(Topic ID: 299875)

9/11 20 years later. Thoughts, remembrance or loss.

By tomdrum

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
911neverforget (resized).jpg
20210906_001642 (resized).jpg
20210906_001626 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DeathHimself.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 2 years ago

Those who know me personally know, I was there at 9/11. I was in tower one evacuating civilians, still in tower one when tower two was hit. We stood evacuating even as tower two came down (first one to drop), we stood until the last possible second to get as many as we could and even when they sounded the alarm to clear out we tried to stay longer and so did some partners and friends. It's the worst feeling knowing there were your fellow citizens up there trapped and we stall weren't able to reach them and had to clear out knowing a collapse was imminent. We, I have a lost a lot that day and we still are as many of us are devolving cancers and other aliments that were never heard of in young healthy people.

I still don't discuss it to this day nor have I ever been back to site despite even being ordered too for ceremonies, no way no thank you.

Another thing we loss as of today is that American bonding the country had after 9/11, now a days it's all about division of color, gender, vax'd vs un-vax'd etc. We went from uniting as a country of one due to being attack, to being dived by 57 little things on top of being offended for everything and attacking ourselves now. So it's just best to never discuss any of it in my honest opinion, but glad so many do reflect on the impact and sacrifices many made that day.

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

thanks for talking me out of the game I wanted to buy!

Was that a good or bad thing

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

A day I will never forget. I worked that day as a NYC Policer Officer since retired. A day of chaos, horror and confusion. I’m not going to talk about that day but I will say days after the attacks humanity came together, American flags flying everywhere. People from all over the world wanted to help. Donations and supplies were pouring into Lower Manhattan. The generosity was unreal. No defunding the police that day. Emergency personal including Police Officers were hero’s and people were thankful that we were there. Police Station Houses and Fire Houses within NYC were receiving food from restaurants from all over. It was incredible how AMERICA came together and my thoughts and prayers will always be with lives that were lost and there families.

I also worked as a police officer that day, I was in OCCB and was just a few blocks away when the first plane came in and we responded within minutes. many of us was there before the second jet hit then we were showered with debris, glass etc from the second impact. I totally agree about the out pour of support that day, there was no thoughts of de-funding what so ever. It's was a great unity from all over the country to fellow MOS to civilians, even during those rough times I still had to stop and laugh when later that night I seen a Chicago RMP there and was like WTF??? I had to ask and they told me they jetted for NYC just after the second plane hit. There was some great bonding back on that day from all over and yes we were treated like heroes, however in my mind I was just doing my job to serve and protect life. The real heroes were all those people who were trapped and called their loved ones knowing we couldn't reach them nor were we able to put aviation on the roofs for an EVAC so they were saying their goodbyes. Those are Americas Heroes....

Just about 6 weeks after the 9-11 incident Commissioner Dunne had tasked me and a few other to put forth a power-point presentation called Lessons Learned which he presented to Police Chiefs from all over the world in Canada. I can tell you there wasn't a dry eye that room of well over 1500 MOS's and staff from all over the world when he was presenting especially when we played audio clips of the 911 calls in the presentation. I still have that presentation on my computer in a directory called WTC along with a million photos I had taken those first few days in search and rescue efforts before it become a recovery mission. Still as of today I have not reopened that directory and looked at photos or played any of the audio again.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DeathHimself.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/9-11-20-years-later-thoughts-remembrance-or-loss?tu=DeathHimself and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.