IMG_3149 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3247 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3358 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3283 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3415 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3413 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3507 (resized).jpeg
There are 359 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
#301 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

What’s the website?

Sometimes he's a necessary evil. He sells on eBay and pays his royalties but his products are the worst. That being said, I ordered the same apron decals for my lost world.

#302 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

What’s the website?

That I don't know. He's on ebay

#303 4 years ago
Quoted from CanadianPinball:

Sometimes he's a necessary evil. He sells on eBay and pays his royalties but his products are the worst. That being said, I ordered the same apron decals for my lost world.

I got the translite from him and I really like it. I think it looks great. So yeah ya never know

#304 4 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

Classic Arcade. Will see how it looks when it gets here.

Mine looked really bad. The colors weren't even close. I couldn't use them. Luckily a buddy had a sweet LW that I traded him for. Otherwise, my project LW would have had a crappy apron which looked like it came off a Supersonic.

#305 4 years ago

That's a bummer. Now I'm thinking I might scan my apron before sanding & use photshop to print my own waterslide decals or print my own stickers. If the colors are bad on the ebay decals, I don't even want to waste the $30 on them.

Seems like pinballrescue.net no longer sells the bally/williams reproductions. That's a shame.

#306 4 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

I got the translite from him and I really like it. I think it looks great. So yeah ya never know

You got a lost world translite? If so, the backglass in your pics looks spot on.

#307 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

You got a lost world translite? If so, the backglass in your pics looks spot on.

Yes the translight is what you see in the. Looks really nice.

However I did get my apron decals. Not too sure what to think about those.

15687399016106801285281490994685 (resized).jpg15687399016106801285281490994685 (resized).jpg
#309 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Ugh. Colors are way off.

Yeah not real happy with the colors either. Have to go to an "b", which I don't have just yet.

1 week later
#310 4 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

However I did get my apron decals. Not too sure what to think about those.[quoted image]

Try scanning those new decals and just adjust the colors in a photo editing software. Print it out, but tell your printer you’re using photo paper even if you aren’t and see if you can get a better match. Then have them reprinted on decal paper.

#311 4 years ago

Great thread! Thanks for all the info. I started my Lost World restoration last weekend.

3 weeks later
#312 4 years ago

Great job, the game turned out amazing.

#313 4 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Great job, the game turned out amazing.

Thanks for the compliment greatly appreciated. I've been playing the game and it plays really well I'm real happy with the way it turned out.

Looking forward to doing another game soon

#314 4 years ago

Great game to play for sure. mine sees a lot of use.

#315 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Great game to play for sure. mine sees a lot of use.

Yeah doesn't seem to get a lot of love from lots of people but I think it's a fun game

#316 4 years ago

And so beautiful. Mine will sit one side of sorcerer (when it gets here) and the other side will be my Genie or a Swords of Fury. Just love that late 80's art, reminds me of the tattoos that were going on back then.

2 years later
#317 1 year ago
Quoted from timab2000:

However I did get my apron decals. Not too sure what to think about those.[quoted image]

Resurrected your old thread, as I was looking over because I am in the process of an "almost restore" on my Lost World. I just bought those same apron decals this morning. Originally my thought was to leave the apron as is - a little corrosion and lost art, but now that I have refinished the playfield, the apron looks worse by comparison. I don't get the original weird blue-green color that doesn't really match anything on the game, and personally I don't like it. I was planning to change the color anyway, so I am fine with the difference. Might consider matching it with the purple in the decal. Dunno yet.

#318 1 year ago

Nice bump. Mine has a new cpr playfield now too. It's gorgeous.

#319 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Nice bump. Mine has a new cpr playfield now too. It's gorgeous.

That must be nice. Congrats!

I guess this is almost a generic question, but I'm already here. Has anyone else altered apron colors on a game from the original intentionally?

#320 1 year ago

lw4 (resized).jpglw4 (resized).jpg

lw5 (resized).jpglw5 (resized).jpg

#321 1 year ago

Wow! Looks great. Back box "frame" purple. Rubbers. Pop skirts....quite a few modifications. Thanks for sharing.

#322 1 year ago

this pin is a beauty for sure ! (even if i dont like the added led, and the purple touch)

#323 1 year ago
Quoted from timab2000:

Yeah I would agree with that possibly either way that bad boy is coming off.
Little overkill on the nails I'd say[quoted image][quoted image]

I made $1.26 removing mine. I guess the security plate works.

20220530_092347 (resized).jpg20220530_092347 (resized).jpg
#324 1 year ago

Mine at this stage. Next up will be the apron. Hoping my back will heal soon so I can start the cabinet.

20220531_152112 (resized).jpg20220531_152112 (resized).jpg
#325 1 year ago

Wow I surprised that anyone looks at my old restore post.

Have not been on the site for a couple years, but now I'm back (at least for a while)

Your games look great!

