(Topic ID: 155655)

$7.99 Storage Drawer Bins at Aldi - you need these

By vid1900

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170413_075001 (resized).jpg
    IMAG5832_(resized).jpg
    IMAG5826_(resized).jpg
    PigglyWiggly-Logomarkhighres_(resized).jpg
    Red_Owl_(resized).jpg
    who_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    pasted_image_(resized).png
    image_(resized).jpeg
    IMAG0649_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    magnetbox_(resized).png
    20150705222824835_(resized).jpg
    IMAG0650_(resized).jpg
    There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 8 years ago

This week at Aldi supermarkets they have these unbreakable drawer thingys for $7.99

Nice quality, and you get a bunch of dividers with it too.

If you have pinball or electronic parts, you probably need 10 of these, lol.

#2 8 years ago

Sweet, will have to hit and stock up. I've been needing more dividers for some time now.

#3 8 years ago

Didn't know you guys had Aldi over there. They are getting a good following over here now - taking the 2 major grocery chains on and winning. I'm guessing there is a lot more competition in the US though.

#4 8 years ago

Aldi is a much smaller store (square footage wise) in the States, than what I see in Europe.

It has a sister store chain in the States called Trader Joe's that has a lot of inventory overlap.

Aldi usually has better prices than Trader Joe's, like $1.61 for a gallon of hormone free milk.

#5 8 years ago

Nice. I will have to check these out... always outgrowing the organized storage space i have for small items.

#6 8 years ago

I already have 10 of those. They are much needed, especially if you do your own board work and keep ample supply of resistors, caps, diodes, chips on hand.

#7 8 years ago

Urrrrgh... you sound like my wife trying to get me save money by shopping at Aldi...

#8 8 years ago

I was thinking about resistors....... have a drawer for 2.2 valued resistors (or caps).... 2.2 ohm 22 ohm, 220 ohm, 2.2k ohm, 22k ohm, 220k ohm, 2.2mohm etc..... one for every value in 2.2. Next drawer is 2.4, etc......

#9 8 years ago

Oh goody!!! And one is getting ready to open near me....

#10 8 years ago

Aldi has the best brownie mix!

#11 8 years ago

Aldi's is finally hitting Southern California. Billboards everywhere. Saw one being built on old Route 66 in Rancho Cucamonga today. I'm busy with this health food right now.....

IMAG0650_(resized).jpgIMAG0650_(resized).jpg

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I already have 10 of those. They are much needed, especially if you do your own board work and keep ample supply of resistors, caps, diodes, chips on hand.

I usually keep the smaller electronic parts in parts boxes that I get from walmart. Then I put all the boxes on a shelf and slide them out as needed. Parts drawers end up being half empty and waste too much space.

I've only been using parts drawers for ICs and hardware since they can easily fill a parts drawer (which means little wasted space)

20150705222824835_(resized).jpg20150705222824835_(resized).jpg

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Aldi is a much smaller store (square footage wise) in the States, than what I see in Europe.
    It has a sister store chain in the States called Trader Joe's that has a lot of inventory overlap.
    Aldi usually has better prices than Trader Joe's, like $1.61 for a gallon of hormone free milk.

I have an Aldis 2 miles one direction and a Trader Joes 2 miles in another direction and within a 4 miles radius of my house I'm surrounded by at least 20 major supermarkets, 5 Super Target, 4 Walmart, 3 Kmart, 2 Festival, 6 Cub, 1 Costco, 2 Byerlys, and a couple others I can't think of right now.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I have an Aldis 2 miles one direction and a Trader Joes 2 miles in another direction and within a 4 miles radius of my house I'm surrounded by at least 20 major supermarkets, 5 Super Target, 4 Walmart, 3 Kmart, 2 Festival, 6 Cub, 1 Costco, 2 Byerlys, and a couple others I can't think of right now.

You are ready for the zombie apocalypse

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Aldi's is finally hitting Southern California. Billboards everywhere. Saw one being built on old Route 66 in Rancho Cucamonga today. I'm busy with this health food right now.....

IMAG0650_(resized).jpg

looks healthy to me. Look you ate a banana

#16 8 years ago

Cool, I'll pick up some bags of concrete while I'm there too.

#17 8 years ago

Would you like a set of traffic cones with your bread & milk sir?

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

This week at Aldi supermarkets they have these unbreakable drawer thingys for $7.99
    Nice quality, and you get a bunch of dividers with it too.
    If you have pinball or electronic parts, you probably need 10 of these, lol.
    032316_S_91833_92856_WKZ_StorageDrawers_33_D_8480a9bb59_(resized).jpg

How big is it? I didn't know aldi sold anything like this. I just though aldi was a grocery store for low income families. I went in there once and all I remember seeing is what seemed like an aisle of generic fruit flavored soda and sugary drinks.

