Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by mattk22
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I just got this game, it boots fine sometimes and other times I will only get an LED flicker. Then sometimes mid game it will basically stop working, lights are on, paddles don't work, and the scoreboards all read 0.

Should i start by replacing U2, U5 and U6?

The MPU board was replaced by the previous owner about 10 years ago, not sure if that is any help to solving this problem.

#2 9 years ago

Could be a lot of different things. RAM, RAM socket, m/f connectors, corrosion from old battery, 5v supply.......

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-quick-bally-driver-board-repair-bulletproofing

#3 9 years ago

i am going to try and get some time this weekend to check things out, thanks!

#4 9 years ago

so I found that my F4 fuse keeps blowing. If i put a 15 amps(lowest fuse I had that wasn't 5 amps) fuse in there instead of a 5 amps it starts perfectly fine. Is that something I can do, or will I be hurting something else?

#5 9 years ago

no, do not overfuse. it can cause a fire. FIRE BAD

#6 9 years ago

any suggestions on what i should do next?

#7 9 years ago

Anything i should test, that blowing the F4 would affect? Like taking readings from somewhere that may tell me where the problem may be?

Could it be the Bridge Rectifier? should i just replace it or whats the best way to test it?

#8 9 years ago

make sure all the connectors are properly plugged into the Solenoid Driver Board. read the schematics from IPDB and make sure they are seated correctly. If they are flipped or not seated in the correct position, that can blow fuses too.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

make sure all the connectors are properly plugged into the Solenoid Driver Board. read the schematics from IPDB and make sure they are seated correctly. If they are flipped or not seated in the correct position, that can blow fuses too.

I checked all plugs to make sure everything was seated correctly, so I believe they are all good.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 179.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/77-ballys-power-play-led-flicker-only and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.