#326 1 year ago
Quoted from timab2000:

Wow I surprised that anyone looks at my old restore post.
Have not been on the site for a couple years, but now I'm back (at least for a while)
Your games look great!

Thanks!

As far as looking at your old restore post, that's probably because yours might be the only documented Lost World restore out here!

Thanks for taking the time for posting all the details and pictures, it's very valuable info to other hobbyists.

#327 1 year ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Thanks!
As far as looking at your old restore post, that's probably because yours might be the only documented Lost World restore out here!
Thanks for taking the time for posting all the details and pictures, it's very valuable info to other hobbyists.

Yeah glad to hear that it's helping folks out. Getting ready to redo another game here soon.

#328 1 year ago
Quoted from timab2000:

Yeah glad to hear that it's helping folks out. Getting ready to redo another game here soon.

Which game?

I like the colors for the apron and decals.

20220603_052956 (resized).jpg20220603_052956 (resized).jpg
#329 1 year ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Which game?
I like the colors for the apron and decals.
[quoted image]

I'm going to redo a Mr and Mrs Pacman

#330 1 year ago
Quoted from timab2000:

See, I borrowed from your idea. I had a few things in my shop and screwed them together.

20220605_110611 (resized).jpg20220605_110611 (resized).jpg20220605_110553 (resized).jpg20220605_110553 (resized).jpg
#331 1 year ago

I'm too cheap to buy stencils, so I am making my own. I'm also going to try to recreate that slightly fuzzy overspray look that is characteristic of these older games by slightly lifting the stencils.

20220608_044059 (resized).jpg20220608_044059 (resized).jpg
#332 1 year ago

this LW had for sure one of the greatest pinball artwork...

meanwhile, here's my "home made" pincab, you know what i mean about inspiration !?

cab (resized).jpgcab (resized).jpg

#333 1 year ago

Just finished mine a month or two back.

The Pimp stickers pulled up a bunch of the red layer, I had to airbrush a bunch of it back on.

Not perfect - but came up ok.

rd

AC0D4E50-3516-4A25-90FF-6FCF3A35CADE (resized).jpegAC0D4E50-3516-4A25-90FF-6FCF3A35CADE (resized).jpeg
#334 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

this LW had for sure one of the greatest pinball artwork...
meanwhile, here's my "home made" pincab, you know what i mean about inspiration !?

[quoted image]

How did you do the cab art? Looks good.

#335 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Just finished mine a month or two back.
The Pimp stickers pulled up a bunch of the red layer, I had to airbrush a bunch of it back on.
Not perfect - but came up ok.
rd[quoted image]

Nice work. The neck on mine below the backbox is black. I never thought about painting it yellow. I guess that would also simplify things a little.

#336 1 year ago
Quoted from wayout440:

How did you do the cab art? Looks good.

that part was done from a friend (hi Nicolas if you're reading)

all was re-design by him (he has done "art" section at school), but doesnt want to 100% "copy" the original work, just taking big inspiration
than professionnaly printed/cutted on sticker, placed on the cab (previously painted black), and finally clearcoat all above

#337 1 year ago

The art inspired the graffiti artist at my place. I gave him a wall and said 'do something pinball'.

This is what he came up with out of all my machines.

ash3 (resized).jpgash3 (resized).jpg

ash4 (resized).jpgash4 (resized).jpg

ash5 (resized).jpgash5 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#338 1 year ago

This is what mine ended up to be. It was a journey and I learned a lot along the way:

If I was to buy another rusty game, I'd either buy one with less rust or buy a tumbler immediately. Removing rust with various chemical removers and wire wheels is a big pain, adds more time and results are not always great.

The cabinet painting overspray effect was good in some areas, in others it was too much. If making stencils, poster board is too flimsy - find a more rigid material. Purchasing and learning to use an airbrush would probably produce better results than rattle cans.

A lot of this was me trying to keep costs in check, so that I was buying only what was absolutely needed. Some of those items: Electronic components, connectors and pins, coils & coil sleeves, lamp sockets, all new bulbs, new EOS and cab switches, pop bumper caps, translite, back glass lift rail, power switch, keyed alike locks and leg levelers.

Anyways, it plays great. Brutal sling shots. Already struggling to beat my wife's high score.

FB_IMG_1656144727171 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1656144727171 (resized).jpg
1 year later
#339 4 months ago

Old thread but I’m about to start on my restoration. Lost world was the first Pin I ever bought. Mine was an amazing condition survivor so to speak. Not a single chip in the back glass, some crackling in the purple under the wing but that was about it. Playfield in it now is horrible. I fixed up a lost world to give my buddy as a surprise bday present, and I put my nice playfield in his, and I kept his crap one, since I’m about to swap mine. I had a cpr playfield for it, but I wasn’t sold on the colors, too vivid. Then I managed to pick up a NOS playfield that had a chip in the wing. I got it back today from being repaired, inserts epoxied to make sure they never drop, and clear coated. I already have new purple side rails for the playfield, new plastics, pop bumpers, star posts, you name it. Already did a yoppsicle upgraded and just went ahead and already rebuilt the slings and flippers. I do have a stencil kit for it, and paint, but I think I’m gonna hold off. It has such minimal wear, I think that can wait. I took the first week of Jan off and plan to do the swap then. Last swap I did was a paragon, so this will be simple compared to that lol. But here’s the crown jewel I got back today!! It was never installed in a game, but it looks like somebody flush mounted plastics to it as wall art, since only those hole have been used.

