3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Nokoro
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Making progress. My struggle has always been the left side switch solenoid when you lose the ball down the ramp when it hits the switch and does not fires.
    The other one that is killing me is the ball return to the Pull plunger solenoid when you lose the ball to shoot it back over to the plunger. I replaced the switch and the wire on the solenoid is brown and yellow. I test continuity ok I cannot figure out where for the life of me where this goes.

Obviously my luck pretty much the most critical one because without it the ball just gets stuck lost and never kicks over.

You guys have been fantastic on this board. I really appreciate the help.

#2 3 years ago

A couple of tips on your post which will allow us to help you more. Please specify exactly which game and link the game to the post. Is it Eight Ball, Eight Ball Deluxe, etc.?

Also, post in one of the tech sub forums, like TSS, not the restoration forum. You will get more tech help that way.

If you specify exactly which game, post a picture of the switch matrix and circle the exact switches that aren’t working, I may be able to give you some things to check.

#3 3 years ago

8 ball Bally original

#4 3 years ago

Regarding the left outlane kickback, I replaced my leaf switch with a microswitch. Very easy, cheap and functions perfect every time. The below link will take you to the write up:

http://villagebbs.com/forum/index.php/topic,43065.0.html

Regarding your other issue, I’ll post a photo shortly.

#5 3 years ago

For the outhole switch, if a wire is broken on another switch in the same column or row on the matrix, that could cause the problem. It happened to me once with my Flash Gordon.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/8-ball-stumped-ball-return- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.