80's Respect Thread... (share your pics!)

By pinster68

4 years ago

Stats

• 337 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 week ago by girloveswaffles
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 301 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0219 (resized).JPG
IMG_0205 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
IMG_0491 (resized).JPG
black fever glass (resized).jpg
IMG_3553 (resized).JPG
Centaur (resized).JPG
0326 (resized).jpg
5804_a (resized).jpg
1510693612662586615789 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171027_171929984 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171009_173922787 (resized).jpg
19247861_10211256665390085_2399571616437954560_n (resized).jpg
IMG_1476 (resized).JPG
IMG_1475 (resized).JPG
PB070615 (resized).JPG

There are 337 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 4 years ago

Had a moment of reflection tonight as I played my Black Hole and Devil's Dare. Two fantastic games for this time and definitely worth topping off this thread. Got a pic of your 80's pin? please share...

image.jpg

#2 4 years ago

madonna.jpg

#3 4 years ago

I thought from the title of this thread that this was going to be an 80's nostalgia thread. Any way, here's a treat from that special decade:

Flock of Seagulls - Space Age Love Song
» YouTube video

Gary Numan - Cars
» YouTube video

The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary
» YouTube video

The Smiths - Bigmouth Strikes Again
» YouTube video

R.E.M. - Pop Song 89
» YouTube video

A-Ha - Take on Me
» YouTube video

Black Flag - TV Party
» YouTube video

Fugazi - Waiting Room
» YouTube video

#4 4 years ago

My two favorites as a kid.
Not pin related but...

Unknown.jpeg images.jpeg

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

My two favorites as a kid.
Not pin related but...

Kind of pin related, BMX and Radical.

#6 4 years ago

My 80's PIN??? Pretty much all my pins are 80's pins...I would say out of the 45 I have...the majority are from the 80's (maybe 10 that I can think of off the top of my head) are not from the 80's.

Love me some classic 80's games!!

Phoebe

#7 4 years ago

My 80's PIN??? Pretty much all my pins are 80's pins...I would say out of the 45 I have...the majority are from the 80's (maybe 10 that I can think of off the top of my head) are not from the 80's.
Love me some classic 80's games!!
Phoebe

Thanks for chiming in BG ... I've seen older pics of your gameroom. Great collection!

Here's a few more of my beauties:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

#8 4 years ago

I know Gorgar is 70s but the other 2 are 80s all the way!
http://s120.beta.photobucket.com/user/crassmage/media/DSCN3692_zps92485829.jpg.html DSCN3692.JPG

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from crassmage:

I know Gorgar is 70s but the other 2 are 80s all the way!
http://s120.beta.photobucket.com/user/crassmage/media/DSCN3692_zps92485829.jpg.html

Close enough... Gorgar and Paragon are 78-79. They would have been in the arcades in the 80's.

#10 4 years ago

Nice Centaur you have there, was thinking of getting the black legs but couldnt picture it. Now I see how they look. Cool.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from crassmage:

cant get it to show pic like yours via Photobucket, how do you do that?

There's buttons at he bottom of new posts that allow you to attach a photo. Type what you wat, select attach photo, then click upload..

#12 4 years ago

^^^Thanks

#13 4 years ago

Panthera, Paragon(is 79 close enough) , Centaur and Subhumans.

panthera.jpg par.jpg sh.jpg centaur.jpg

#14 4 years ago

My rare Game Plans. Andromeda, Captain Hook, and the backglass for my Sharpshooter 2.

2012-12-06_22-17-55_432.jpg

#15 4 years ago

got those.

1-Space_Invaders_(leds).JPG

#16 4 years ago

Not the best pic, but my current set up brought in the 80s. Sinbad (78), Galaxy (80- my first project pin), and Flash Gordon (81). Love this era of pinball and arcades in general

image.jpg

#17 4 years ago

Here's an old pic of my Star Race and it's not the best.

100_0538.jpg 100_0540.jpg

#18 4 years ago

I have a few from the 80's. my BK2K and these two beauties side by side.

image.jpg

#19 4 years ago

Blackout, Blackout, Blackout!

P1010631.JPG Blackout_Worn_PF.jpg

#20 4 years ago

RG is my only 80s pin...GAH I have work to do. Someone sell me a Paragon with two lower flippers instead of 3 That Centaur is beautiful, loved the Space Invaders .

Pinheads just ROCK. I will have been in the hobby one whole year soon and still only have one pin from the 80s. There is a long, long, future in this hobby for me and the rest of y'all. In the 80s I was so focused on girls and grades I never stopped to look around at the pins. Oh to go back even for a day and troll around looking for pinball and weed in 1985. What fun!

EDIT: non of the pins I mentioned in this post were hyperlinked, ?

#21 4 years ago

Just picked up this Paragon...a rare/natural beauty. Original unfaded cabinet, lockdown bar and coin box don't have a scratch on them, back glass is perfect. PF has no mylar around the slings and has no wear. The pinball gods were looking out for me this holiday:-)

IMG_7348.jpg

#22 4 years ago

And Centaur...way ahead of this time...still one of my favorites.

IMG_7351.jpg

#23 4 years ago

I want a Centaur so bad. Top on my wanted list right now. Yours looks great!

#24 4 years ago

Hey,

Since someone posted it already, I'll mention that Thrasin' has a concert sequence featuring the Red Hot Chili Peppers, notable for showing Hillel Slovak, their original guitarist.

Luke

#25 4 years ago

I like this picture alot. Sadly, the Hyperball is no longer inthe game room.

bkhyper.jpg

#26 4 years ago

Sorcerer will be in the lineup soon .

