You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3642_LI (resized).jpg
IMG_3619 (resized).JPG
IMG_3615 (resized).JPG
IMG_3614 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Just acquired a very clean Lucky Hand - the AAB version of Jacks Open. Do have a schematic but STILL fairly limited in my abilities to use as a diagnostic tool. Machine is set for coin play - a single 25cent mech.

Insert coin, score motor starts and never stops, score reels reset, sequence unit never stops resetting, drop targets do not reset, AX, R Hold and S Start relays lock on. Score reel switches appear to cycle correctly when viewed while manually stroking.

I do not have a specific start sequence for this machine. I have been looking at the the 76 &77 single player Gottlieb start up sequences on Mr. Pinball.

I usually get rust buckets so start by total cleaning of every thing in the back box - this one still has mirror bright brackets! and I would like to get it to shoot-able this week before the giver's holiday home visit ends.

Suggestions.

Cheers

Tom

#3 7 years ago

The coin switch appears fine. Will look at supply switches next - I did notice the odd connection of a wire on to the coil bracket hex cap screw on the ball count unit . Seems odd. yellow/?blue? wire.
IMG_3614 (resized).JPGIMG_3614 (resized).JPGIMG_3615 (resized).JPGIMG_3615 (resized).JPGIMG_3619 (resized).JPGIMG_3619 (resized).JPG

#7 7 years ago

Thanks! Turned out that the B relay had a couple of switch issues that solved many things - things are getting better.

Issues now with the sequence stepper, the ball count unit and an unnamed stepper that is located under the playfield - maybe the ??WOW unit??

Seems like a previous owner did a superb shop job in the back box and most major mechanicals - all the chrome gleams, wire harness is clean, labels replaced, coil wrappers bright.

Just missed the warnings about over use of lube. The three problem steppers have springs gobbed with Super Lube, plungers and sleeves packed like a grease fitting! So I've fired up the ultra-sonic and the de-gunking begins. Such a shame as the rest is so top job.

When I went to remove the unknown playfield stepper I noticed that the fine wire connected to some shoes was broken at two locations.

IMG_3642_LI (resized).jpgIMG_3642_LI (resized).jpg

Is it a double connection (yellow) or a link (red) or other???

--Tom

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphod.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/77-gottlieb-lucky-hand-start-up-squence-does-not-complete?tu=zaphod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.