(Topic ID: 68014)

$9,500 for a Medieval Madness in southeast Pa.

By TaTa

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 189 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TheFamilyArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

19.jpg
image-501.jpg
image-867.jpg

There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

But if it's a unit that we know very little about, how do you know enough to call it a refake?

If you know what the definition of 'fake' is that's exactly what it is...

My only real gripe here is a FS Post gone bad... AGAIN! We're here discussing refakes when he is simply posting a pin for sale. Plenty of refake threads to join and discuss all this.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Some guys even like fake titties. on younger women.

Sure, nothing wrong with them but until the surgery is over you never know what you will get...

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmods:

This whole thing of comparing cars to pinball machines is so insanely stupid, I can't even believe that people post it over and over.
A '65 Mustang has 1 thing in common with a new Mustang. The name. When Ford breaks out the original tooling and makes literal reproductions of a '65 Mustangs, then your comparison will be valid. Until then, it is idiotic.

...even then it is still a repro not an original - even then the new one would cost more than an original since in this case '65 Mustangs can be found all over. Now if you talk low production models, yes they will still always retain their high value to collectors. BTW for the record, Ford did repro the Model A in 1980 - didn't affect the prices of original Model As that much.

This argument is stupid, some prefer new, some prefer original - for people that just want to play the game wouldn't really care if it was new or old? Collectors would want the original - this is the same argument as real pinball vs. virtual, some really don't care if it is on a video screen.

Would the value drop some? I would probably say yes as the overall demand would drop off, but I would think that an original would still be worth more than a new. But then, I doubt the majority of the people that want a MM wouldn't pay over $10k for one anyways (in the "old market") if one became available near them either never mind the ones that wouldn't even pay the asking price for a new one.

The bright side with the remakes, there will be a bunch of new parts for the originals now.

OP - good luck with the sale.

#54 6 years ago

I love it, thankfully I bought my MM for 10,000 and sold it for 10,000 so really I got to play it for a year for free. Was it worth 10K NO is it worth 6K sure its a great pin but these older pin's from the 90's getting into the 10K range is absolutely ridiculous. I mean I've seen some that have been restored to the point that they better than the original, all chrome, stripped and clear coated all the bells and whistles available and yes at that point I would pay 10K for a AFM or MM but just a shopped MM for 12 000$. No way. After seeing StarTrek LE which at least looks like a pin should in 2013 I'm done with old Bally/Williams, can't wait to see what's coming.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Gees someone has some hatred built up

He's not wrong. Original means "original". Having new decals and a new PF is a level of restoration which takes the original away. Is it a much nicer machine, yup. Is it original, not really.

#56 6 years ago

You talking to me?

Travis, is that you?

#57 6 years ago

sorry nope; I quoted the wrong person. MY bad

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

You mean you #1best game ever hulk? Oh wait that pump and dump happened. On to the next.....

This is who I was quoting with the hatred build up

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

My only real gripe here is a FS Post gone bad....

Actually, between the words "fake" and "reproduction" , the word "reproduction" is much more fitting. "Fake" carries with it negative connotations, implying that it is an attempt to pass itself off as an original (e.g.) fake Gucchi bags. However, you know this, which is why you are using the word and "faking" objectivity.

Quoted from teekee:

AGAIN! We're here discussing refakes when he is simply posting a pin for sale. Plenty of refake threads to join and discuss all this.

Yet you have posted several times in this thread. Reminds me of someone who yells at everyone else, telling them to stop yelling.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from schmoo:

Actually, between the words "fake" and "reproduction" , the word "reproduction" is much more fitting. "Fake" carries with it negative connotations, implying that it is an attempt to pass itself off as an original (e.g.) fake Gucchi bags. However, you know this, which is why you are using the word and "faking" objectivity.

Um, in truth, isn’t objectivity subjective? I think we’re debating semantics; the dictionary defines fake as “having a false or misleading appearance.” To me, that sounds like the new MMR. It will be far from the majesty of a Williams’ work of art. Say what you want, but fake is synonymous with reproduction and I expect the new MM will be a cheap and overrated piece of trash. As Teekee muses, post your banal musings on another thread, and let this guy sell his friggin’ machine, tool-bag.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Um, in truth, isn’t objectivity subjective? I think we’re debating semantics; the dictionary defines fake as “having a false or misleading appearance.” To me, that sounds like the new MMR. It will be far from the majesty of a Williams’ work of art. Say what you want, but fake is synonymous with reproduction and I expect the new MM will be a cheap and overrated piece of trash. As Teekee muses, post your banal musings on another thread, and let this guy sell his friggin’ machine, tool-bag.

