Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 12 years ago

Sorry to start with the same old line, but just started pinball, and just started this forum. Played for over 50 years.

Just purchased cue ball wizard and the 8 ball was shooti g but now has stopped. Read somewhere that it has it's own fuse. If so where is it, and if not any ideas.

Please have patience on this old player
Thanks in advance
Bullet29

#2 12 years ago

Welcome to the Cue Ball Wizard owner's club! It's very exclusive, not many are privileged to own such a fine piece of Gottlieb engineering! On page 56 of the manual, it says F27 2A slo-blo is for the ball shooter. I believe this is a 50v solenoid line.

#3 12 years ago

If the fuse is good. I'm not familar with the game, but there must be a switch that tells it to shoot. Check that first. Then make sure the coil is good: wire isn't off etc. If still no luck might be the transistor.

#4 12 years ago

Thanks so very much,dirtrider,and hawkeye11. I will explore both ideas this weekend and post my results.it's so nice to be able to talk with people with the same interest.once again, Thanks in advance
Bullet29

#5 12 years ago

Just wanted to say thanks about cue ball wizard. Used your tip and now it works.

Thanks again

#6 12 years ago

Just wanted to say thanks for your help with pinball wizard, all works good now.

Thanks again

#7 12 years ago

So...... What was it?

#8 12 years ago

I was just about to ask the same thing?

1 year later
#9 11 years ago

Apologies if I've missed it elsewhere in this thread, but just where is F27 located? I can easily find the fuses on the main power supply and under the playfield up to F26, but can't find F27!

Help?

1 year later
#10 9 years ago

Bringing this old thread to life. Helping a friend with same problem...Someone let me know if the cue ball has its own fuse and where is it...

Thanks

2 months later
#11 9 years ago

I have the same problem. Fuse is good. Mosfet was bad, but I replaced it. I checked the ground from the fuse and it is grounded. Solenoid is good, it is not getting any power, during the game or in test mode. Anyone have any other ideas I could explore?

1 month later
#12 9 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Bringing this old thread to life. Helping a friend with same problem...Someone let me know if the cue ball has its own fuse and where is it...
Thanks

Hi Guys,
Yes the 8 ball shooter has it's own fuse, it's F27 and it is near the prop rod hole closest to the front of the playfield. F27 is the only fuse that is all by itself. It is all the way to your right by the edge of the underside of the playfield. It is kind of hidden behind a bundle of wires so you might have to move the bundle a little to get to it and or see it. I'm sure I do not have to remind you guys to unplug the machine. Also, I had the same issue when I first got my CBW, the 8 ball shooter coil (coil # 19300) started smoking and melted to the shooter assembly. It turned out the Driver board transistor was fried.
I think it was Q10 if I remember correctly. Try to find Q10 on the driver board and see if it is fried. Anyhow, I ended driving up to Steve Young at PB Resource and purchased a new driver board for about 90 bux. So far so good with blowing a fuse once in 3 months.

4 years later
#13 4 years ago

Anyone have any more ideas for this problem? I cant find a Q10 on the driver board and hope that someone has found a solution.

2 months later
#14 4 years ago

I am missing the 8 ball and the lower play field wire that hold the ball in the top part of the game. Does anyone know where I could get one? I have try on Marco but they don't have it.

1 month later
#15 4 years ago

My local game store has one of these machines, and the 8 ball won't shoot because the F27 fuse always blows very quickly. Any idea what causes the fuse to blow repeatedly? I didn't see that addressed earlier in the thread, thank you!

1 year later
#16 2 years ago

Anyone know how to reset the high scores on CBW? Just brought one home and we want to start fresh. Instruction manual is kind of confusing.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#17 2 years ago

Anyone know how to reset the high scores on Cue Ball Wizard? Instruction manual is kind of confusing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bloomington, IL
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/8-ball-wont-shoot-on-cue-ball-wizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.