Photo Dec 20, 6 48 24 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Dec 20, 6 48 16 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Dec 20, 6 47 27 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Dec 20, 6 47 15 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Dec 20, 6 46 55 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Dec 20, 6 46 45 PM (resized).jpg
Photo Dec 20, 6 46 43 PM (resized).jpg

#1 11 months ago

So, my son is really into building games out of cardboard, yes, boxes. Getting him into pinball - Should have Monster Bash delivered any day now, from Santa, of course. We don't live far from a boardwalk and my son has made most of your typical boardwalk games (With great success I might add for an eight year old). He's made skee ball, a toy crane, air hockey and a few one offs he made up as he went along. Now on to the pinball machine. He's a huge fan of WWF Royal Rumble so this machine is all WWE. Its a work in progress but it's coming along pretty well. After the first few full cardboard pins I mentioned we should make something more sturdy. Out comes the 1/4" plywood, tongue depressors, bamboo skewers, rubber bands, bells a fidget spinner and some ingenuity. We are working on some ramps around the back and there is a multi-ball when you hit the wrestling ring up the middle. Figured I would share. Have to find some 3/4" ball bearings so we have some weight above a marble... More mods to come! Have a Merry Christmas everyone!

Photo Dec 20, 6 46 43 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Dec 20, 6 46 45 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Dec 20, 6 46 55 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Dec 20, 6 47 15 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Dec 20, 6 47 27 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Dec 20, 6 48 16 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Dec 20, 6 48 24 PM (resized).jpg
#2 11 months ago

Love this! Please post some video when the Monster Bash arrives.

#3 11 months ago

AWESOME post! I did the same thing at a similar age - made several pinball machines from the plywood of discarded kitchen cabinets. This really makes me smile - and please post a MB picture/video too! Thanks for sharing.

#4 11 months ago

I certainly will post some video. Delivers tomorrow for a Friday morning presentation!!!! Thank you for the kind comments.

#5 11 months ago

Looks better than Led Zepplin. Very creative kid! Awesome.

#6 11 months ago

Nice! Future IFPA champ in the works. Love the fidget spinner. Great job!

#7 11 months ago

Delivered, setup and wrapped, ready to go! So hard not to play it....

Photo Dec 22, 9 14 41 AM (1) (resized).jpgPhoto Dec 22, 9 15 46 AM (resized).jpgPhoto Dec 22, 9 36 39 AM (resized).jpg
#8 11 months ago

Future engineer right there! Love it!

#9 11 months ago

Well what is going on? Update please

#10 11 months ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Love this! Please post some video when the Monster Bash arrives.

I’ve been waiting patiently

#11 11 months ago

He's going to love MB!!!

#12 11 months ago

I like his better than the Stern wrestling pin.

#13 11 months ago

Well, he loves it. Doing fairly well. His high score is around 20m. I've gotten to 121m but we haven't taken down what I assume is the high score from the factory of 150m. Still working on the WWF home made too! Hope you all had a Merry Christmas! I think a picture is worth a thousand words!

Photo Dec 25, 6 19 50 AM (resized).jpgPhoto Dec 25, 6 19 52 AM (resized).jpgPhoto Dec 25, 6 19 56 AM (resized).jpg
#14 11 months ago

Buy a box of Captn Crunch and put it next to machine for when his energy is low! He's going to play that night and day ........FOREVER! Good job

#15 11 months ago

Beautiful story! Like him, I had made my pinball in wood when I'm ten. I became a watchmaker...Your son will always work with his hands.Have fun with your nice Monster Bash.

#16 11 months ago

TICTAC thanks so much. I was an aircraft mechanic and now an IT guy, I imagine you're correct, he will end up working with his hands. He's really mechanical and methodical when he approaches things. It's a sight to see. Have a happy new year!

#17 11 months ago

There is a kit for sale on Amazon for kids ages 9 and up to make their own pinball machine. OP, I thought that your son would really like it.

#18 11 months ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

There is a kit for sale on Amazon for kids ages 9 and up to make their own pinball machine. OP, I thought that your son would really like it.

Thank you. He did get one and it may have come from Amazon!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside