• 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by slochar
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Jumpers MPU 200 for 2732 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 4 years ago

I think you mentioned this as things you were going to address but, the ball lock needs to fire twice at the end of each game AND upon game booting to potentially unload two locked balls. The original code only fires it once, sometimes leaving a ball stuck in the lock.

Also, during multiball, the lock shot should be a pass trough and not recapture balls, much like Defender.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

I don't think they actually intended the lock to be cleared at the end of the game, though,

Strange. Because if that is true, you could potentially earn a free lock upon completing ball 5, and an instant a two-ball MB once completing ball 9... not having actually "earned" any locked balls at all.

It's an unfair exploit for player 1 if you walk up to the game with a ball already in the lock.

For those boasting "you can't earn a lock shot with skill on Nine Ball, it's only random" I would strongly disagree. On mine, a clean spinner shot diverts consistently to the area of the lock gate, similar (exact reverse) of a bank shot to GEM on Tron.

I realize in a mutiplayer game on NB, you can steal locks. In a perfect world, I would change that to a dip switch setting, (if possible) so the game will always fire the kickout coil, regardless of how many balls are currently in the lock. That way, each player has to actually earn each multiball, with the same amount of earned shots.

Send me a PM if you need a tester, I have my eproms ready to go.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 42.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 959.00
$ 12.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 189.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 69.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/9-ball-software-rewrite?tu=snyper2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.