(Topic ID: 89319)

89' Williams Bad Cats vs 90' Bally Mousin Around, which would you choose?

By Kerry_Richard

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Xtraball
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

If the games were in same condition and same price... which one would you choose and why?

#2 9 years ago

Add a poll.
Bad Cats I prefer and just can't say why.

#3 9 years ago

I have more fun playing Mousin, personally..

#4 9 years ago

Only played bad cats once or twice but didn't really get into it, so I can't really judge it. Mousin' Around is fast and fun. Best ball locks ever, I can't believe they were never done again. Maybe pattents?

#5 9 years ago

Not enough plays on Mousin to give a good indication. I do love some Bad Cats though.

#6 9 years ago

Mousin around due to the multiball. Bad Cats is single ball only.

#7 9 years ago

Bad Cats seven days a week over Mousin' around.

#8 9 years ago

Bad Cats!
I own one, and a friend nearby owns both. I do enjoy Mousin' Around, but I prefer Bad Cats!

#9 9 years ago

Mousin around is a way better player. Bad cats has better art. I guess it depends on what you're looking for. Pinball, or furniture...

#10 9 years ago

Great VS thread.... a tie for me.

#11 9 years ago

I own both and am a fan of both, but Mousin' is far and away the better game.

Bad Cats: Great art package & use of theme. A few interesting shots but nothing special.

Mousin: Good art package & use of theme.. Some great shots and a rule set that is simple enough for newbies but hard enough to keep the pinheads coming back for more. A clean and well-waxed Mousin Around is fast and brutal. I don't think that is ever true about Bad Cats.

Bad Cats seems to sell for more than Mousin' and I've never quite understood why. If you're looking for a good-looking game, I'd pick Bad Cats. If you're looking for a solid player with legs, I'd pick Mousin' hands down.

#12 9 years ago

Wow... some great comments / feedback.
Thanks!

#13 9 years ago

if they were same price and equal condition i wouldn't choose. I'd buy them both!

The gameplay on mousin' around is better by a lot.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Mousin around is a way better player. Bad Cats has better art. I guess it depends on what you're looking for. Pinball, or furniture...

Agreed 100%.

I love the art on Bad Cats, but as much as I want to like the gameplay, I just can't get into it. Mousin' is just good fun. The artwork is cheesy as hell, but it's far more enjoyable from a playing perspective.

#15 9 years ago

Just played my Mousin for about an hour straight. Even with one of the ball locks not working correctly it's still tons of fun and keeps you coming back for one more game. Bad Cats is a good looker but no multi-ball makes it much less fun.

#16 9 years ago

I'd give the edge to Bad Cats w/ art & theme , close because Mousin Around is a great game also.

#17 9 years ago

I love the whole Bad Cats package, but gameplay gets boring quickly. You have a decent size collection though so that may not matter.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

Mousin' Around is fast and fun. Best ball locks ever, I can't believe they were never done again. Maybe pattents?

I believe the same or a similar mech is used for the ball eater lock on Data East's Secret Service.

#19 9 years ago

Love them both but I would give Mousin Around the edge here. Either way you won't be disappointed. Buy them both!

#20 9 years ago

I miss my Bad Cats and would buy one again. Fun goofy game.

#21 9 years ago

For what it's worth (not much), the apostrophe (when abbreviating years), goes before the numbers ('89/'90) not after (as shown in the title of this thread). As for which game is better, I never played either so I have no say. Sorry, just the mood I'm in this morning.

#22 9 years ago

Mousin' Around by a long shot. Not only does it have a large variety of shots and an extremely nice ruleset (so nice it was used in the Pinburgh finals) it has the BEST MUSIC EVER!

#23 9 years ago

Mouse by a mile. There's a lot more strategy for scoring on it. You have multiball and a jackpot shot that you can also light for a million in single ball play. Bad cats is fun, but I always just seem to shoot both ramps.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Xtraball:

For what it's worth (not much), the apostrophe (when abbreviating years), goes before the numbers ('89/'90) not after (as shown in the title of this thread).

WOW... that's actually pretty funny. Thanks for the lesson.

#25 9 years ago

Thank you for taking it the right way (lighthearted). And you can call me parenthesis boy if you want ()

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.99
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
$ 49.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 23.95
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/89-williams-bad-cats-vs-90-bally-mousin-around-which-would-you-choose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.