Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 years ago by VT8man
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 14 years ago

I popped my proverbial pinball cherry yesterday at the Fairfax Pinball Open. Qualifying is still going on for Expert & Novice tournaments. $10/$5 per entry respectively. Currently I'm the second seed in the Novice group. If you are local come on out. It's held at a great hole in the wall bar, where it looks like occasionally the bartender's bra winds up signed and tacked to the wall.

The angle to get a pic of one close to a machine for BD's collection might be tough, but lets see what we can do.

There are people from NY, NJ, IL, OH, and MD there as well. Here's a list of the games there if you might be interested.

Getaway
Sorcerer
Monster Bash
Whodunnit
Skateball
Cyclopes (hate this game, but instead of just nipples on the art work they added some butt crack. And the Cyclopes has woman chained up all over the playfield.)
Mousin' Around
Space Station
Jack Bot
Addam's Family
Big Buck Hunter
Bram Stoker's Dracula
No Fear
Classic Amazing Spider-Man
Star Trek: Next Gen
Quicksilver (with LED mods., kinda cool but a bit bright after a few beers.)
Strikes and Spares

(I didn't use acronyms, sorry. :-p)

Link for those who might be interested. Still two days of playing.
http://www.virginiapinball.org/

#2 14 years ago

Good luck man - hope you can survive to the end

#3 14 years ago

Bram Stoker's Dracula is in the tourney? Thats one tough pin, man!

Very fun to see people get "roflstomped" by that one. Humbles even the best of players.

#4 14 years ago

Nice lineup, I own a few of those (Skateball,TAF,HS2) Good luck with the tourney, I'm actually trying to buy a BSD right now, wish me luck

#5 14 years ago

I wish I could attend one .. stay away from the "special" smokes until after your tournament You don't want the lights making your eyes hurt.

#6 14 years ago

lol ok the party is over for the day. I can't say I did too well, but it was fun. There's a gauntlet tomorrow, along with a couples tournament. The gauntlet looks like fun, four games where you have to reach a target score, and then move to the next machine. Quickest player to run the four games wins. Sounds pretty fun.

Tom - I have a Dracula, and yes it's a smack in the face. My game plays nothing like the one there. They have also made all the games pretty hard, so games don't last forever. Their Dracula has the lightning bolt flippers on it, which are shorter - making the gap even wider.

BD - I hear ya, but I did have a few beers. All in good fun. There's another tournament in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio on the 26-27th. Isn't that pretty close to you?

www.ohiopinballshow.com

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 23.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Camarillo, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/7th-annual-fairfax-pinball-open-has-started and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.