flipper-right-leaf-detail.jpg
FLIPPER-ALIGNMENT.jpg
new-coil.jpg
old-coil.jpg
wires-to-tabs-bad-flipper.jpg
left-flipper-solenoid.jpg
right-flipper-switch.jpg
left-flipper.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mystic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 11 years ago

Just past the tilt plumb. It's just a small metal cylinder. It's not a "knob" or anything. If there is a black knob, then you probably have my old space shuttle.

Where are you located? Always wondering if someone who bought my shuttle will ever show up here. (so I can buy it back)

#12 11 years ago

250 is fine for the fuse. Surge protector won't do anything. You've probably got a short somewhere.

#14 11 years ago

No but mine had no power to the pops and slings. Ended up being a corroded connector in the backbox.

Lift the play field and inspect the pops and slings and see if any wires appear to be loose or
touching. Don't use that prop bar, it's crap. Lift it up all the way so it leans against the backbox.

Careful you don't crack the black plastic ramp when you do.

#15 11 years ago

And the bell is practically the best part, gotta get that working. If it was "fully shopped" you shouldn't be having these issues on day 1. Good that he's trying to help.

#17 11 years ago

You said it works for a while before blowing. Can you tell specifically when it blows? Which bumper or sling? That might help narrow your search down.

#34 11 years ago

My bell had two quick disconnects on it, although I don't know if that's stock, but if it is it should be super easy to just disconnect those two wires. Bell is on the left hand side of the cabinet.

1 week later
#44 11 years ago

Take it apart and clean the hell out of it with isopropyl alcohol and reassemble it. The poor mans flipper rebuild. They're really not that complicated and the good news is you'll already have an assembled model to look at should you get confused (the other flipper).

#48 11 years ago

That flipper has been rebuilt recently. Check the coil sleeve but something tells me it's gonna be pretty clean as well. Of course, he might just have forgotten to put the coil sleeve back in, if his pop bumper rebuilding skills are any indication.

#50 11 years ago

If it sticks when you're just moving it by hand it's a mechanical issue. That white wire does look disconnected though.

#53 11 years ago

Ah.. A mechanical issue caused by an electrical issue. Sounds right to me.

3 weeks later
#106 11 years ago

Once you get that sorted you should probably add another fuse block after the bridge rectifiers to prevent your house from burning down. Again, get the other stuff sorted first. You'll find some info on adding the additional fuse block in that documentation that was posted.

Or if you feel like looking through a bunch of pages my SS restore is documented here:

Www.pinballrestore.tumblr.com

The SS restore doesn't start til a few pages in. Some of that may help with future issues.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mystic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/900-inert-space-shuttle-sculpture?tu=mystic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.