ones produced by bringing up BBB.

The original BBB sells for more than the ones Gene made. Once the NIB MMR are removed and played, 10 years from now there is nothing I have seen that would indicate that they will be worth more than the originals if condition is similar. Both went up in value, it is just the first run is still worth more. Hopefully, there is a strong enough market and every MM/MMR owner can get more out of their pin than what they paid.

Quoted from SDTM:

You are the only person on this entire forum that everyone hates.

I don't know him, never met him, never done business with him, and I don't hate him. I actually like reading a different perspective time to time. Don't let different opinions in a pinball forum get to you.

#139 5 years ago

Every MM fs thread is now destined to end up as a shit show.

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

GLWS!

An original will always be worth more. Anyone selling their REAL MM for less should think it out. None of this bother me because my MM is not for sale. I have had it since it was almost new ( operated at one location for 3 months) and I have no reason to sell it. Even if I did it surely wouldn't go for less than $14K. It is an ORIGINAL, not a Remake or a Refake. It was made in 1997 by WMS manufacturing with all their serial numbers and logos. Think what you want , but a original will always be worth more than a copy. If you just want a game to play, go for the fake. If you want the real thing, get an original. Just think later on when one comes up for sale, one of the questions will be is it original or a fake????
Bump for the original poster. GLWS

#141 5 years ago
Quoted from SDTM:

I find it humorous that you couldn't even form an argument and went straight to a personal attack. Way to go bro.

#142 5 years ago
Quoted from SDTM:

Are you getting one of the 1,000 MMRLE's or the MMRUnlimited?

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from jgreene:

Looks like 2 '68 (?) mustangs to me. The black on looks to be nicely resto-modded. Both nice though.

Nope it's a remake...
http://www.classic-recreations.com/

#144 5 years ago

I don't think anyone can really comment on this until the new one comes out; then we will be able to discuss
just saying
good luck with the sale

#145 5 years ago

I'm starting to reconsider this sale after reading all the threads out there. Not to mention all the bruising I've had to endure. I'm starting to believe what many of you have PM me. That I should hold on to my original MM and not listen to all the hype that is out there. If you have seen the pics, then you know that this machine ,for the price, is a really good deal. If you're in the market for a Cubic Zirconia(MMR), then this is not for you. If you want the real deal Diamond(MM), then this could be the deal you've been waiting for! I'm not one who is against the remake. I'm happy more people will be able to experience the hobby and know the joy it brings to all of us. If you've been to a pinball related event lately then you know that we're a dying breed. We need all the help we can get from everything and everyone to infuse more youth into this hobby. If not, all our machines will be worthless. Who's coming up behind us to buy these machines? It's just coming down to preference at this time. My only question is though... If the two machines are perceived by many as equal to its original counter part, has the same rule set and will aesthetically look the same ( minus Williams logo), then why have they been sub titled into MM vrs MMR. One reason comes to mind... they're not the same! Thus, comparing the prices between the two is impossible to do.

#146 5 years ago

I think you are doing the right thing. Keep your MM and forget about what the game is worth.

I've got other clients who ordered the MMr and only could get $7500 for their old MM, so no sense beating yourself up over the price.

Enjoy your MM !!!!!!!!

#147 5 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I'm starting to reconsider this sale after reading all the threads out there. Not to mention all the bruising I've had to endure. I'm starting to believe what many of you have PM me. That I should hold on to my original MM and not listen to all the hype that is out there. If you have seen the pics, then you know that this machine ,for the price, is a really good deal. If you're in the market for a Cubic Zirconia(MMR), then this is not for you. If you want the real deal Diamond(MM), then this could be the deal you've been waiting for! I'm not one who is against the remake. I'm happy more people will be able to experience the hobby and know the joy it brings to all of us. If you've been to a pinball related event lately then you know that we're a dying breed. We need all the help we can get from everything and everyone to infuse more youth into this hobby. If not, all our machines will be worthless. Who's coming up behind us to buy these machines? It's just coming down to preference at this time. My only question is though... If the two machines are perceived by many as equal to its original counter part, has the same rule set and will aesthetically look the same ( minus Williams logo), then why have they been sub titled into MM vrs MMR. One reason comes to mind... they're not the same! Thus, comparing the prices between the two is impossible to do.

Yes your so right ,keep your MM as I am keeping my also ,don't listen to all the hype out there your better off with yours as they can't make the machines like the Original one is .

Happy flipping

#148 5 years ago

If you like it for yourself keep it. If you planned on selling it then its a 50/50 shot. If the MMr falls short in any way holding it will pay off. On the other hand if the MMr is a good remake and you waited you will lose out big time. If decent, MM prices will drop harder than they are now.
Best decision is based on how you personally feel about the game you have. Just remember there were guys going through this decision 3 weeks ago when it was just a rumor and they could have sold for more but waited and now its gone.

#149 5 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Every MM fs thread is now destined to end up as a shit show.

You can say that again.

"Oh Pinside".

#150 5 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Thus, comparing the prices between the two is impossible to do.

your decision to hold is likely very wise.

meanwhile,
<just joking>, comparing the prices is simple math.

Comparing the games (quality and features) will come later after they are in the hands of the fortunate new buyers.

There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside