(Topic ID: 187886)

7volution displays in Bally Rolling Stones- not re-setting after roll?

By shacklersrevenge

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Picked up a set of 7volution displays for a Rolling Stones. When you start a new game after rolling it, it starts at ''1,000,000'' Anyone had this happen before? It seems to happen everytime.
    I tried registering and setting up a tech ticket on their website but it won't recognize any of my e-mail attempts.

Thanks, James

#2 6 years ago

So here is what I have discovered. If you power on the game, start a game/play and roll the score, then start/play another game after, it will start at ''00'' as normal.
    However, if on the same power cycle you happen to roll it again, it will start a game at ''1,000,000'' and won't clear until you do a power cycle.

this is pretty stupid in my opinion, if this is how it is designed.

Edit: Jumped the gun to assume it was a design flaw, which it is not.

#3 6 years ago

It's not how it's designed. Apparently the diodes on the flipper coils and the driver board transistors can get out of spec and cause the 1mil point bug to show up. I put a set in a meteor and was all excited until I started having 1mil points added (even without rolling it). Maybe instead of holding the points from your rollover, the bug is just showing up.

He's apparently working on a firmware patch that should help. When I get to it, i need to change the diodes and see if that helps on mine.

#4 6 years ago

I had the same issue when I bought the 7volution for my Meteor. The second game always started with a 1,000,000 points. The customer service was excellent in trying to troubleshoot the problem but unfortunately couldn't fix the problem. We tried a number of solutions from adding diodes to the flippers, replaced the coils, etc. They offered me a full refund when they couldn't fix it. If they ever do fix it, i would be in on it.

#5 6 years ago

How about I weigh in?

Wanted to let you know that we are working on it. This issue is individual game related and does not seem to be 7volution related. This random million points has popped up on games that have been running 7volution for a period of time.

Went though many possible solutions with Pmainio, all of which has been successful on other games with other customers. A local collector here in Phx has several games with 7volutions in them, titles like Miss World, Embryon, Playboy, and others. I think he has 8 systems and we have never seen the million point hit on any of them. But then, they all were fully restored, re-pinned, cabled as needed, playfield rebuilds, etc. He just recently acquired a Rolling Stones and reached out to me and offered to let me install the system to try to capture this again with the new FW patch.

James, reach out direct to me via Pinside IM and I will get you set up and try to validate your support ticket.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from XPinPinball:

How about I weigh in?
    Wanted to let you know that we are working on it. This issue is individual game related and does not seem to be 7volution related. This random million points has popped up on games that have been running 7volution for a period of time.
    Went though many possible solutions with Pmainio, all of which has been successful on other games with other customers. A local collector here in Phx has several games with 7volutions in them, titles like Miss World, Embryon, Playboy, and others. I think he has 8 systems and we have never seen the million point hit on any of them. But then, they all were fully restored, re-pinned, cabled as needed, playfield rebuilds, etc. He just recently acquired a Rolling Stones and reached out to me and offered to let me install the system to try to capture this again with the new FW patch.
    James, reach out direct to me via Pinside IM and I will get you set up and try to validate your support ticket.

Great info, will do. thanks

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/7volution-displays-in-bally-rolling-stones-not-re-setting-after-roll and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.