Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

imgres-922.jpg
bunny.jpg
rhps.jpg
image-4.jpg
Burgess-Meredith.jpg
monocle.gif
There are 255 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 10 years ago

At this price point i think im out...

#2 10 years ago

couldn't agree more

#3 10 years ago

How can you even decide if you're in before you learn more about the game?

#4 10 years ago

That's assuming if you're willing to spend nearly double the NIB price from 2 years ago.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

What price point do you guys think these new pins are going to come out at? $3900?

SEND MONEY NOW!

Don't forget to save another $8500 for next month's new release...

Good luck pinball market... the ground is starting to open up beneath us.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

How can you even decide if you're in before you learn more about the game?

It could be the greatest pin ever made and I still would'nt spend $8500 on it.

#8 10 years ago

Is there a link to pay or delivery dates or anything?

#9 10 years ago

The paypal is [email protected] just send that over and I'll make sure your in line by 2015, no trust me dude.

The real answer is they said 2nd quarter 2015.

#10 10 years ago

yea this is spicy for sure.. my biggest concern is plopping $8500 down as well.. that is Stern LE prices but I dont know the sustainability of the distribution and parts etc.. DutchPinball USA.. sounds like a dude in a garage, with a nice rug..

I understand financially that the price point need to be here for it to be a reality. It sucks ass and likely I cant afford it with out selling two other pins which I likely wont do.. I just hope some day I get to play one. congrats to dutch pinball for making it happen. If I find a spare $5k in my new years bonus that my wife wont see I will throw it your way.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Is there a link to pay or delivery dates or anything?

http://www.thebiglebowskipinball.com/preorder_form

USA Payment plan: $ 1000 USD now, $ 7500 USD in installments
(shipping will be billed separately)

#12 10 years ago

Thanks Jason. Payment sent as a gift so no fees!

#13 10 years ago

Ouch! F'ing boutique prices. MMR is looking more and more like a good deal.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Not enough to go on at this point I would rather wait until 2016 and just buy one if it is done by then.
Until then the Dude abides.

#15 10 years ago

If I'm reading the FAQ right, it says you don't have to pay for shipping to US or Canada.

#16 10 years ago

Better come with a full size rug to totally tie your room together for that price, pricing is a joke nowadays with everyone tripping over each other saying how theyll gladly put down $8k-$10k for a pin... People need to learn to play hard to get instead of spouting off how much they would gladly pay to get a pin they've never seen and/or played...

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

If I'm reading the FAQ right, it says you don't have to pay for shipping to US

Correct

#18 10 years ago

Oh my...

#19 10 years ago

I'm intrigued but need more tangibles before I would consider putting any money down, if at all. 8.5k is alotta scratch and it's way too early.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Better come with a full size rug to totally tie your room together for that price, pricing is a joke nowadays with everyone tripping over each other saying how theyll gladly put down $8k-$10k for a pin... People need to learn to play hard to get instead of spouting off how much they would gladly pay to get a pin they've never seen and/or played...

do you think it also dont cost time money and parts... this isnt a cheap hobby .. not saying that the price is nice.. but its expensive for more then just silly factor

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

MMR is looking more and more like a good deal.

Really?

If any pin should be in the $5000 range it should be MMR... nothing new here!

#22 10 years ago

I'm in, at least until I find out more, it's refundable so who cares.

#23 10 years ago

For refundable $1k, I'll ride it out for a bit. I've cancelled from other pre-order projects when I decided I didn't care for where they were going anymore, so we'll see what happens.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I'm in, at least until I find out more, it's refundable so who cares.

Refund-ability is often dependent on solvency of the underlying operation. One never knows if they will get money back when they pay a deposit somewhere.

#25 10 years ago

Yet another pin priced well under 10k. I'm out! With prices like these this hobby is dangerously close to being overrun by the bourgeoisie.

monocle.gifmonocle.gif
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

For refundable $1k, I'll ride it out for a bit. I've cancelled from other pre-order projects when I decided I didn't care for where they were going anymore, so we'll see what happens.

With an unlimited amount being made, I guess the deposit just gets you that front place in line, correct?

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

With an unlimited amount being made, I guess the deposit just gets you that front place in line, correct?

Basically, plus I'm behind this project enough (dream theme) that I wanted to show a bit more support. I was ready to do this game custom, so they are saving me a lot of effort .

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

this hobby is dangerously close to being overrun by the bourgeoisie.

Huh?

