(Topic ID: 135995)

90s Multiballs vs Stern Multiballs

By Bubbatom

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bubbatom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Hey there pinside,

Here's a debate I haven't been able to find anything on, though most have a fairly strong stance on the subject.

I much prefer the classics of the nineties over more modern Stern releases (though still great pinball), and I don't want to start any arguments. Despite my view, I feel Stern machines pull off longer and more enjoyable multiball experiences. Most of the multiballs on machines I love from the nineties (Black Rose, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Roadshow, Fish Tales) are fun, yet rather short in length due to difficulty. That's not to say I don't like them, but sometimes I just love having a nice long drawn out multiball in which I can flip away and not care about loosing balls too quickly.

Stern games like Family Guy, Batman the Dark Knight and Spiderman offer long multiballs that still require a certain level of skill. I also suppose that ball savers on modern machines allow for slightly longer multiballs in general too.

So I guess rather than an argument, the purpose of this thread is to understand what makes an enjoyable multiball and what 90s machines offer the best multiballs in terms of enjoy-ability and length. While I haven't played an Attack from Mars or Medieval Madness in real life, these machines appear to have slightly longer multiballs akin to Stern games. What other 90s games have these sort of multiballs? Demolition Man? Johnny Mnemonic? I reckon my next pinny purchase will need to be one that has a heavy focus on multiball!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 34.95
12,500 (OBO)
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bubbatom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/90s-multiballs-vs-stern-multiballs?tu=Bubbatom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.