(Topic ID: 299875)

9/11 20 years later. Thoughts, remembrance or loss.

By tomdrum

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
911neverforget (resized).jpg
20210906_001642 (resized).jpg
20210906_001626 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzrfun.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 2 years ago

i was working the first job in my career in logistics for an air freight company, and I remember watching the planes disappear from radar and the skies go quiet over Detroit Metro Airport. Very surreal.

And as mentioned above, it was a huge success for Al Queda, exploding our national debt while eroding personal privacy rights, driving a wedge between Americans on the unwarranted war in Irag, then the war in Afghanistan, and everything since. How do you destroy a larger adversary? From the inside out. They have been wildy successful, probably more than they ever dreamed. They were probably toasting each other with champagne as we executed our Vietnam Part 2 exit from Afghanistan.

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I have to chime in here. The idea that 9/11 was some kind of victory for al Qaeda is categorically false.
Osama bin Laden wanted the US out of the Persian Gulf after Desert Storm. He viewed us as invaders, and not just in their region. Invaders as in Europeans who invaded North America hundreds of years ago and forcibly took land from the Native Americans. OBL looked at the world generationally, not in the short term.

You're wrong - he/they don't want us out of the Persian Gulf. We are infidels, a blasphemous perversion on this earth. They want us DEAD, period.
There is no co-existence.
And they willingly strap bombs to themselves and detonate them in crowds just to take a few of us out.

It was a win for radical Islamics regardless of the name on their membership card - Taliban, Al Qaeda, whatever. They all took a victory lap.

It's sad that the cowards purposefully took innocent lives and forever changed everyone else's.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzrfun.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/9-11-20-years-later-thoughts-remembrance-or-loss?tu=pinzrfun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.