Burgess-Meredith.jpgBurgess-Meredith.jpg
#29 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Refund-ability is often dependent on solvency of the underlying operation. One never knows if they will get money back when they pay a deposit somewhere.

Very true - I hope they do great - I wish i could afford it but can't. Also what is the rush to pre-order. You get it faster true. But look at the facts same model as Jersey Jack with Williams proven parts. just listen to his videos they had to redesign so much of it because little actually existed. Also what startup really does that good on item number one, sometimes they are really late so late they go belly up - sometimes they design parts wrong. 8.5K is crazy for a pin - especially when so much risk is on you not the company.

#30 10 years ago

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Jesus Christ, this shit is getting dumb...

#31 10 years ago

8500 for a first time, no experience group of guys? This is just getting silly. I'd love to see people like this succeed but really...

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That's why I use a credit card with protection.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

That's why I use a credit card with protection.

I would read the fine print for a transaction that far out - and that much money.

#34 10 years ago

Hard to say without a single picture on the game. Since i payed 9K for a WOZLE (Europe) i cant really say much about the price, but the theme does nothing for me

I keep my money to get ST in Januari!

#35 10 years ago

Im passing for now but we will see how it goes I may get one down the road, Id like to know a bit more about the guys and the Company before I drop that much Cash, Plus with MM and Hobbit coming there is not a ton of spare Cash floating around for another gamble.

Joe(acejedi)

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

8500 for a first time, no experience group of guys? This is just getting silly. I'd love to see people like this succeed but really...

oh come on now... i was thinking of starting my own company, don't know what yet but i'll find something on the way...
oh i forgot... it's out in 2018... well... maybe one or two years later, we'll see.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

You did see what they're charging for the BOP 2.0 kit, right? Do I really need to say more than that?

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

you know you can reply to one of the half dozen threads on this topic, right? not all thoughts need to be new threads.

#39 10 years ago

Seriously, SkitB is producing Predator for nearly half this price, so I'm sure the BOM can't be that high. If the future of pinball is all $9k+ NIB machines, then all but the well-to-do are done for. So many were outraged that a handful of (proven awesome) classic titles were around this price, yet so many jump at the chance to throw the same money at an idea over and over again. ANYONE can come up with an idea. I'm sure everyone here has an idea or five for a great pin. I just don't get it. If every game that comes out for the next 5 years is 10k plus, will people still be doing this? I have serious concerns for the future of pinball and it's not the used game pricing.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Seriously, SkitB is producing Predator for nearly half this price, so I'm sure the BOM can't be that high. If the future of pinball is all $9k+ NIB machines, then all but the well-to-do are done for. So many were outraged that a handful of (proven awesome) classic titles were around this price, yet so many jump at the chance to throw the same money at an idea over and over again. ANYONE can come up with an idea. I'm sure everyone here has an idea or five for a great pin. I just don't get it. If every game that comes out for the next 5 years is 10k plus, will people still be doing this? I have serious concerns for the future of pinball and it's not the used game pricing.

Death of pinball 2.0

#41 10 years ago

There are only 3 companies I would consider sending money to on a pre order- Stern, JJP, and Spooky. I did it once with JJP and have decided once is enough. If I was a betting man, I would wager that at some point one of the new companies (not above mentioned) is never going to deliver a pin.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I don't know that I'd go that far. They have certainly displayed the ability to write quality brand new code using existing games. Although we have not seen anything yet in other areas such as PF design.

#43 10 years ago

I ordered one. The fact that they seem to have their act together and have successfully acquired the license from Universal gives me confidence.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

There are only 3 companies I would consider sending money to on a pre order- Stern, JJP, and Spooky. I did it once with JJP and have decided once is enough. If I was a betting man, I would wager that at some point one of the new companies (not above mentioned) is never going to deliver a pin.

True that, it's bound to happen at some point. The question is, which one??

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

I ordered one. The fact that they seem to have their act together and have successfully acquired the license from Universal gives me confidence.

Their use of the license so far has been quite good and tells me they "get it", so I'm willing to wager $1k to find out more.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

Me too.

#47 10 years ago

I have to say it: $10k by Christmas!

#48 10 years ago

Wish I was closer!

#49 10 years ago

$8500?! You'll need to take some of these...

image-4.jpgimage-4.jpg

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from RandyV:

I have to say it: $10k by Christmas!

that 10k doesn't work anymore, we have to change it to 15k by x-mas!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 210.00
$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 255 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/8500-for-big-lebowski-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.