Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

imgres-922.jpg
bunny.jpg
rhps.jpg
image-4.jpg
Burgess-Meredith.jpg
monocle.gif
There are 255 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

However, I do think they and some of the other pinball boutiques that do not have JPOP or KJ on their staff need to find a niche in the pinball market rather than continuing to compete at the high end - without the reputation. As much as we need BMW, Mercedes and Lexus - we also need Honda, Chevy and Ford - all can make money and serve a market segment.

And this is why I started designing new Pinball 2000 kits- It's a niche no one was seriously pursuing.

As with everyone else, I really would love to see a layout of some type even if it's a white wood.

#102 10 years ago

I've never seen the movie before either. Gerard (who did The Matrix pin) explained the plot to me at Expo, funny enough with the Dutch Pinball guys in the same company. I will check it out later this week. From what I've seen in clips it looks to me at least more interesting than all those superhero movies that ended up on a pin. I tried to watch those as well and I couldn't sit all the way through every time. But that's just my opinion

#103 10 years ago

I wish these guys luck; they have a great license. Now they need to convince folks they can deliver.

I took a chance on a new pin manufacturer - JJP, and I couldn't be happier. The wait is long, but that is OK compared to the quality I will receive. WOZ ECLE is the best pin I have ever played. I have voted with my dollars and gone back to JJP and ordered The Hobbit LE. These are my first two NIB pins. Maybe these guys will be able to build a loyal following too!

#104 10 years ago

I don't have $8500 for another machine, so I guess I'll just save my quarters and play it at the
local bowling alley.

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

play it at the local bowling alley

I didn't even realize what a huge market that is for these guys. If they come up with a great earner for (bowling)locations, they'll be cranking this game out for years.

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What the? OK - well - if I may....Coen Bros comedies, like Lebowski - aren't your typical setup-punchline type dopey comedy...they're funny just because the characters are so rich and interesting and probably remind you of people you know or have met. Just check out these clips and tell me if they're even remotely entertaining to you...lets start there
Just the way John Goodman juggles back and forth between Dude and Donny here...and even his emotions flip on a dime...I can watch this scene 100 times and it just makes me laugh
» YouTube video
.The infamous JESUS» YouTube video

In all honesty I watched half of the first video then stopped it. I probably will not be seeing this movie. Ever.

#107 10 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

In all honesty I watched half of the first video then stopped it. I probably will not be seeing this movie. Ever.

Your loss.

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

I watched the clips. I don't feel like I've missed out on anything...

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I watched the clips. I don't feel like I've missed out on anything...

I'm not sure there's a person on Earth with whom I have less in common than you*. It's a good thing we don't have super powers.

*(Except perhaps beer, but I bet you love all the shit I hate. Ha!)

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

I'm not sure there's a person on Earth with whom I have less in common than you*. It's a good thing we don't have super powers.
*(Except perhaps beer, but I bet you love all the shit I hate. Ha!)

If it is good, I've no doubt you do hate it...

#111 10 years ago

Just spent $2.99 for rental and watched it for the first time. I struggled to make it to the end.

#112 10 years ago

Lebowski was meant to be watched stoned.

#113 10 years ago

I can live with that.

#114 10 years ago

One of my top 10 favorite movies...maybe even top 5

#115 10 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Just spent $2.99 for rental and watched it for the first time. I struggled to make it to the end.

Its better second time around as you no longer have to focus on the plot, it's more about dialog. But, to each their own.

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

Ok. I watched both clips. All the way through. Now I am sure that I will never see this movie. I did not find humor in any of it. Not trying to offend anyone who does like this movie, its just not my cup of tea.

#117 10 years ago

Yep. Just like I dont see the point in predator as a theme.. But certainly people disagree.

#118 10 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

Ok. I watched both clips. All the way through. Now I am sure that I will never see this movie. I did not find humor in any of it. Not trying to offend anyone who does like this movie, its just not my cup of tea.

Well it's a good thing there are different movies for different crowds, I thought Transformers was trash but my co worker wouldn't stop talking about it. Look at how much money it made at the B.O.

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Lebowski was meant to be watched stoned.

Ha Ha ! That's what I was going to say , Drink some white russians or smoke some weed then watch it .

#120 10 years ago

I've tried to watch it twice and never made it through it. Someone on here once said it's funny because people can relate to it and have friends like his friends. I'm 33, female, have never smoked/drank/done drugs, don't party, don't have friends like that at all, and just can't relate. I am a control freak, don't let loose ever, get nervous around people who drink and refuse to go near a bar, and am a big stick-in-the-mud. I also can't stand The Hangover, Bridesmaids, etc. I just don't get them, because I'll never be able to relate to them.

But I'm very glad that you all like it and are getting a themed pin. I too was disappointed in the price point because we're all (mostly all?) getting priced out of owning pins at this rate. I know if there was a dream theme for me (RHPS please) being made I'd be super excited and then super disappointed if it cost that much and I wasn't able to get it. There's no hope for anything like this to be on route or available near me since there's nothing within 2 hours of me now, so the only way I get to play most things is to buy them, and with prices these days my buying is over. I hope all those that want one can either get one or at least access to play it, and I hope it's a very cool machine.

