Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by rai
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which would you prefer?”

• TNA 2.0 21 votes
      26%
    • GnR LE 13 votes
      16%
    • CCr SE + 48 votes
      59%

(82 votes)

#1 1 year ago

I am not actually asking what to buy (to be clear) just taking the pulse of Pinside and these games are roughly the same cost. This is a nod to Zack's this or that videos.

I have seen a lot of GnR LEs for sale that's understandable since they sold a lot and up now around 2 years of production.

Here's one example NIB for $9500 but have seen one HUO at $9000, I was toying with the idea of buying one but need to play it again before I pull the trigger. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/140439

As we know a new TNA 2.0 is $9K (plus shipping) so withing spitting distance of a GnR LE.

I am adding one pin to this poll at the last minute that is CCr SE+ that's $9250 (plus shipping).

These are three totally different pins, different looks and feel but I think they are all three good but people have reservations about all three. One guy said to me don't get CCr because it's too easy (or code is too shallow).

#2 1 year ago

Godzilla?

#3 1 year ago

I’m not asking about that.

I am not asking what is the best $9k game. Did you read my original post? This is a pick one of the three provided pins. Not asking for other $9k pins that are on the market.

#4 1 year ago

I don't like Guns and Roses enough to want to listen to it extensively while I play pinball. When I played it, I thought it was cool, but it kind of felt like being part of a confusing ball avalanche rather than playing pinball. That might clear up if I had played it more.

I've never played Cactus Canyon. I did enjoy Total Nuclear Annihilation the few times I got to play it and am still considering buying one of the reruns.

#5 1 year ago

I’ve owned an original TNA and a GNR standard. CCR is a fun game with the 3 ramp layout. I really enjoy it. I’d pick CCR- plus it has the upcoming code update

#6 1 year ago

Without money involved tna is my favorite out of the 3 by a mile. Ccr is great fun but I’d probably be bored of it by day 2 at home. GNR has a great light show, that’s about all I like.

TNA is a great challenge, one more game in spades, and a blast with friends.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

I am not asking what is the best $9k game.

Well said. Of those three, I think CCr is tops, I always thought CC was underrated, even with the old code. With new code and updated mechs, easy choice.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

I am not asking what is the best $9k game

OK, it's your thread, but why mention price at all if it's just pick one of those three games?
    Price is not relevant if it's a comparison of those three only.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

OK, it's your thread, but why mention price at all if it's just pick one of those three games?
    Price is not relevant if it's a comparison of those three only.

His first sentence says he is just gauging the pulse of Pinside as they’re all relatively the same cost. So it’s a comparison of those three, not GZ, not Bond Prem, not an HEP Flash Gordon. It’s a posted question. And it’s specifically between those three specific pins. There may be a buying decision, or may be a gauge in where the market is between a few certain games. Take it or leave it.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from jjga:

confusing ball avalanche

Wonderfully concise review of GnR. CCr is not as deep as modern releases. It’s more like the pins from the golden age of pinball, 90s, and that is not a bad thing. If that is your thing or if you need that in your collection it could be the perfect fit. A game room full of deep-as-the-ocean games makes me feel tired.

#11 1 year ago

GNR not a chance
    TNA way over priced for me
    So I guess that leaves CCr even though I'm over CCog

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

GNR not a chance
    TNA way over priced for me
    So I guess that leaves CCr even though I'm over CCog

Holy smokes, just looking at the poll number now CCr is running away with it.

I’m sure GnR was the hottest pin at one time but it’s cooled right off. I can get a lightly used one for $9k but probably not even worth it to me when I’m considering CCr SE+ for just a bit more or SE for a bit less.

I have at least 8 pins that are so deep I’ll probably never see half of what they have to offer so I’m not scared that CC is going to be too shallow. It may end up that CC is too shallow but that’s not the end of the world as I can always sell it later on.

People do seem to love older pins still that are shallow like T2 for example.

I have a TNA and really love how it plays and the rules and lights etc.

