• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Underside.jpg
Centaur_Lock.jpg
#1 11 years ago

How do you remove the backglass that covers the digital displays?? The glass does not slide up far enough to be able to pull it out. Am I missing something?

#2 11 years ago

Unlock the backbox on the RH side first, then lift up and out.

#3 11 years ago

If it's the 1984 Midway version- open the door of the backbox and the backglass will come out sideways out the side.

#4 11 years ago

This is the limited edition Bally. There is no lock on the side. It is on top in the center. The glass cannot come out the side. It has a lip on the bottom same as a backglass or translite. It seems as if should just slide up and pop out but I can't get it to slide up???

#5 11 years ago

Isn't the backglass lock straight up in the center of the score display box? Center of the bottom of the back glass.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from BigB:

How do you remove the backglass that covers the digital displays?? The glass does not slide up far enough to be able to pull it out. Am I missing something?

I never seen this type of cab in person but I would look for a latch or something inside. You need to remove the upper backglass to reveal the inside. Open the white wooden door behind it and look down into the cab.

#7 11 years ago

The lock for the score panel is found from the backglass box to score board box there are two levers that need to be pulled back in order to release the score board glass.

Centaur_Lock.jpgCentaur_Lock.jpg Underside.jpgUnderside.jpgsorry, I have the lock and open reversed.

#8 11 years ago

THX> We will check this out and see if we can get the panel out.... We reached in there.. But not well well enough I guess..

thanks also to B for posting ..

Nick

1 month later
#9 10 years ago

Figured it out. You need to open up the backbox and remove both bolts that secure the bacbox to the cabinet. Then rotate the upper backbox from the lower backbox 90 degrees. That will allow you access into the lower backbox where you will find two sliding locks. One on each side. They are similar to the sliding latch that secures the swinging display panel in most backboxes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 90.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/8-ball-deluxe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.