#121 10 years ago

What is RHPS ?

#122 10 years ago

Something I can't relate to!

rhps.jpgrhps.jpg
#123 10 years ago

You don't have to be the characters to enjoy them.. I had a friend that didn't like it for years because He didn't like who the characters were. But reconnected with him recently (a pinhead) about this possibility and he said he had come around on it. Not cause he can relate to them now but that he can enjoy them as characters.

Quoted from blondetall:

I've tried to watch it twice and never made it through it. Someone on here once said it's funny because people can relate to it and have friends like his friends. I'm 33, female, have never smoked/drank/done drugs, don't party, don't have friends like that at all, and just can't relate. I am a control freak, don't let loose ever, get nervous around people who drink and refuse to go near a bar, and am a big stick-in-the-mud. I also can't stand The Hangover, Bridesmaids, etc. I just don't get them, because I'll never be able to relate to them.
But I'm very glad that you all like it and are getting a themed pin. I too was disappointed in the price point because we're all (mostly all?) getting priced out of owning pins at this rate. I know if there was a dream theme for me (RHPS please) being made I'd be super excited and then super disappointed if it cost that much and I wasn't able to get it. There's no hope for anything like this to be on route or available near me since there's nothing within 2 hours of me now, so the only way I get to play most things is to buy them, and with prices these days my buying is over. I hope all those that want one can either get one or at least access to play it, and I hope it's a very cool machine.

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Well it's a good thing there are different movies for different crowds, I thought Transformers was trash but my co worker wouldn't stop talking about it. Look at how much money it made at the B.O.

Yep. Grown Ups 2 made over $130 million at the box office. Something which I will never understand. Ever.

#125 10 years ago

I guess for me, my college undergrad was 1996-2000. I think people my age are prime demographic for this. It was popular in the dorms, that was for sure. We also were around for pinball peak, and now in our mid 30s have disposable income

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#126 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Yep. Grown Ups 2 made over $130 million at the box office. Something which I will never understand. Ever.

Agreed. People still pay to listen to AC/DC which I will never understand.

Different strokes.

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

You don't want to understand that , it will only make you sad and lose faith in humanity .

#128 10 years ago

There's a reason the film is called a "cult" film, it does not have mainstream appeal. Those that love it really love it though.

The theme really lends itself to a great pin though, so I expect those that are not fans can still be fans of the pin.

#129 10 years ago

at the time the cult and popular films were the hyper violence ones like fight club, reservoir dogs, pulp fiction.. None of which I liked, but def locked onto TBL as a favorite all time movie

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Something I can't relate to!

He he. Me either, actually. I just really like Tim Curry. I just watch his scenes mostly. A Clue the Movie pin would do nicely too.

Different cult movies for different folks.

#131 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

He he. Me either, actually. I just really like Tim Curry. I just watch his scenes mostly. A Clue the Movie pin would do nicely too.
Different cult movies for different folks.

I love the Clue movie, would make a great pin. Tim Curry's awesome. Not awesome enough to save Rocky Horror mind you, but awesome still. Legend!

#132 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I also can't stand The Hangover, Bridesmaids, etc. I just don't get them, because I'll never be able to relate to them.

I agreed with almost everything you stated except when you went here. The Hangover is a super funny movie. Even if you never drank a lick, the scenes and lines in this movie make it an instant classic.

And Tim Curry has a ridiculous resume if anyone ever takes the time to look on IMD. My goodness, how many cartoon voices has he done? More than Casey Casem.

#133 10 years ago

Clue could be a great pin , collecting different murder weapons and charactors . Plus the different rooms . Making the gameplay random with each game having the weapon ,room , killer different and shots to eliminate suspects and such . This game could be really cool and maybe the best idea I have heard for a theme here on pinside . I'm sold .

#134 10 years ago

Good. Someone get started on the Clue pin. Or Tim Curry pin, either will do. I'll gladly get first in line and/or collect royalties for the idea.

I figure at this rate maybe we'll see it around 2020. lol

#135 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

There's a reason the film is called a "cult" film, it does not have mainstream appeal. Those that love it really love it though.
The theme really lends itself to a great pin though, so I expect those that are not fans can still be fans of the pin.

This is what I don't understand about the whole thing. If the movie does not have mainstream appeal, the target audience needs to be,
1. A big fan
2. Into pinball
3. Able and willing to buy a $8500 luxury item about a cult movie.
It would seem like there would be more sales of a machine with a larger universal appeal. I may be wrong, and I hope for all the TBL fans out there that I am.

#136 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Clue could be a great pin , collecting different murder weapons and charactors . Plus the different rooms . Making the gameplay random with each game having the weapon ,room , killer different and shots to eliminate suspects and such . This game could be really cool and maybe the best idea I have heard for a theme here on pinside . I'm sold .

Isn't this what Who Dunnit is all about?

#137 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

They made it but had problems with MB so it was rethemed as Who Dunnit.

#138 10 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

That's what I thought.