#19 8 years ago

Most Aldi product is really high quality and extremely good value, at least over here and in Germany. But you don't get a choice of brands - it's all Aldi (but with different names). Peanut butter comes in crunchy and smooth. That's it. Water is fizzy or still. It's like a communist era supermarket was meant to be, but with stock and fresh food.

Most of the perishable product in Aldi here is sourced locally, and usually from the same producers that make the big brands. In many cases the food is better than the big brand stuff. And they look after their suppliers much better than the big supermarkets over here.

But the wierdest thing is every week they have Aldi specials on completely random non food stuff. One week it's computers, next part drawers, next ski gear. It's usually pretty good value also. And it mostly sells out. Then next week it's a completely new range of specials. Their buyers are constantly sourcing supplier close out stock and paying cash upfront. These Aldi specials are a deliberate marketing policy worldwide - it's like bait to lure shoppers, but also builds loyalty and differentiates them from competitors.

Once you get over the lack of brand choice, you can save a significant amount on groceries. It's popular with all income groups over here, but obviously it's great for lower income families. The locations are generally not as convenient as the major chains because Aldi won't pay the rents.

#20 8 years ago

And their German beers are legendary.

In fact one of their $19 bottles of champagne (that's cheap by Australian standards) outrated many of the big top end French brands in one of our local wine tasting magazines.

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Most Aldi product is really high quality and extremely good value, at least over here and in Germany. But you don't get a choice of brands - it's all Aldi (but with different names). Peanut butter comes in crunchy and smooth. That's it. Water is fizzy or still. It's like a communist era supermarket was meant to be, but with stock and fresh food.
    Most of the perishable product in Aldi here is sourced locally, and usually from the same producers that make the big brands. In many cases the food is better than the big brand stuff. And they look after their suppliers much better than the big supermarkets over here.
    But the wierdest thing is every week they have Aldi specials on completely random non food stuff. One week it's computers, next part drawers, next ski gear. It's usually pretty good value also. And it mostly sells out. Then next week it's a completely new range of specials. Their buyers are constantly sourcing supplier close out stock and paying cash upfront. These Aldi specials are a deliberate marketing policy worldwide - it's like bait to lure shoppers, but also builds loyalty and differentiates them from competitors.
    Once you get over the lack of brand choice, you can save a significant amount on groceries. It's popular with all income groups over here, but obviously it's great for lower income families. The locations are generally not as convenient as the major chains because Aldi won't pay the rents.

Interesting.
    Does anyone know if the same is true with aldi in the states?

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I usually keep the smaller electronic parts in parts boxes that I get from walmart. Then I put all the boxes on a shelf and slide them out as needed. Parts drawers end up being half empty and waste too much space.
    I've only been using parts drawers for ICs and hardware since they can easily fill a parts drawer (which means little wasted space)
    20150705222824835_(resized).jpg

Agreed, you can put a pile of these on a shelf or in a cabinet. I get them for $3.99 at Harbor Freight.

http://www.harborfreight.com/24-compartment-large-storage-container-61881.html

If a stand up bin falls over and the drawers slide out you have a mess.

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

Interesting.
    Does anyone know if the same is true with aldi in the states?

Their processed food item are "ok". Some are complete garbage like their soups. The labels are designed to resemble Campbell's but they are of poorer grade than the old "Staff" line. Most of their snack foods are as good as the name brands for less. But, yesterday at Stater Bros. Supermarkets in SoCal, all name brand snacks cheetos, fritos, rold gold etc were 4 bags for $5.00 but if you did not buy in lots of 4, they were $3.00-$3.50 each. With this deal, the name brands are cheaper than Aldi's "Clancy" brand. Alas, Aldi's Salsa is a screaming deal. It tastes just as good as the name brands and is $1.20 less per jar.
    Aldi meats that need cooking are garbage as well. Loaded with water so it shrinks to 60% of normal size. Their lunchmeats seem to be OK, but they aren't any cheaper than the store brands. Milk/dairy is fine.

#24 8 years ago

I had five linear feet of wall space covered with these things for a long time. Great storage but encouraged me to become a pack rat.

#25 8 years ago

I've only been to Aldi once, but it made me think of this Simpsons episode -

magnetbox_(resized).pngmagnetbox_(resized).png

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Man, I'm jealous!

#27 8 years ago

It's the same size as any other storage drawer thing (same as the HF $14.99 unit), maybe ~18x12" but don't quote me on that.

Quoted from SilverBallz:

I just though aldi was a grocery store for low income families.

Aldi is one of those ecco stores where you bring your own reusable bags and return your shopping cart back to the rack for .25 cents instead of leaving it out in the parking lot to scratch up my vehicle.

Lots of hormone-free and non-gmo foods, Girlscout cookies all year around. Food of the week sales, so one week is all German import foods, another Italian or Asian.

In Europe, Aldi is much larger, kind of like a Super K-Mart.

In the States, Aldi is smaller - I can buy all my groceries and be back in my truck before I could even get to the Milk isle at Martins.