IMG_6829 (resized).jpegIMG_6829 (resized).jpeg
#340 4 months ago

Top stuff, saw your post in the game room thread but didn't want to clutter it with offtopic.

I did remark to myself the difference between your colours and my CPR one above, Do you think yours is as printed, or do you think there's a possibility of age affecting the pigments?

Makes no difference, and yours is absolutely beautiful, but i think about these things.

Mine is colour and hardware modified, so it makes sense that we each have the right playfield too.

Also, what are the dark parts at the top of the playfield? Shadows?

#341 4 months ago

I won a Lost World in the 3rd grade at some homecoming event. It lived in my parents basement for years, moved to Louisville but came back to Chicago about 2 years ago. Bought a new CPR and did the playfield swamp. Fun project for sure!

67936851636__FE48B4DC-F9B5-4C0D-A8A8-AD2C2405D6DF (resized).jpeg67936851636__FE48B4DC-F9B5-4C0D-A8A8-AD2C2405D6DF (resized).jpegIMG_3146 (resized).jpegIMG_3146 (resized).jpegIMG_3147 (resized).jpegIMG_3147 (resized).jpegIMG_3149 (resized).jpegIMG_3149 (resized).jpegIMG_3247 (resized).jpegIMG_3247 (resized).jpegIMG_3283 (resized).jpegIMG_3283 (resized).jpegIMG_3358 (resized).jpegIMG_3358 (resized).jpegIMG_3412 (resized).jpegIMG_3412 (resized).jpegIMG_3413 (resized).jpegIMG_3413 (resized).jpegIMG_3415 (resized).jpegIMG_3415 (resized).jpegIMG_3507 (resized).jpegIMG_3507 (resized).jpegIMG_3535 (resized).jpegIMG_3535 (resized).jpeg
#342 4 months ago

The top corners had a little bit of staining. Not sure Tobacco or what. Since it’s under plastics I wasn’t too worried about it, but we did try removing it normally and it didn’t change. My old playfield seems to match this one identically as far as color shades, so unless they aged basically the same, I think this is about as true to stock as you could possibly get.

#343 4 months ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

The top corners had a little bit of staining. Not sure Tobacco or what. Since it’s under plastics I wasn’t too worried about it, but we did try removing it normally and it didn’t change. My old playfield seems to match this one identically as far as color shades, so unless they aged basically the same, I think this is about as true to stock as you could possibly get.

Mine was drastically changed. Looked for a pic and seems impossible, but can't find one. it had changed to red.

Edit, found it in the thread here.

Pinside_forum_5113585_4 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_5113585_4 (resized).jpg

#344 4 months ago

It faded to red? Or somebody redid it red? Looks cool either way lol

#345 4 months ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

There was some small touch up's, But this was how it really looked.

The purple was there under the plastics.

gitfree has got the playfield now, he may chip in.

2 weeks later
#346 3 months ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Here’s my one I restored 2 years ago.

The playfield had no sign of any purple on it. I’d always presumed they were all red like mine until I saw the CPR ones. I thought the purple looked weird!

Here’s my one …check out the color…

rd

9692a6fa-e748-4ff3-9636-fee302cc83d1 (resized).jpeg9692a6fa-e748-4ff3-9636-fee302cc83d1 (resized).jpegIMG_8026 (resized).jpegIMG_8026 (resized).jpegf2613212-97dc-48fd-8a82-aa5cffd87c17 (resized).jpegf2613212-97dc-48fd-8a82-aa5cffd87c17 (resized).jpeg
#347 3 months ago

Interesting. Almost makes me wonder if there was two versions. All the ones I’ve seen in person have been some type of purple. I’ve personally had 4 and have seen 2-3 others besides mine. Either way I’m getting anxious. Couple more days and I do my swap. Need to get past this New Year’s party first lol

#348 3 months ago

Purple is original. It seems to fade to red on many examples. You can tell because it's not a consistent color and is closer to purple under plastics.

#349 3 months ago

Started yesterday morning. Almost 20 hours of work time later… it’s done. Did a couple live streams on my Kolks Pinball Facebook page. Working on a final walk around video right now. Need to replace spoon switches, but it’s done
Sorry it’s a screen shot of video.

IMG_7127 (resized).jpegIMG_7127 (resized).jpeg
#350 3 months ago

a true beauty ! simple as that

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 359 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/78-bally-lost-world-restore/page/7?hl=jason43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.