Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 124 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Jvspin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG3535.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gearheaddropping.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 10 years ago

I think that right around $6500 is the median price for a NIB game that people are going to want. The Stern LE editions will be $7500 plus and the premium editions will be street priced at $6500 before the fall. If the amount of disparity between the LE/premium editions compared with the pro editions continues, the lowest end machines will barely hold their value which can be seen now (except for Tron). The world of the $6500 NIB machine standard is right around the corner and I don't see the prices going down one bit especially with the pre-order fun happening right now.

I think there will be even more demand for Star Trek. In fact, I can only imagine the kind of jockey'ng, kick-backs, greased palms happening right now so people have a precious LE game when the music stops at any price.

Greed is in full bloom. Gordon Gecko would be proud.

#79 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

most of those metallica buyers are flippers hoping to cash in later down the road. Hoping for another BIB or TRON LE situation. If people were going to take a loss on those and knew it, like usually NIB does, there would be a lot of them sitting. People are taking a gamble. But with Hobbit there are 1500 LE's. Not a small run by any means, which also means you don't have the hurry up and buy one fenzy hoping there won't be enough and you can cash out down the road. Jacks pushing the envelope to see how far he can go before people stop buying, and Stern is doing the same thing. You guys are showing Stern they can go farther with stupid buying practices like these. Keep it going. Kudos to you. I want to see if pinsiders can get it to the 10k mark by the end of 2014. I know you can do it. Good for you guys.

For the most part, I agree with you.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gearheaddropping.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/95-on-woz-at-patz?tu=gearheaddropping and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.