#28 8 years ago

Well, I stopped at my local Aldi's today, and not only did they have the parts drawers, they also had a small selection of tools, a socket and bit set, and a second parts drawer unit with small plastic bins, rather than drawers.

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

Aldi has the best brownie mix!

Definitely!!! It's awesome!

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#30 8 years ago

Funny. Aldi is like the most normal thing in my life.

The concept is very easy. No shelves, everything on palettes, buy in masses, no services, no fancy store inventory. Aldi brothers haves been the richest family in Germany if i remember correctly.

Their stuff is ok. Mostly rebranded stuff that's exactly the same as the ones in the commercials that have a name.

Their wine is great, they have a line of electronic products called MEDION, their stuff is often rated pretty good, too. The beer sucks though.

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Well, I stopped at my local Aldi's today, and not only did they have the parts drawers, they also had a small selection of tools, a socket and bit set, and a second parts drawer unit with small plastic bins, rather than drawers.

I saw the automotive tool set (ratchets, sockets etc.). Interesting "warranty"; makes Harbor freight look good.

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from Endprodukt:

The beer sucks though.

But you're spoilt for choice in Germany.....compared to other imported beers available here, the Aldi stuff is just as good and 1/2 the price.

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from LarryMac:

I've only been to Aldi once, but it made me think of this Simpsons episode -

magnetbox_(resized).png

I know a genuine panaphonics when I see it.

#34 8 years ago

Aldi Store manager here. I like my job but the hours prevent me from going to more shows and tournaments...

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

Definitely!!! It's awesome!
    --
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

maybe it already has the pot already included. Instant munchies.

#36 8 years ago

I really like Aldi. They have great nuts and trail mixes. The best thing they sell is the fresh salsa. I get two tubs of the Hot every time I go in! It is the best grocery store salsa ever.

#37 8 years ago

These are addictive:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#38 8 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

I really like Aldi. They have great nuts and trail mixes. The best thing they sell is the fresh salsa. I get two tubs of the Hot every time I go in! It is the best grocery store salsa ever.

Agreed about the Salsa. Just as good as the name brands and $1.20 less per jar. I'll edit my post above.

#39 8 years ago

Taco and burrito kits rule at Aldi, bottled water is great. Food product quality in Oz is really good. Also sells some bizarre German food which I like

#40 8 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Agreed about the Salsa. Just as good as the name brands and $1.20 less per jar. I'll edit my post above.

The salsa I was talking about is in the refrigerated section in a plastic tub.

#41 8 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

The salsa I was talking about is in the refrigerated section in a plastic tub.

I'm talking about the glass jars that you only need to refrigerate after opening if you don't finish it. Never bought Salsa that is refrigerated to start with.

#42 8 years ago

In and out Bruce! It's been about 10 years for me.

#43 8 years ago
    Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

In and out Bruce! It's been about 10 years for me.

Even put some in the freezer to bring home!

Unit #34 in Ontario. Drive thru and walk-up only location. Built in 1984. I walked over from the hotel. In shorts of course.

IMAG0649_(resized).jpgIMAG0649_(resized).jpg

#44 8 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

But you're spoilt for choice in Germany.....compared to other imported beers available here, the Aldi stuff is just as good and 1/2 the price.

Very sorry to hear that. What brand do they sell? Wondering how different the product palette is.

Do they sell the beer in glass or plastic bottles?

#45 8 years ago

This is the one i will always buy when they have it. It's a Pils from Hamburg....it's good, but they don't always have it. So I stock up when they do. I think it's about $30-$35 a case.

They also do some local ales and lagers which are just rebranded big Australian beer brands. They're as good as any of the local beers.

No plastic bottles - doubt that would sell at all here.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#46 8 years ago

Okay. First of, this is a local beer from where i live and it's almost 180km away from hamburg. Flensburg ist right next to the Danish border.

Astra is a beer from Hamburg.

Both are very good German beers. They would never ever sell those at aldi in Germany. Aldi is a discount super market and they sell beer in plastic bottles in Germany.

I guess your aldi is very different from the German original. But it's great you can have that beer over there. I pay much less though

#47 8 years ago

The Aldi here is an Americanized version. But yeah, it is where I go to get my German sugar fix. I spent 8 years in Germany and miss a bunch of foods, snacks, wine, certain beers, etc...

#48 8 years ago

I like how all of the beers there looks like their name brand counterparts from a package/bottle design standpoint.

#49 8 years ago

First encountered ALDI when I lived in Scotland.
    ALDI is sort of a cross between a Grocery Outlet Warehouse store and Big Lots!
    You can find some good deals, but choices are very limited,
    actually fairly random, one can not go with a full grocery shopping list
    and expect to find everything you want.

#50 8 years ago

All the SoCal Aldi's opened yesterday(March 24th). Those poor people.......

There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/799-storage-drawer-bins-at-aldi-you-want-these/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.