#13 1 year ago

G and R is not pinball. It’s a multiball jukebox. It’s horrible in my opinion.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

G and R is not pinball. It’s a multiball jukebox. It’s horrible in my opinion.

I tend to agree but there’s a bunch of people who love it. Don’t know if it’s the theme alone or if they actually like the gameplay.

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

I can get a lightly used one for $9k but probably not even worth it to me when I’m considering CCr SE+ for just a bit more or SE for a bit less.
    I have at least 8 pins that are so deep I’ll probably never see half of what they have to offer so I’m not scared that CC is going to be too shallow.

GNR SE is tragic. Never played LE with upper PF but the SE is so sad to play.

CC is a late W/B and almost the same rules as AFM/MM; so there shouldn;t be anything shocking aboot it depth level. And that's without new code whch I do not know anything aboot.

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

GNR SE is tragic. Never played LE with upper PF but the SE is so sad to play.
    CC is a late W/B and almost the same rules as AFM/MM; so there shouldn;t be anything shocking aboot it depth level. And that's without new code whch I do not know anything aboot.

I have AFM remake and still haven’t beaten it not even close. I have 14 pins and probably 20 overtime that I’ve owned AFM so just a matter of me not playing it a lot. So in a sense a shallow pin isn’t so bad for me.

I was around when MM remake was announced but I did pass on it because at that time $8k was a lot of money. But now it’s kind of amazing that CC remake is still $8k (SE) but has the larger and color display. MM remake had the small non color display for $8k and that was 6-7 years ago. AFM LE was just around $8k as well 4-5 years ago. So not as much pinflation on CC remake at least. Hopefully they can resist the temptation to raise prices to infinity and beyond.

#17 1 year ago

Man this is a hard question. CCR is a great game, but it is a little bit on the easy side and is a long player. I am not a great player but I got 5 of 6 of the objectives me the first time I played and it was a 30ish minute game. Great game and should be great on location, but I think it would get old in the home environment quickly. I really like TNA, but its not for most people. Super great game to play with others and hard as nails. Has a great "one more game" feel to it and is easy to explain. G&R is beautiful and sounds great. If you like games with lots of objectives that play long, its a good game to go for. However, JJP games have a tendency to get boring for me faster than other games.

If I had the game for a month I'd say:
    1. G&R
    2. CCR
    3. TNA

If I had the game for a year I'd say
    1. TNA
    2. G&R
    3. CCR

If I had the games forever I'd say

1. TNA
    2. CCR
    3. G&R

Oddly specific, but there you have it.

I also would say from a "pinvesting" perspective that in 3 years TNA would be worth the most, followed by G&R followed by CCR. I think TNA will hold value or appreciate but G&R and CCR will go down in value RELATIVE to the value of other pins. I realize "pinflation" is a thing.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

I tend to agree but there’s a bunch of people who love it. Don’t know if it’s the theme alone or if they actually like the gameplay.

It's the rainbow of blinking lights. More lights = better game.

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from RatShack:

It's the rainbow of blinking lights. More lights = better game.

I guess, the hot rails or whatever they’re called. Just to make it more intense, I’m sure they’re exciting but not sure if I need more intense in your face lighting in a pinball machine. I do feel like stacking multiballs (at least to me), I don’t need it. Everything is flashing all the time seems like.

I turn off mode stacking on my SW because I prefer to enjoy or focus on fewer things at a time. I’ll stack a MB on modes of course but not sure about stacking so many MB all the time. I think JJP Potc you can stack 5 Multiball modes at the same time.

#20 1 year ago

IMO GnR is a complete disaster.
    It’s a light show with a pinball hidden somewhere in the lights.
    Completely unplayable in my opinion.
    TNA I can’t say anything about, haven’t played it.
    CC is fun!

#21 1 year ago

It’s interesting that TNA has almost 2x the votes as GnR.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/9-kilio-bucks-this-or-that-gnr-le-v-tna-20-v-ccr-se-?hl=jjga and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.