Curious here, what makes you think the new one will be a cheap piece of trash exactly? The new electronics? The high res decals? The identical top of playfield, artwork and software?

Not trolling in, but super curious what makes you think that

#62 6 years ago

Well I already know before they are made that they will not be the same as the Original that is for sure ,if they did they would not be selling them for 8k ,as the old saying is you will always get what you pay for in life

#63 6 years ago

post your banal musings on another thread, and let this guy sell his friggin’ machine, tool-bag.

Good idea! why don't you take your own advice and do just that.

O yea bump for a nice sounding MM

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

as the old saying is you will always get what you pay for in life

Granted, I'm FAR from being considered even remotely wealthy and don't light cigars with hundred dollar bills, but surely $8,000 is still considered a big chunk of money...right?

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Lots of fake ads popping up trying to artificially deflate the current value of MM.
Bumpy ride indeed.

I would say 1000 MMRLEs and unlimited MMRs @ 8k NIB have more to do with deflating the price.

#66 6 years ago

'Fake' is not synonymous with 'Reproduction'.

#67 6 years ago

Hi pot. Meet kettle.

You, should really take your own advise internet macho man (in response to the tool bag comment).

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Curious here, what makes you think the new one will be a cheap piece of trash exactly? The new electronics? The high res decals? The identical top of playfield, artwork and software?

That makes one of us.

#70 6 years ago

Cant we all just get along

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

Granted, I'm FAR from being considered even remotely wealthy and don't light cigars with hundred dollar bills, but surely $8,000 is still considered a big chunk of money...right?

Your right

#72 6 years ago

I'll be posting pictures today!

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Remember "New Coke"? We were told it was gonna be everything the original wasn't and they were right. Anytime someone comes out with "new and improved", you've got to be a little skeptical. BTW,OP, GLWS.

#74 6 years ago

Thanks! Love visiting Hershey. Truly is the "sweetest place on earth"!

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Remember "New Coke"? We were told it was gonna be everything the original wasn't and they were right. Anytime someone comes out with "new and improved", you've got to be a little skeptical. BTW,OP, GLWS.

new coke actually won all the taste tests. it was the market's fear of change and irrational grip on nostalgia that doomed new coke. Thank god PPS and the buyers of MMr don't fall prey to any of that regressive, stultifying BS.

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

This is who I was quoting with the hatred build up

Where do you see hatred? Classic dude. You are who you are. Pointing out how you pump and dump is hatred?

Ok. You never say a game is going to be a keeper forever and then have some clever reason to sell it besides the game sucks.

Good luck with MM.

#77 6 years ago

new coke actually won all the taste tests.

Sorry to get off track here, but NFW.

irrational grip on nostalgia

Interesting way to describe peoples' attitude towards their memories.

Thank god PPS and the buyers of MMr don't fall prey to any of that regressive, stultifying BS.

Or, could they be falling for hype?? What's worse? BTW,I'm not implying it's hype, cause I don't know.

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Sorry to get off track here, but NFW.

Actually true!

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Actually true!

I didn't think so. I thought it tasted like Pepsi.

#80 6 years ago

I didn't like it either. Too sweet. Maybe they polled a bunch of kids....

#82 6 years ago

if you want additional pictures, please PM me.

#83 6 years ago

Link no worky

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I didn't like it either. Too sweet. Maybe they polled a bunch of kids....

Too sweet. Besides Coke mixes much better with rum!

#86 6 years ago

Looks nice!

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Where do you see hatred?

I am "Shlocked" at your behavior on this thread.

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I am "Shlocked" at your behavior on this thread.

Egg, help me Egg

:-0

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

mustangs: i have owned many mustangs from boss 302's/boss 351 to 428 SCJ's and shelbys i currently have a 67 GT500 and not a one compairs to my 2012 GT/CS! so if are you buying a MM for investment or FUN!

