(Topic ID: 18928)

80's stern backglass for Hypnox ... does anybody have info for this game?

By Hyperion

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jibmums
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

this Hypnox glass is on ebay for sale has a little info but was hoping for more background on the game. here is the link

ebay.com link: HYPNOX STERN SEEBURG PINBALL BACKGLASS SUPER RARE ONE OF A KIND SUPER COOL L K

1 year later
    #2 10 years ago

It's back again. Pretty cool artwork, kinda like an evil version of Elektra. I'm guessing there was a secondary backglass behind it.

ebay.com link: SUPER RARE ONE OF A KIND HYPNOX STERN SEEBURG BACKGLASS EXCELLENT CONDITION L K

#3 10 years ago

Nice piece of history, but $1500 for a backglass? Really? I guess it might be worth that to someone.

#4 10 years ago

I could see the original painting being worth that, or possibly more. That is a little steep for just the glass.

The artist, Keith Parkinson, passed away in 2005 from Leukemia at a fairly young age. He worked mostly on fantasy role playing game cards and box art, but did a few pinball art packages in the early 80's, most notably Stern's Iron Maiden as well as the incredible backglass on Stern's Viper.

His only other 2 credits are Gottlieb's Krull, which did not pass the prototype phase, and Hypnox, which was not produced.

-BB

#5 10 years ago

Parkinson's paintings were used for several of my favorite Dragon Magazine and D&D book covers back in the 80's. Did not know he had passed away, a shame his talent was cut short.

As for the price, $1500 is a lot of dough but it's not a really absurd lot of dough, and you get one-of-a-kind bragging rights to a pretty cool piece of pinball history.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/80s-stern-backglass-for-hypnox-does-anybody-have-info-for-this-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.