PF.jpg

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Just picked up this Paragon...a rare/natural beauty. Original unfaded cabinet, lockdown bar and coin box don't have a scratch on them, back glass is perfect. PF has no mylar around the slings and has no wear. The pinball gods were looking out for me this holiday:-)

That Paragon looks sweet! If you get a chance, post a pic of the PF.

Norman

#28 4 years ago

to reply kwikimart :

Depeche Mode Everything Count Man Parrish Hip Hop Be Bop Visage Pleasure Boys Laid Back White Horse Tears For Fears Change Simple Minds I Travel Heaven 17 Play To Win Eurythmics Sexcrime Yazoo Nobody's Diary Kraftwerk The Model George Krantz Din Daa Daa Landscape Einstein A Go Go Break Machine Street Dance The AON Close To The Edit The Cure Why Can't I Be You ? Duran Duran Is There Something I Should Know ? Paul Hardcastle 19 Talk Talk Its A Shame Dead Or Alive Love Come Back To Me Fad Gadget Coitus Interuptus Liaisons Dangereuses Los Ninos Del Parque Soft Cell Lost Again Was Not Was Wheel Me Out FGTH Relax Afrika Bambaataa & The Soul Sonic Force Planet Rock Freestyle Don't Stop The Rock Talking Heads Once In A Lifetime Al Naafiyish Hashim New Order Confusion Yello I Love You Japan Life In Tokyo Human League Hard Times Sharpe & Numan Change Your Mind Tin Tin Kiss Me ... and various samples

all these tracks megamixed by me (MXR)

» YouTube video

enjoy it, while playing pins

#29 4 years ago

Centaur has to be one of the coolest looking machines ever.

#30 4 years ago

Here's a pic of my Mephisto.....

Mephisto.jpg

#31 4 years ago

As you can see in my pic above, some of my collection has spilled into our youngest son's old bedroom. It's kind of funny seeing the devil flanked by the wholesome goodness of Winnie the Pooh, and a Teddy bear reading a book. I really need to get my new gameroom done and everything back in one spot!

#32 4 years ago

Here are some of the System 80's I have set up at the moment.

Devils_Dare_D.JPG Caveman_D.JPG P1010006.JPG P1010003.JPG TL_G.JPG P1010001.JPG

#33 4 years ago

My fav from the 1980's - I dropped a ton of quarters into this game during my time in college. It is still a great machine

pins5.jpg

#34 4 years ago

Catacomb!

Catacomb.JPG Gameroom.JPG

#35 4 years ago

beatmaster: LOVE your LED'd space invaders!

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

all these tracks megamixed by me (MXR)

Nice mix dude!!!

#37 4 years ago

F-i-r-e-p-o-w-e-r....

060.JPG

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

Here are some of the System 80's I have set up at the moment.

Those are some really cool/unique titles! One day I need to pickup a Gottlieb...always liked the feel of their drops.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I second that! That Space Invaders looks S-I-C-K. Great job on the LEDs!

#40 4 years ago

That Paragon looks sweet! If you get a chance, post a pic of the PF.
Norman

Here ya go. For some reason, if I attach 2 photos, I get some error message about not having any content. When I attach one, it seems to work. Odd.

I believe this Paragon was shortly routed, then moved to someone's home, then moved to a climate controlled warehouse for most of it's life. I only did some minor cleaning/waxing/polishing, put new rubbers on, replaced a bunch of lights and several sockets, flattened some warped plastics, and put new bumper caps on (though the originals looked quite good). That's it. Can't really see it in the pics, but the PF still has a nice sheen...colors are gorgeous. Most importantly, it really plays awesome. Also picked up a NOS PF, but will likely never use it in this machine (the PF is just too nice to mess with).

IMG_7359.JPG

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Quoted from The_Director:

I second that! That Space Invaders looks S-I-C-K. Great job on the LEDs!

thanks guys!

#42 4 years ago

WOW!!! That's a nice Paragon playfield there, snaroff!

#43 4 years ago

Yeah that Paragon is beautiful !

#44 4 years ago

Wow, those are some awesome machines. I think I'm going to start getting into the 80s pins.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

WOW!!! That's a nice Paragon playfield there, snaroff!

+1 that machine look great!

anymore close snapshot of that PF?

#46 4 years ago

Just got this one out from seven years of non-climate controlled storage. Just needed a new battery, all rubbers replaced and a nice coat of Griot's carnauba wax. Played like new for a party my son had last night. I know, 1978 but was still on location in the early '80's.

IMAG2935.jpg

#47 4 years ago

WOW, that paragon is NICE!! I'm working on one now that I thought was really nice and it looks like a turd next to that one.

#48 4 years ago

Here is a so so picture of our newly acquired Cyclone! I finally scored 4.5 million and am happy to keep playing!
and why do all of my iphone pics go sideways here?

anyone?

photo(5).JPG

#49 4 years ago

+1 that machine look great!
anymore close snapshot of that PF?

Thanks a lot for the compliments! I've had it for a couple weeks now, and still can't get over how beautiful it is. Really got lucky with this one.

I can go take another closeup of the PF...I still have the glass off.

Here's an inside shot. Didn't do any cleaning under the PF...only vacuumed the bottom of the cabinet. Was amazed all the dust/dirt came right up. Could probably use "mean green" cleaner to make it sparkle even more, but didn't really see the point. Almost no corrosion anywhere on the pin.

IMG_7356.jpg

#50 4 years ago

A Ritchie masterpiece

photo_1.JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
€ 8.40
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 99.95
Cabinet Parts
Merf's Pins
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Zürich, ZH
$ 67.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 40.00
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vernon, CT
$ 16.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.75
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 337 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside