Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by canea
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

This topic is closed.

#1 10 years ago

never forget

#2 10 years ago

Watching the rebroadcast now. Takes ya back.

#3 10 years ago

Can't believe it's been 12 years already...thank you to all those that have been keeping us safe ever since

#4 10 years ago

Unfortunately we usually do.

#5 10 years ago

Lost my father-in-law in WTC Tower 1, 100th Floor 12 years ago today.

Never forget.

#6 10 years ago

I was fortunate to leave the city that day. Say a prayer for the families that lost loved ones and thank every service member you come across for their sacrifice. God Bless America!

#7 10 years ago

yep a special day indeed....Jpop

#8 10 years ago

If you have a chance to visit the 9/11 Ground Zero Memorial in NYC, I highly recommend it. Learning about the Survivor Tree as well as standing at Ground Zero was a memory I will always cherish and remember.

Never Forget.

Marcus

#9 10 years ago

Saddam paid the ultimate price.

#10 10 years ago

I am sorry for the victims of 9/11, but it was an inside job. And Saddam Hussein had absolutely nothing to do with it. WTC7 won't go away! http://dropbox.curry.com/Jingles/wtc7.mp3

http://www.ae911truth.org/

#11 10 years ago

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from cichlid:

Saddam paid the ultimate price.

lol

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from MTPPC:

it was an inside job

The ignorance of some people amazes me. Do you believe everything you read on the internet? Ya know, I'm a french model. In all my time on pinside, I've only put one person on ignore. You sir, are #2. I'm guessing this thread will get locked if it strays into conspiracy theories and politics.

Sorry for getting upset. I WILL NEVER FORGET.

#14 10 years ago

Sunking, you've been mind-controlled well. You continue to believe the official conspiracy theory and I will look at the physics, financial, and political evidence and draw my own conclusions. I will never forget the rights that have been taken from me by those who think bin laden hides under my nutsack.

#15 10 years ago

Still a completely surreal event for me. I was aboard a minesweeper in the NAG(northern Arabian Gulf). No comms, no TV and no internet for 5 days. Saw none of the coverage live and have been trying to grasp it ever since. They kept us at sea and in the dark as long as they could until we had to pull into Bahrain for gas and grub. The families were all freaked out on coverage overload and we had not the first clue. God Bless the United States of America.

#16 10 years ago

Shhh. I'm reading My Pet Goat.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from jiffy:

Shhh. I'm reading My Pet Goat.

I notice your lips move while you read.

#18 10 years ago

I will never forget that day... nor will I ever forget my fellow Americans that lost their lives or the heroes in our public service and military.

God Bless USA

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from MTPPC:

Sunking, you've been mind-controlled well. You continue to believe the official conspiracy theory and I will look at the physics, financial, and political evidence and draw my own conclusions. I will never forget the rights that have been taken from me by those who think bin laden hides under my nutsack.

Not to mention the years it would take to plant explosives in the right places ( drill through walls and beams ) and no one person ever saw it. And after 12 years not one death bed confession. It would have taken a heck of a lot of people to pull it off.

We were attacked. Plain and simple.

LTG : )

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Lost my father-in-law in WTC Tower 1, 100th Floor 12 years ago today.

Never forget.

I am sorry for your loss.

And my heart goes out to your family, and for the others we lost that day.

LTG

#21 10 years ago

For the CT people.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=92662&page=1

OPERATION NORTHWOODS

In the early 1960’s, America’s top military brass engineered plans to kill innocent American civilians and commit acts of terrorism on American soil to help create public support for a War against Cuba.

Code named Operation Northwoods, the plans reportedly included hijacking planes, blowing up military warships, and orchestrating violent terrorism in US cities.

#22 10 years ago

My brother in law was stationed at the Pentagon, and had an office where the plane hit. Luckily his office was being remodeled, along with many others, so he was stationed further down the wing. he was still close enough to be knocked out of his chair and have the ceiling fall on him. We (his family and friends) all thought he died, as he never called any of us for 12 hours. He ended up going into rescue mode, as he and many others tried to pull out as many survivors as they could from the rubble.

It was just a horrible day. All of us were sure he was gone during that time period. It was a relief finding out he was alive, but I know how horrible it felt when we were all pretty much positive he wasn't, and my heart goes out to all that lost someone that day.

I feel it's insensitive and rude to suggest this was an "inside job". There's many of us who have and know people "inside", and it surely wasn't an inside job. The only thing that we as a country and a government may be guilty of in this whole thing was complacency. All the things the terrorists did and were doing leading up to this event should have raised so many red flags it wasn't funny, but hindsights always 20/20.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

It was just a horrible day. All of us were sure he was gone during that time period. It was a relief finding out he was alive, but I know how horrible it felt when we were all pretty much positive he wasn't, and my heart goes out to all that lost someone that day.

I remember that day. Trying to find out if three people I knew were safe or not. They were. but many others weren't.

It's a long wait, waiting to hear any news any hoping it's good news.

LTG : )

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

I feel it's insensitive and rude to suggest this was an "inside job". There's many of us who have and know people "inside", and it surely wasn't an inside job..

So you are satisfied by the 9/11 commission report which was regarded as inaccurate and incomplete by at least 4 members of the 9/11 commission. You are emotionally attached to the government's ridiculous conspiracy theory that 19 stripper mongers under the direction of a beardy in a cave in Afghanistan overcame the world's greatest military to attack the most protected sites in the world.

Ok, I get your position.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from MTPPC:

Many conspiracy theorists still maintain that a missile hit the Pentagon rather than a plane.
    I guess the numerous eyewitness accounts recorded on video of a plane clipping a light poll and flying into the building at full bore was not enough evidence for them. The day after 9-11 my ex-coworker friend in DC called me and told me his brother was in the Pentagon parking lot when the plane toppled the light post. Fact is fact. Most good architects and engineers (as your link is connected with "Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth") don't need conspiracy theories to rationalize human ignorance, failure, and hate.

Signed
    an Engineer on Pinside

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from MTPPC:

So you are satisfied by the 9/11 commission report which was regarded as inaccurate and incomplete by at least 4 members of the 9/11 commission. You are emotionally attached to the government's ridiculous conspiracy theory that 19 stripper mongers under the direction of a beardy in a cave in Afghanistan overcame the world's greatest military to attack the most protected sites in the world.
    Ok, I get your position.

take it elsewhere please

#27 10 years ago

Still is hard to believe that it happened, even all these years later. The only silver lining is that it is behind us and that we can move forward in the hope that such tragedy won't be repeated in our life times. RIP those that gave their lives.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/911-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.