Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Gemini
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

So I turned on my Genesis today and the ball wont transfer to the ejector.
Switches work, changed out the coil, still nothing, I also noticed that the drop targets dont seem like they are resetting.
Any previous experiences?

#2 9 years ago

Check the coils in test mode first to see if you can get the problem coils to fire at all. I suspect they won't, but if they do, then the problem is going to be extremely deep and insidious.

If they don't, which is most likely, I'd immediately check the fuses. Remember to use a voltmeter; a fuse can visually look good but still be blown.

Beyond that, I'm not sure what to suggest as my experience is still very limited. If a coil in good shape doesn't fire it means its not getting voltage. If absolutely no coils are firing it's possible the coil voltages aren't getting produced properly by your power supply or power supply board, in which case you'd need to repair or replace it.

Hopefully someone with more experience chimes in. You may also want to scan the PinWiki section on System 80/A/B to get an idea of how these things pan out: http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_80

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
Wanted
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
Unisex
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/80b-trough-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.