Quoted from mcclad:

It would seem like there would be more sales of a machine with a larger universal appeal. I may be wrong, and I hope for all the TBL fans out there that I am.

That's why JJ and Stern would never make it is my guess. While not limited to 200, that's all that may sell. Still, cool to see. Gives me hope for a Princess Bride machine.

#139 10 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

This is what I don't understand about the whole thing. If the movie does not have mainstream appeal, the target audience needs to be,
1. A big fan
2. Into pinball
3. Able and willing to buy a $8500 luxury item about a cult movie.

This movie has a huge fanbase . they even do festivals in cities . Milwaukee has done Big Lebowski festivals . Sure many fans of the movie can barely afford the weed they are smoking , But the good news for the people making this game is they only need a very small fraction of the fanbase to buy it for this game to be successful .

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

Quoted from tracelifter:

They made it but had problems with MB so it was rethemed as Who Dunnit.

Hmm. Yeah I guess they did kind of make a Clue pin .

#141 10 years ago

Who Dunnit needs Tim Curry. If I ever learn how to retheme I will make that happen. Nobody hold their breath though.

I wonder how much money a TBL pin would make at a Lebowskifest?

#142 10 years ago

I enjoy the movie enough to own in on blu-Ray. Not nearly my favorite Coen brothers movie and I think it's not nearly as good sober as it is if your high. Some of the jokes won't translate well if your not very worldly.
That said I am very apprehensive about how this translated into a pinball machine.

At 8500 it needs to be a knockout in all facets. I think if preorders don't come in like gangbusters it could mean never seeing the light of day. basically if all you 160 + people who said they wanted this so badly and don't cough up money sight unseen I am not sure how the funds will be there to produce a game. Not meaning to take a dump on Dutch pinball but I am skeptical about the whole project.

#143 10 years ago

I love the Big Lebowski, but like others, I didn't get it the first time I saw it. I don't think I relate to any of the characters, but I still find them entertaining because of the dynamics of how they interact and how pitiful they are.

Walter (John Goodman) is too uptight, not quite over his divorce, and the only thing he ever did of value in life was serve in Vietnam, so he's a bully and all of his interactions get related somehow to Vietnam; bowling appears to be his only pleasure. The Dude (Jeff Bridges) is an old hippy and total loser, barely able to scrape together rent money, and wears home made rags for clothes, and spends most of the movie not knowing what's really going on or that he's being played by four different groups of people. He's been setup and is being used by everyone and is either too dumb or innocent to realize it. Then there's the view of the private eye searching for Bunny, who thinks that the Dude is a genius and is playing the other groups off one another. There are competing groups of antagonists: Nihilists, Treehorn's goons, Maude and her boys, plus the other Lebowski. Other minor thorns in the Dude's side are the Sheriff of Mailibu and an Eagles music playing cab driver. All of them are bullies or fakes, so by the end of the movie, the most pitiful guy in it, the Dude, comes across somehow as the only legitimate and sensible character in the whole thing as he bumbles around among all the other crazies. They purposefully over use the "f" word to death, take a bowling tournament far too seriously, the poor Dude gets to peek deep down inside his toilet bowl, and a candlelight bath turns ugly when a ferret lands in the tub with him. However, after watching it you'll be able to make a Caucasian mixed drink and know who fixes the cable.

#144 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I agreed with almost everything you stated except when you went here. The Hangover is a super funny movie. Even if you never drank a lick, the scenes and lines in this movie make it an instant classic.

I gotta disagree with you here. The best part of The Hangover was the pictures at the end. The fact that they made 2 more movies amazed me.

Bridesmaids on the other hand was one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time. Kristen Wig is hilarious.

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

At 8500 it needs to be a knockout in all facets. I think if preorders don't come in like gangbusters it could mean never seeing the light of day. basically if all you 160 + people who said they wanted this so badly and don't cough up money sight unseen I am not sure how the funds will be there to produce a game. Not meaning to take a dump on Dutch pinball but I am skeptical about the whole project.

It doesn't help that the only real reason to preorder is to receive your game at the front of the line. I love the theme, but that's not nearly enough of an incentive to put up money for the game. The more I think about it, the less sense it makes.

#146 10 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

I gotta disagree with you here. The best part of The Hangover was the pictures at the end. The fact that they made 2 more movies amazed me.

The beauty of it was how the end connected all the dots. But watch it again, there are very funny one liners in there. Come on, Mike Tyson's pet tiger??? The other two movies I agree with you.

#147 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Or Tim Curry pin

Shadow's got a little Tim Curry.

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Shadow's got a little Tim Curry.

Congo's got a lot of Tim Curry.

#149 10 years ago

This will be bigger than Barb Wire!

#150 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

It doesn't help that the only real reason to preorder is to receive your game at the front of the line. I love the theme, but that's not nearly enough of an incentive to put up money for the game. The more I think about it, the less sense it makes.

Agreed. One should get a better reason to preorder and immobilizes so much cash. Please no LE BS but a reduced price would help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

15,000 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 210.00
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 22.50
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
There are 255 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/8500-for-big-lebowski-pin/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.