264 (resized).jpg
299 (resized).jpg
297 (resized).jpg
287 (resized).jpg
234 (resized).jpg
tna13 (resized).jpg
tna11 (resized).jpeg
tna10 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

Anyone have any old games that are fast without ramps? I think what has turned me away so far are the sound packages.

Skateball is a very fast game with no ramps. All the coils have plenty of power. And when those drop targets reset, you feel it. Sound package on this one is very appealing and does not include those annoying beeps many early SS games have. Art package is second to none.

It is not as technically advanced as TNA, but for it's time, it was state of the art as any and seems more advanced than some of what came later.

That being said, when TNA gets here, it is going right next to Skateball.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

TNA was a total sleeper on me. Can't wait to try it at the pinball show here next month!

It's one of those games that once you try it, most likely you will want to buy it. I liked what I saw of it from the get go, but wasn't sold on it completely until I actually played it.

Being I don't care much for long drawn out "story" games where you have to repeatedly hit the ramps over and over again to progress thru the game, it is a total breath of fresh air and I instantly knew i was going to own one, one way or another. If any modern game has that one more game appeal, this one does.

Scott knocked it out of the park with this one, and basically took pinball 20 years into the future from where it left off so long ago.

#10 6 years ago

Yeah, Stars is an all time classic, and very affordable if you can find one. I just finished doing a little work on my lamp board, because when I push play in the middle of the night, it has to work! Chimes instead of electronic sounds is a big plus on this one.

If you don't mind some ramps and an upper play field, Flash Gordon is an early SS masterpiece with a real neat layout that is very challenging and fun to shoot.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

But Stars plays nothing like a TNA.

You won't find many games that actually do. But Stars has one pop bumper, same as TNA.

As far as speed is concerned though, the key with Stars is to follow the guide in the instructions when installing the rubbers. It calls for it to use much smaller than normal, then stretched to the max. Do that and it is a very fast and snappy game.

#65 6 years ago

27q5ww (resized).jpg27q5ww (resized).jpg

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Let the numbers hit the floor. Let the numbers hit the floor.

Let the numbers hit the floooooooooooooorr!!!

#97 6 years ago

If he don't like the game, I'm sure there is somebody else out there that would like to buy it.

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

He doesn't own one. Just likes to bag on the game whenever given the chance. I don't quite understand.

Maybe because it doesn't come with those cheap repetitive plastic ramps lots of hobbyists have become accustomed to? Or it doesn't play music from a band that 30 years ago sold out Madison Square Garden? I couldn't tell you...

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Maybe he just doesn't like it. I get everyone here thinks no one should have their own opinion but people do anyway.

True that. Nobody should force somebody to like something they don't.

But on the other hand, it's not doing anybody any good to go on and on with a Rarehero type rant about one particular game.

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

There are games I don't like but I don't seek out threads with said games and continually point out all the things I don't like about them.

I gotta admit, at one time I might have been a little guilty of that myself.

Not the actual game as far as play is concerned, but the mind blowing numbness of how certain themes could be chosen for modern pinball games.

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

At this point, a better question would be are there any games greenhornet actually approves of?

I bet when this one comes out, he will be all in.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#115 6 years ago

You guys have missed his whole sales pitch.

Quoted from greenhornet:

playing experience can be enhanced by a one time low cost mobile lighting solution

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/80%e2%80%99s-games-like-tna?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.