6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by phil-lee
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Could someone please explain the proper operation of the volume control (in the door beside the self-test switch)? The one on my Fireball Classic only produces sound wide open fully clockwise. If I turn the control in the head it gets louder or softer.
    I have read the control on the cheap squeak splits the level between background and voice and is not a true volume control.
    Any and all help appreciated!

#2 6 years ago

A 40 year old potentiometer is likely to be problematic. Twisting it back and forth a few times may help but chances are it is rusted inside and only makes contact in the full on position. The idea was to let an operator control the volume without having to unlock and remove the backglass and then replace it. Much easier to just open the door, adjust it and shut the door. You left the one on the sound board wide open and controlled it from the coin door.

Shawn

#3 6 years ago

Thanks MK, it was confusing since most corroded pots make some kind of scratchy noise,not dead silence.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/80s-bally-volume-controls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.