Cars and pins have nothing in common. I have owned over 137 cars, 82 pins , nothing in common, except new is better in each case for both.

#90 6 years ago

Seems strange that you just bought this game and are selling. ( Did you buy a new MMLE )

That being said , I would be willing to offer a true HUO spiderman with receipt, shaker, leds gg and venom mod, pinbits webbed protectors , colored webs, goodie bag still in, colored manual, sandman protector, target decals, shopped in white, and i perfect condition and 1500 cash. ( I value my SM at 6k )

It still would take about another 2k in parts and MY labor to make it perfect bring it to around 10K. I could see the extra cash for the original but no more than that. I would still want to see the game in person.

I am from Allentown LMK, Hobbs

#91 6 years ago

I can't see a routed, unshopped MM going for 9.5K when you can order a NIB MM for 8K.

Anything over 6K, and the OP would/should be so lucky. This will be worth 4.5K once the production is rolling off the assembly line.

#92 6 years ago

new coke actually won all the taste tests. it was the market's fear of change and irrational grip on nostalgia that doomed new coke. Thank god PPS and the buyers of MMr don't fall prey to any of that regressive, stultifying BS.

New Coke did win taste tests over Coke Classic but the tests were flawed just as the "Pepsi Challenge" tests were flawed. The taste tests involved tiny cups of each (maybe 2 or 3 ounces). The sweeter New Coke and Pepsi tested better in these small doses however people drink 12ounces or more at a time. And with that much soda Pepsi and New Coke are too sweet and tested poorly over the smooth toned down taste of Classic Coke. As a cola affectionado I agree with this. Same reason sodas with corn syrup are not as good or smooth tasting as those with sugar plus they have a funky aftertaste. Funny thing is that when Classic Coke came back it came back with corn syrup and not sugar. I will only drink Mexican coke.

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

New Coke did win taste tests over Coke Classic but the tests were flawed just as the "Pepsi Challenge" tests were flawed. The taste tests involved tiny cups of each (maybe 2 or 3 ounces). The sweeter New Coke and Pepsi tested better in these small doses however people drink 12ounces or more at a time. And with that much soda Pepsi and New Coke are too sweet and tested poorly over the smooth toned down taste of Classic Coke. As a cola affectionado I agree with this. Same reason sodas with corn syrup are not as good or smooth tasting as those with sugar plus they have a funky aftertaste. Funny thing is that when Classic Coke came back it came back with corn syrup and not sugar. I will only drink Mexican coke.

Ahhh Mexican coke. If you gonna do coke, Mexican is the way to go.

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I didn't think so. I thought it tasted like Pepsi.

Well Guess what? That's what they wanted it to taste like! Because Pepsi was winning taste tests and gaining market share. The "taste of a new generation" and all. And them the uproar. People boycotting new coke because it was new, not because it wasn't better.

And yes, when eating or drinking I routinely disregard what's currently in my mouth and base my decision on whether it tastes good or not based on a memory of what it tasted like last time...or last month...or when I was seven.

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

If your gonna do coke, Mexican is the way to go.

Hmmm. There is better coke.

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

This I won't dispute. And I recall very well Coke Classic not being the same recipe as the "old" Coke.

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Coke mixes much better with Jack Daniels!

Fixed that for ya.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Ever dated a girl with fake tits? I rest my case your honor.

#99 6 years ago

Well Guess what? That's what they wanted it to taste like! Because Pepsi was winning taste tests and gaining market share. The "taste of a new generation" and all. And them the uproar. People boycotting new coke because it was new, not because it wasn't better.

You have to much time on your hands if you know this much about "new coke".

And yes, when eating or drinking I routinely disregard what's currently in my mouth and base my decision on whether it tastes good or not based on a memory of what it tasted like last time...or last month...or when I was seven.

And I was referring to nostalgia in a general sense, which you were clearly dismissing as irrelevant.

#100 6 years ago

I just read an article in the NY Times that cited medical diagnoses from the early part of the 20th century indicating that ones sense of "nostalgia" or fixation on it can result in depression. Often severe. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

And I tried New a Coke the day it was released. Had it with the just released "McDLT" at McDonalds. Really enjoyed both iirc.

There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside